Author Topic: Jake King wins appeal, suspension reduced to one week  (Read 10619 times)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Jake King cops two weeks for striking
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2010, 01:52:05 PM »
King’s charge:
The incident was assessed as intentional conduct (three points), low impact (one point) and high contact (two points). This is a total of six activation points, resulting in a classification of a level three offence, drawing 225 demerit points and a two-match sanction. He has an existing bad record of two matches suspended within the last three years, increasing the penalty by 20 per cent to 250 points. He also has 39.06 points carried over from within the last 12 months, increasing the penalty to 309.06 points and a three-match sanction. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to 231.80 points and a two-match sanction.

Can someone please explain to me how 250 + 39.06 = 309.06

The issue is the 250 is wrong.

(225*1.2) = 270.

Therefore . . .

270+39.06 = 309.06
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2010, 02:07:23 PM »
Ah of course, I should never have assumed I could trust the maths of a journalist.
However, given it appears that spelling and grammar isn't even a prerequisite for a journo these days, wanting math skills as well is probably pushing my luck.

Offline rufio_1991

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2010, 04:22:14 PM »
i thought king couldn't play round 1 anyway becuase i thought he and hislop both got 2 match bans from the collingwood game last year?

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2010, 04:28:59 PM »
I think that was round 20
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2010, 05:39:14 PM »
Kingy's hearing happening now according to SEN.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2010, 05:48:42 PM »
Ch 10 said Cloke has been called to the hearing. So Kingy and Cloke will be face to face again.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2010, 06:21:23 PM »
3aw says Kingy is trying to get the suspension downgraded to one week claiming contact wasn't intentional. He was just trying to get two Magpies who were on top of him off him. Cloke has apparently said he felt contact to the side of the face.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2010, 06:22:09 PM »
Ch 7 saying penalty reduced to one week
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Jake King wins appeal, suspension reduced to one week
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2010, 06:24:44 PM »
Edit: Beat me too it WP  :thumbsup

Kingy's suspension has been reduced to one week. Classed as reckless rather than intentional.

Ch 7 said Cloke apparently backed Kingy's version saying it wasn't intentional.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2010, 06:41:35 PM »
thats good , he'll be straight into the side, for mine is more capable than Hislop or thompson
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

the claw

« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2010, 07:14:34 PM »
thats good , he'll be straight into the side, for mine is more capable than Hislop or thompson
geez i hope not anyway who will he replace.
small backs newman tambling farmer are miles in front of him. small forwards  nason nahas roberts even unfit,  morton and a rotating mid. cant play mid field cant play back because of skill issues.
what ever happened to only playing good kicks where possible. if hardwick wants credability i hope he can stick to his mantra.

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2010, 07:31:25 PM »
geez i hope not anyway who will he replace.
small backs newman tambling farmer are miles in front of him. small forwards  nason nahas roberts even unfit,  morton and a rotating mid. cant play mid field cant play back because of skill issues.
what ever happened to only playing good kicks where possible. if hardwick wants credability i hope he can stick to his mantra.

His "Mantra" was to recuit good kicks not play good kicks. until he has had 2-3 years to turn over the list there is no way he could stick to that.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2010, 08:15:35 PM »
Downgrade means King will miss just one week
richmondfc.com.au
By Matt Burgan and Luke Holmesby
6:57 PM Tue 16 March, 2010

RICHMOND'S Jake King will now miss just the season opener against Carlton on March 25 after his striking charge against Collingwood's Travis Cloke was downgraded from intentional to reckless.

King's charge original drew him 270 points however that was slashed to 141.8 points following the tribunal hearing, which deemed he struck Cloke high but with low impact.

King will now miss just one match instead of the three he could have served if Tuesday night's challenge proved unsuccessful.

The 25-year-old was charged with striking Cloke during Richmond's 28-point NAB Challenge loss at Visy Park on March 5. King was not reported on the day and only limited video evidence was available for the charge.

Despite having his suspension cut, King was frustrated at missing one match, after the tribunal, headed by chairman David Jones and jury Emmett Dunne, David Pittman and Wayne Schimmelbusch, made its decision.

"I'd rather miss none, though," he said following the hearing. 

Considering the potential outcome, Richmond football operations manager Ross Monaghan said the club was pleased with the result.

"It's always disappointing to come to the tribunal, but given the circumstances that surround matter, we're pleased with the outcome," Monaghan said.

"The outcome was what we asked the tribunal to consider and they found in our favour.

"It's disappointing for Jake to miss round one, certainly, but we think it was a really thorough process by the AFL and it's been really professionally handled and we certainly couldn't be critical of anything that's happened tonight."

During the hearing, King stressed he did not intentionally hurt Cloke.

"I did not throw a punch at Travis Cloke … my intentions were to get their hands off my face and up on my feet [off the ground]," he said.

Cloke also attended the hearing and although he acknowledged he "copped a bit of a clip to the eye", he didn't believe King's actions were intentional.

"I don't think anyone intends to hit anyone … [my] face with in the wrong place at the wrong time," the Magpie said

But emergency field umpire Damian Anderson, who made a brief appearance at the hearing before being excused, was adamant in his response.

"Cloke said: 'Did you see that?' King hit me," Anderson said.

The tribunal said it did not take into account King's previous reports, which included being suspended for the last two matches of 2009 for striking Collingwood's Alan Didak.

King has played 41 matches since debuting in 2007. He was originally drafted at No.24 in the 2007 NAB AFL Rookie Draft (held in December 2006).

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/90614/default.aspx

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2010, 09:22:40 AM »
Great we can bring him back for the game against the Bulldogs. :help

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2010, 09:26:30 AM »

"Cloke said: 'Did you see that?' King hit me," Anderson said.

If Cloke said that, i'm surprised there wasn't a 100m queue of people wanting to king hit him  :lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do