Author Topic: Players being linked to Richmond - Rumours  (Read 81956 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Players being linked to Richmond - Rumours
« Reply #345 on: September 14, 2010, 12:01:07 AM »
I would take Mundy for Rance in a heartbeat, really let himself down this year IMO Rance. Would also take McKinley for Morton or Edwards (yes he had a good year but his currency has also improved).
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #346 on: September 14, 2010, 12:06:40 AM »
I would take Mundy for Rance in a heartbeat, really let himself down this year IMO Rance. Would also take McKinley for Morton or Edwards (yes he had a good year but his currency has also improved).
Mundy for Rance yes, but no way on that McKinley deal we would be getting massively screwed if we traded Morton (why would he go back to WCE anyway) or Edwards (winner of most improved at the club). McKinley had a great 2008 but has been on the decline since.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #347 on: September 14, 2010, 12:14:18 AM »
Mundy for Rance yes, but no way on that McKinley deal we would be getting massively screwed if we traded Morton (why would he go back to WCE anyway) or Edwards (winner of most improved at the club). McKinley had a great 2008 but has been on the decline since.

I think McKinley would go better in a better side, I believe we have a better side than the Eagles, better supply of the football into the forward line. Morton wouldn't have to go back to the Eagles, he could end up at another club via a three way deal. Did Morton really impress this year? Didn't he only play the last couple of games decently? Fair enough on Edwards.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #348 on: September 14, 2010, 01:27:50 AM »
Morton gunned it in the games that he played towards the end of the year.  Fremantle would never do Mundy for Rance.  That's ridiculous.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #349 on: September 14, 2010, 01:52:36 AM »
FREMANTLE is confident it has done enough to persuade star midfielder David Mundy to re-sign with the AFL club.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/dockers-to-repel-david-mundys-suitors/story-e6frf9jf-1225921284222

Several Essendon players -- including Brent Stanton, Leroy Jetta, David Myers and Alwyn Davey -- remain unsigned.

Bachar Houli's future at Essendon remains unclear. He is one of several players who feel their careers stagnated under former coach Matthew Knights.

Adelaide forward Chris Knights remains out of contract, with several clubs looking for an attacking goal-kicking midfielder, but he is likely to stay at the Crows.

Brisbane Lions may get a second-round draft pick for Justin Sherman.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/hawk-defender-campbell-brown-follows-the-sun/story-e6frf9jf-1225921633459

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #350 on: September 14, 2010, 02:03:51 AM »

I think McKinley would go better in a better side, I believe we have a better side than the Eagles, better supply of the football into the forward line. Morton wouldn't have to go back to the Eagles, he could end up at another club via a three way deal. Did Morton really impress this year? Didn't he only play the last couple of games decently? Fair enough on Edwards.
yeah his built him self into a mid fielder went alright in the couple of game at the end of the season the real test will come next year

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #351 on: September 14, 2010, 07:58:47 AM »

Did Morton really impress this year? Didn't he only play the last couple of games decently?

Need to take his whole season in context WAT.  Looked ordinary very early and went back to Coburg for an extended spell where he didn't appear to be setting the world on fire.  Most thought that his papers had been stamped under Hardwick but what wasn't known until his recall later in the season was that Morton had asked Hardwick for a crack at a midfield role and was subsequently being taught that role at Coburg.  Bit of learning curve for him, especially on the defensive aspects Hardwick wants, but to his credit he learned them and when he got his chance he really took it.  He was very impressive in the midfield when he returned and I would have strong doubts that he would be considered trade bait unless his name came up in 'the deal of the century'.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #352 on: September 14, 2010, 08:36:30 AM »
Trading Morton :lol

He will have a fantastic season next year.

gerkin greg

« Reply #353 on: September 14, 2010, 10:23:17 AM »
Would not be trading two of our more skilled players for fringe WCE players. Have you been living underground or something WAT?
McKinley worth 3rd rounder at best.
Mundy would be a huge upgrade on Tuck.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #354 on: September 14, 2010, 10:50:15 AM »
Mundy is a gun.
To secure him for Rance would be the trade coup of the century, but it ain't gonna happen.

Big no to trading Eddy or Morts. Strong seasons ahead for this duo.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #355 on: September 14, 2010, 11:43:03 AM »
maybe danog can verify this

but i heard mundy and lids are good mates, hope mundy tell freo he wants to come to us or he is leaving

would be a shame we lose him to the GC limp

tony_montana

« Reply #356 on: September 14, 2010, 12:05:01 PM »
Mundy is overated. Good solid player, his reputation is currently inflated and anyone getting him now would be paying overs for him. Pass

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #357 on: September 14, 2010, 12:11:07 PM »
Mundy won't go... freo are pretty confidant they will get Tarrant aswell
Do you even watch the news? Tarrant has already said publically that he's leaving. All reports are Mundy is pretty much gone too.

haha no i live in sydney man we dont get constant footy news back to front in a news papers and shows

AN freo says the will try there best too keep him on there website so i asume mundy won't go

Edited to correct quote
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 12:17:14 PM by WilliamPowell »

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #358 on: September 14, 2010, 03:30:17 PM »
More BF rumours. This guy claiming to be starting out in journalism......

Richmond - Tigers are eying youth and may consider offloading Richard Tambling for draft picks as they look to the future. Tom Lynch of the Saints appears to be a target for the Tigers who have (from my source) stepped up it's pursue for his services this week.

Other clubs:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19031682&postcount=1

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #359 on: September 14, 2010, 03:33:26 PM »
Tom Lynch of the Saints appears to be a target for the Tigers
Tom who ?
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos