Author Topic: Coburg vs Casey Scorpions, Sat. May 8  (Read 7476 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Coburg vs Casey Scorpions, Sat. May 8
« Reply #90 on: May 08, 2010, 04:41:29 PM »
FF at the game:

"Great piece of play by McMahon finishing with a nice kick to Browne's advantage who is so slow he didn't get near it.

Griffiths walked past, looks like a left shoulder. Bugger!  :(

Disaster of a day."

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #91 on: May 08, 2010, 04:44:39 PM »
Commentators saying Coburg won't win a game in the next month. Meaning 1 win 7 losses.

Final Score

Coburg   1.5    2.7    5.11     6.16-52
Casey    3.5    9.8   13.11   18.17-125

Goals: Griffths 2, Hislop, Roberts, Jordan, Kadhlefelt

ask them for tonights lotto numbers !! clearly tossers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2010, 04:54:51 PM »
FF says struggling to find any bests .... Connors, umm ....

"Cuz was here watching. So much for him not showing interest as certain people would have us think ..."

Commentators (remember these guys didn't have a clue who was who half the time):

Morton - should be kicking bags at this level. Played out of position.

Thomson- unsighted

Gus and Browne - tried hard and good around the ground. Problem is the field kicking. Same as Casey ruckmen.

Connors - unsighted after half-time. Played out of position. Maybe was a rotation issue.

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #93 on: May 08, 2010, 04:55:09 PM »
wow, we are in a world of trouble.

Griffiths definately did his strapped shoulder, headbutted the ground in frustration when it happened. My guess is he wont play afl this year, which is a shame because he has good hands and runs very hard. Kicked the opening two goals from limited delivery. Could easily hold down a FF position in two years time if the shoulder holds together. Im being bias but i reckon he will have Jack Watts covered if he can stay on the park.

Mcguane had his knee iced at 3/4 time dont know how bad it was, he looked to be explaining it to foley but didnt seem to concerned. Didnt to alot. Good to see foley, cuz and kingy watching on.

Connors was the only AFL player out there with any intent, and he seemed realitively quiet.

Grahaem- Is not an AFL footballer at all, he was deplorable.

Post was finding ways not to get involved in the play, he has absolutely no confidence. none.

Morton gosh he played like a frustrated player that didnt want to be there.

Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #94 on: May 08, 2010, 04:59:08 PM »
2010 VFL Reserves

Casey Scorpions   3.4  4.7  9.8  14.9 (93)
Coburg Tigers      2.2  4.3  7.4  14.10 (94)

GOALS:
Casey Scorpions: Waite 4 Sykes 3 Petropoulos 2 Jones 2 Dowse  Tynan  Simpson
Coburg Tigers: Gestier 3 Lawton 3 Dennis 2 Duhau  Cattapan  Meroli  Westhoff  Gilligan  Sardo

BEST:
Casey Scorpions: McDonald Simpson Bell Fieldsend Weekes Waite
Coburg Tigers: Duhau Dahl Cattapan Lawton Hicks Fahey

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Casey Scorpions: 2 Scott Simpson - Engaging in rough conduct
Coburg Tigers: Nil

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #95 on: May 08, 2010, 05:09:52 PM »
See ya boys. This rabble will lose to GC. I have no doubt.

yep see ya then, dont come back when we get it together will you
listen. I've seen the tigers win a premiership & paid good money for many years. I've always lived in the hope of a resurrection. If I go and see some youngsters play and all I see is crap I think I deserve to say what I see. Don't ever disrerespect someone you don't know.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 05:17:15 PM by one-eyed »
The club that keeps giving.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #96 on: May 08, 2010, 05:16:18 PM »
wow, we are in a world of trouble.

Griffiths definately did his strapped shoulder, headbutted the ground in frustration when it happened. My guess is he wont play afl this year, which is a shame because he has good hands and runs very hard. Kicked the opening two goals from limited delivery. Could easily hold down a FF position in two years time if the shoulder holds together. Im being bias but i reckon he will have Jack Watts covered if he can stay on the park.

Mcguane had his knee iced at 3/4 time dont know how bad it was, he looked to be explaining it to foley but didnt seem to concerned. Didnt to alot. Good to see foley, cuz and kingy watching on.

Connors was the only AFL player out there with any intent, and he seemed realitively quiet.

Grahaem- Is not an AFL footballer at all, he was deplorable.

Post was finding ways not to get involved in the play, he has absolutely no confidence. none.

Morton gosh he played like a frustrated player that didnt want to be there.

