Author Topic: Players being linked to Richmond - Rumours  (Read 81114 times)

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Players being linked to Richmond - Rumours
« Reply #585 on: September 28, 2010, 10:18:26 PM »
yes he will if he stays

million to one he will become a star.
Reckon Hardwick has worked out already that he isnt up to it

Then we might as well get a player who will!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #586 on: September 29, 2010, 02:42:20 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #587 on: September 29, 2010, 07:16:19 PM »
WEST Coast midfielder Matt Rosa has re-signed with the club.

West Coast is likely to be active in trade week, with youngsters Ben McKinley and Matt Spangher both having asked for trades.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/103427/default.aspx

Some idiotic Eagles fan on BF had us as a "done deal" swapping Tambling for McKinley and Spangher  ::).

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #588 on: September 29, 2010, 08:37:09 PM »
Vezpremi doesn't sound like what we need, 11 games in 3 years looks like epic fail for me especially if younger blokes are jumping him. 
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #589 on: September 29, 2010, 08:41:44 PM »
Vezpremi doesn't sound like what we need, 11 games in 3 years looks like epic fail for me especially if younger blokes are jumping him. 

And especially if the Swans don't rate him.  They are good judges and rarely, if ever, trade a good 'un.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #590 on: September 29, 2010, 09:29:23 PM »

Some idiotic Eagles fan on BF had us as a "done deal" swapping Tambling for McKinley and Spangher  ::).

I read that McKinley is off to Carlton, but not sure what in exchange for.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #591 on: September 29, 2010, 09:43:17 PM »
Was Pick 11 in 2007 between Dangerfield & Cyril Rioli, so he was a very highly rated junior. If we could get him for not much it could be worth a shot.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #592 on: September 29, 2010, 09:50:56 PM »
Was Pick 11 in 2007 between Dangerfield & Cyril Rioli, so he was a very highly rated junior. If we could get him for not much it could be worth a shot.

The biggest question is, The Infamy ,Joffa deal, direct swap. Tiges should take it with open arms. To offload a dud for an imbecile is a great trade ;)

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #593 on: September 29, 2010, 10:26:02 PM »
Vespremi was an absolute gun junior footballer. Bit of puppy fat but he was very very highly rated.
Go Tigers!

tony_montana

« Reply #594 on: September 29, 2010, 11:26:02 PM »
Vespremi was an absolute gun junior footballer. Bit of puppy fat but he was very very highly rated.

Pretty sure i saw a fair bit of him as a junior in the yarra league if i'm not mistaken. Used to watch my younger cousin run around from under 10's through to 17's and he and Vez were always neck and neck for best player in the Yarra league. Was a very smooth mover even from young, whereas my cousin was more explosive and powerful. OT a bit but my cuz to this day is the biggest athletic freak with good skills to never play afl. Kicks 50 with both feet, 185cm, 94kg,  20metre sprint in 2.76, standing vertical leap of 77cm, can max bench press 170kgs, was consistently top 5 in nationals shot put, 100metre sprint at 10.8secs when he was 16 - is a freak, but has a low tolerance for pushing himself beyond limits - a byproduct of being so far advanced of fellow kids in his junior days due to being bigger stronger physically. Once they caught up around 16, 17yrs old, they pushed on with hard work but he didnt have that work ethic and while his natural talent was enough to get him to Oakleigh charges and western jets, it wasnt enough to push him into the upper echelon. He's now 21 and i still shake my head at his attitude.

Yeah Vez can play but not sure his eadspace is right for afl, Roos is a smart operator, if he cant get the best out of that talent , doubt we could..

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #595 on: September 29, 2010, 11:28:02 PM »

Pretty sure i saw a fair bit of him as a junior in the yarra league if i'm not mistaken. Used to watch my younger cousin run around from under 10's through to 17's and he and Vez were always neck and neck for best player in the Yarra league. Was a very smooth mover even from young, whereas my cousin was more explosive and powerful. OT a bit but my cuz to this day is the biggest athletic freak with good skills to never play afl. Kicks 50 with both feet, 185cm, 94kg,  20metre sprint in 2.76, standing vertical leap of 77cm, can max bench press 170kgs, was consistently top 5 in nationals shot put, 100metre sprint at 10.8secs when he was 16 - is a freak, but has a low tolerance for pushing himself beyond limits - a byproduct of being so far advanced of fellow kids in his junior days due to being bigger stronger physically. Once they caught up around 16, 17yrs old, they pushed on with hard work but he didnt have that work ethic and while his natural talent was enough to get him to Oakleigh charges and western jets, it wasnt enough to push him into the upper echelon. He's now 21 and i still shake my head at his attitude.

Yeah Vez can play but not sure his eadspace is right for afl, Roos is a smart operator, if he cant get the best out of that talent , doubt we could..

Pretty good call about Roos tony, get your cousin down to pre season lol!
Go Tigers!

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #596 on: September 29, 2010, 11:31:21 PM »
Get roos as director of football ..

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #597 on: September 30, 2010, 12:21:07 AM »
Vez has had a fair amount of injuries at Sydney that's stopped him from playing also
If he can get his body right we could land a bargain with him, could be a complete bust too, but if we can trade Polo and a late pick then it may be worth it

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #598 on: September 30, 2010, 04:22:26 AM »
Patrick Veszpremi is the latest name linked to the Western Bulldogs as the club sets its sights on several ready-made recruits.

Veszpremi joins Brisbane Lion Justin Sherman, Carlton's Andrew Walker and Geelong's Nathan Djerrkura on the Dogs' list of possibles heading into next week's trade period.

David Hale continues to attract strong interest. Melbourne is known to be a frontrunner, but there was speculation yesterday that Essendon may be warming to the idea of making a play for him. Hale, who has also attracted some interest from Hawthorn, has a two-year $800,000 deal remaining on his current contract at Arden Street

Recently retired Melbourne captain James McDonald, who turns 34 next week, is poised to be snapped up in the draft by Carlton, which has a keen interest in the veteran to prop up its midfield for another season.

Carlton will try to attract contracted Western Bulldogs defender Andrejs Everitt, but not in a straight swap for Andrew Walker, who appears more likely to be traded to the Bulldogs, rather than Adelaide, which has also shown strong interest in him.

The Kangaroos, who are also preparing to trade out Gavin Urquhart, are more interested in obtaining additional draft selections

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad-application/dogs-sniffing-deals/story-fn6bn647-1225932003341
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/carlton-is-circling-james-mcdonald-who-has-a-bit-of-run-left-in-those-ageing-legs/story-e6frg7mf-1225932025273
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 04:38:45 AM by one-eyed »

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #599 on: September 30, 2010, 12:02:14 PM »
Swann said ruckman Sam Jacobs was likely to head to Adelaide but Andrew Walker and Shaun Grigg, also floated as likely trades, could both still be at Carlton next season.

"Sammy's the only one so far who has categorically said he wants to get out.

"He wants to go back to Adelaide so we'll see what happens there, but unless we get what we want it won't happen."

He said Walker was considering his options but would stay put unless he found a better offer, while the Blues were "hopefully pretty close" to a deal to keep Grigg.

The Blues had given up hope of recruiting Jared Brennan, with Swann saying the former Lion was headed to the Gold Coast.

Swann said the Blues had no interest in Tigers Richard Tambling and Will Thursfield.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/carlton-may-talk-james-mcdonald-out-of-retirement/story-e6frf9jf-1225932184327?from=public_rss
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do