Author Topic: Round 4: Richmond v Melbourne  (Read 10211 times)

TigerTimeII

Re: Round 4: Richmond v Melbourne
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 04:29:52 PM »
if we play 4 quarters like we did in the second half v sydney we will win

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 04:41:13 PM »
From what I saw/heard a shocking game especially that first half. Crows had no one on the bench after half-time to rotate and that allowed Melbourne to run over them. The Dees may end up beating us but they are still a crap side. As we know 1 goal in a half of footy is pathetic. Could be NIL-ALL next week lol. Trengove (excellent today) and Martin will probably be the best two players on the park next week which says a lot about the quality of both lists.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 04:45:15 PM »
feel sorry for adelaide there being hit hard by injury's.
hopefully we get a win over the dee's we've still got the better list out of to poor lists.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2010, 05:17:24 PM »
Melbourne will be in the 8 after next week, our skill level is no ware near theirs and we are not as hard at the ball as them. They looked very good against the Crows today and they never dropped their heads.

How much pressure did Adelaide put on Melb WAT?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2010, 05:44:48 PM »
Melbourne will be in the 8 after next week, our skill level is no ware near theirs and we are not as hard at the ball as them. They looked very good against the Crows today and they never dropped their heads.

It was a very scrappy game Al, lots of scrambling pressure but the only time it flowed was the last 5 minutes when Adelaide finally ran out of legs (they had about 15 inside 50's in the last quarter for 1 point).  Adelaide were woeful and are clearly suffering from their injury list but it took Melbourne all game and an 'unfair' advantage of 4 more fit men to finally run them down.  One thing Melbourne have improved in is tackling but apart from that not much else.  Just like us, when we are up and running our skills look better but under pressure not so much - Melbourne were the same today - their first half was utter crap.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2010, 06:08:52 PM »
From what I saw/heard a shocking game especially that first half. Crows had no one on the bench after half-time to rotate and that allowed Melbourne to run over them. The Dees may end up beating us but they are still a crap side. As we know 1 goal in a half of footy is pathetic. Could be NIL-ALL next week lol. Trengove (excellent today) and Martin will probably be the best two players on the park next week which says a lot about the quality of both lists.

Totally agree.
Watched the entire melbourne game today.
Some chance for a nil all draw next week,.
It will be ugly

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2010, 06:24:03 PM »
cheers WAT
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2010, 06:35:31 PM »
seeing they only kicked 7g it tells me we could be some chance, we'll see
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2010, 07:58:50 PM »

Sorry al I have not been on my computer until now. I thought the pressure was on the entire game actually, right up until Jones goal in the last. The Dees have a pretty good game plan, I don't think we will beat them, I hope we do but after watching us for 3 weeks and the Dees they seem a bit more ahead IMO.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

jackstar is back again

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2010, 08:07:40 PM »

Sorry al I have not been on my computer until now. I thought the pressure was on the entire game actually, right up until Jones goal in the last. The Dees have a pretty good game plan, I don't think we will beat them, I hope we do but after watching us for 3 weeks and the Dees they seem a bit more ahead IMO.

THEY HAVE A TERRIBLE GAME PLAN< AS DID THE CROWS :banghead :banghead :banghead
Watched the entire game, on most occasions they had 16 players sitting in D50, now thats a good game plan , NOT !
Did you watch Freo and Geelong game ? Thats a great game plan by both teams, quick transition football :thumbsup

Tigermonk

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2010, 08:10:14 PM »
Who am l going to follow next week Jack  ;D
l hold a Melbourne membership as most know & after watching them today they are miles in front of Richmond in all departments
l'm just so confused the carnage down at Tigerland. so l'm backing Melbourne   to skin the toothless Tigers   :lol

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2010, 08:19:06 PM »
I was actually at the game today. Freezing and extremely blistery windy conditions.

Melbourne simply has no forwardline. Newton is hopeless and Green is ok but works to far up the ground as the got numbers back all day. Apart from that there forwardline was pretty open with young Bennall being pretty handy.

Jack Grimes is a class act and won them the game in the last quarter, very very very good player off half back.

They rely massively on Davey's kicking skills, the guys doesn't miss a target.

Frawley down back in handy as is Garland. There midfield was OK and didn't dominate, fairly scrappy stuff.

To there credit they had a crack. Our backline should beat there forwardline convincingly. Our forwards will struggle as they get numbers back and we'll turn the ball over a bit. In turn hopefully they continue to turnover the ball a bit aswell so we can get our hands on it ore often than not.

The game will probably be one in the midfield as always. Deledio has to have a big game for us to win as does Jackson on Davey and Jack up forward. If Martin or Cotchin can havea  good to great game we should go very close to beating them.
Go Tigers!

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2010, 08:37:12 PM »
Who am l going to follow next week Jack  ;D
l hold a Melbourne membership as most know & after watching them today they are miles in front of Richmond in all departments
l'm just so confused the carnage down at Tigerland. so l'm backing Melbourne   to skin the toothless Tigers   :lol

Well stuff off to the Demonland forum then.  :stupid
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2010, 10:19:21 PM »
I watched too and regardless the style of game the pressure was pretty relentless.
For that reason alone I think we will be too soft and Melbourne are gunna win this.
Don't know what is going on at the cows but all credit to Melbourne, not forgetting they took the Skunks to the wire a week before.
Think the way the cows are going shows how much the game is played above the shoulders, they should be doing better.
If we are gunna rely on Jack up forward we are in trouble because that Frawley dude is a pretty damn good player.
We will need to get players at the fall of the ball in the forward line and for that reason I would get Nahas back in the side with stern instructions he has a point to prove.

As for skunkmonk I know 10 year olds with more brains than you, not kidding - I wont be wasting any more breath on you - F off tard

Tigermonk

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2010, 11:39:45 PM »
no-one cares  ;D l never wasted my breath on you CUB ever so go tell someone who cares.
my heart bleeds for you too Tigersalive  :lol Richmond are poo on & off the field & your paying for that LMFAO
Keep paying cause l have seen the light
AFL players my ass  :shh  half of them would not make seniors in a normal comp kicking like that  :rollin they be bench warmers chewing oranges