At least in past weeks Coburg have been competitive and actually could have had a couple more wins given a couple  narrow loses they've had but today was simply a shocker and nothing positive to be taken out of it  :-\. All the all made worse with Griffiths injuring his shoulder again :(.

McGuane is okay apparently. People won't agree but I don't see he or Gourdis for that matter as part of our future. If you can't kick reliably or have too many brain fades then you are a liability out there.

Postie and Morton sound lost.

Hislop is a poor man's Jake King and that's saying something. Sadly a too common type Richmond has had over the past 30 years.

There's hardly any depth to put pressure on the guys in the seniors. We've got a long long way to go to fix the mess we're in but we knew that already. It doesn't help either that the Coburg has lost so many of their experienced players meanign their list is weak as well.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2010, 05:22:22 PM »

listen. I've seen the tigers win a premiership & paid good money for many years. I've always lived in the hope of a resurrection. If I go and see some youngsters play and all I see is crap I think I deserve to say what I see. Don't ever disrerespect someone you don't know.
settle , I didnt disrespect you & I guarantee Ive been a MEMBER & SUPPORTER longer than you

by the way I take offence @ your name calling,dont you think thats a tad childish
PM me if you want to take this further

yours lovingly Taz

Edit: edited quote
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 05:29:25 PM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #98 on: May 08, 2010, 05:28:29 PM »
FF says "Roberts was classy in patches. Anyone who says he's slow is kidding."

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: May 08, 2010, 05:36:49 PM »

nice editing !!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #100 on: May 08, 2010, 05:42:07 PM »
Back to the topic ppl.

2010 VFL Seniors

Casey Scorpions   3.5  9.8  13.11  18.17 (125)
Coburg Tigers      1.5  2.7    5.11    6.16 (52)

GOALS:
Casey Scorpions: Watts 4 Miller 3 Jetta 2 Morton  Gysberts  Wall  McNamara  Newton  McGough  Maric  Healey  Wylie
Coburg Tigers: Griffiths 2 Hislop  Kahlefeldt  Roberts  Jordon

BEST:
Casey Scorpions: Stockdale Watts Wall Jetta Gysberts Spencer
Coburg Tigers: Gourdis O'Rielly Connors Rayson Jordon Carnell

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Casey Scorpions: Nil
Coburg Tigers: Nil

https://reg.sportingpulse.com/olr_v3/rpt_progressive.cgi?aID=8&pg=1&a=MR_

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: May 08, 2010, 06:26:34 PM »
Griffiths definately did his strapped shoulder, headbutted the ground in frustration when it happened. My guess is he wont play afl this year, which is a shame because he has good hands and runs very hard. Kicked the opening two goals from limited delivery. Could easily hold down a FF position in two years time if the shoulder holds together.

A shame? It's a freakin disaster.
Sean Rusling, Andrew Walker anyone?
Once shoulders start to go they very rarely recover.
I am extremely concerned by Griffiths injury.

We've seen Judd recruited high with a dodgy shoulder. Weagles got lucky.
We've seen Selwood recruited high with a dodgy Knee. Cats got lucky.

Looks like we're not lucky. :'(

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2010, 06:35:32 PM »
we haven't got the lowdown on the injury yet have we, hopefully he's only stirred things up as opposed to popped it out or  damaged ligaments...we'll soon know...geez a big guy like that needs some commando training to learn how to break a fall.....are these guys professional or what :o
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #103 on: May 08, 2010, 07:12:47 PM »
It was a clash of arms as Griffiths tried to spoil running across in front. He was in a lot of pain and down for quite a while.   :(

Roberts is silky, has an impressive burst of speed and reads the ball off packs really well. Just doesn't get the ball enough atm. Might have had an issue with boot stops today because he lost his footing a lot. It was quite slippery but he seemed to fall more than others.

Hicks was lively in the last quarter of the reserves. I only saw the last few minutes of the 2nd quarter and then the 2nd half. Didn't spot much of him in the 3rd quarter.
I'm a Hicks fan, he has good skills and is a one grab / no fumbles type player. Quite small which makes it tough for him as he has a lot of competition and small players seem to be a dwindling percentage of AFL players.

I don't like zoning as a spectacle. Our zone was ripped apart by good footskills from Casey. When they got a break from the flooding we had players guarding space which left them with players free to pinpoint.
Bloody awful to watch but I have to admit it probably saved us early on from an eventual 20+ goal pounding because Casey were absolutely smashing yet only 4 or 5 goals up well into the 2nd quarter.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Tigermonk

« Reply #104 on: May 08, 2010, 08:07:16 PM »
think l covered everything in the past. If someone is busted  :banghead dont draft them because they add no ability to your playing list watching