Author Topic: Wallace's list management review of the Tigers  (Read 4741 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Wallace's list management review of the Tigers
« on: June 27, 2010, 12:31:28 PM »
Coming up after the ad break on Ch 9's TAC Future Stars with Hutchy, Sheehan and Dixon.

ps. Yes I know!  ;D
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 12:52:01 PM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Wallace's list management review of the Tigers
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 12:44:22 PM »
Started with reminding everyone about his 2011 statement 18 months ago and that he got canned for. So he didn't think we were in such a bad state as everyone said we were at the beginning of the year.

He felt that the squad wasn't going to move forward until our young players gained ownership of the team which wasn't likely to occur until the older players moved on.

Positives of list now

* Age of squad - Most between 18-24.  2-3 years away from maturing

* Quality midfield base for the future - a couple of young ruckman coming on and genuine quality mids - Cotch, Martin, Foley

* Genuine stars at both ends - Jack at FF and Lids at HB (fantastic move by Dimma and AA form. Becoming a A-grader).

We've got enough mids to take Lids out of the midfield to HB. Dimma coming from Hawthorn obviously using Lids in that Luke Hodge-type role.

Would keep Cuz next year - experience and education for youngsters.

Tigers to look out for in the future:
* Rance - at the moment a question on where's he going to play. Sets standards at training. Dixon asked if he could become a tagger as Ling did (Ling was a junior FF who became a midfield tagger) and Plough said yes. Club needs to find out where to play him.

* Plough wouldn't go out and draft any more tall defenders and just stick with our athletic defenders McGaune, Moore and Thursty for now. Post and Rance to becme our bigger body defenders in time.

* Morton - needs to work harder. Push up the ground

* Griffiths and Astbury will be vital. One needs to stand up as you don't want to be going back into the draft for KP forwards. Both standing will be a bonus.

Needs:

1. Class wingers - Need another Lids. Dal Santo, Montagna type. We've got enough inside mids.

2. Backline kicker - another Newman who only has 3-4 years left.

Kids that Richmond will look at:.

* All around the 187cm tall mark who play inside/outside

* Kevin Sheehan reckons we'll finish with pick 8-10 so obviously thinks we'll finish above the Eagles and Crows.

1. Shaun ATLEY 13-Sep-92 187 82 Murray/Wodonga Bulldogs
X-factor is his step and pace. Have opponents left reaching to grab his jumper. BOG against WA at Subi for Vic C. Exceptional vision and awareness. Strong athletically.

others.....

2. Jayden PITT 07-Oct-92 187 70 Geelong/St Albans

3. Jared POLEC 12 Oct 92 188 77 Woodville West Torrens/Seaton Ramblers
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 01:21:07 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 01:04:26 PM »
Started with reminding everyone about his 2011 statement so he didn't think we were in such a bad state as everyone said we were at the beginning of the year.

Positives of list now

* Quality midfield base for the future - a couple of young ruckman coming on and genuine quality mids - Cotch, Martin, Foley

* Genuine stars at both ends - Jack at FF and Lids at HB (fantastic move by Dimma and AA form. Becoming a A-grader).

We've got enough mids to take Lids out of the midfield to HB.

* Rance - at the moment where's he goung to play. Sets standards at training. Dixon asked if he could become a tagger and Plough said yes. Club needs to find out where to play him.

* Plough wouldn't go out and draft any more tall defenders and stick to our athletic defenders. Post and Rance to becme ou r bigger body defenders in time.

* Morton - needs to work harder.

* Griffiths and Astbury will be vital. One needs to stand up as you don't want to be going back into the draft for KP forwards. Both standing will be a bonus.

Needs:

1. Class wingers - Need another Lids. Dal Santo, Montagna type. We've got enough inside mids.

* Kevin Sheehan reckons we'll finish with pick 8-10 so obviously thinks we'll finish above the Eagles and Crows.

X-factor is his step and pace. BOG against WA at Subi for Vic C. Exceptional vision and awareness. Strong athletically.

others.....

Thankyou OE

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 01:09:15 PM »
Asking Terry Wallace to assess our list in 2010 is a bit like asking Hitler in 1946 how he would go about re-building Eastern Europe ;D

Gigantor

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 01:17:40 PM »
Yep i reckon Adolph did need more talls in key positions.De listing Rommel early on was a huge mistake and the draft picks he got were squandered on the Russian front.
Predicting the 1000 year Reich also didnt go according to plan akin like terrys 2011 prediction.
Although there is a striking resemblnce between Albert speers monstrous monuments and whats being erected at Punt road at the mommnet

Ramps

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 01:35:15 PM »
Started with reminding everyone about his 2011 statement 18 months ago and that he got canned for. So he didn't think we were in such a bad state as everyone said we were at the beginning of the year.

He felt that the squad wasn't going to move forward until our young players gained ownership of the team which wasn't likely to occur until the older players moved on.

Positives of list now

We've got enough mids to take Lids out of the midfield to HB. Dimma coming from Hawthorn obviously using Lids in that Luke Hodge-type role.

* Rance - at the moment a question on where's he going to play. Sets standards at training. Dixon asked if he could become a tagger as Ling did (Ling was a junior FF who became a midfield tagger) and Plough said yes. Club needs to find out where to play him.

* Plough wouldn't go out and draft any more tall defenders and just stick with our athletic defenders McGaune, Moore and Thursty for now. Post and Rance to becme our bigger body defenders in time.

* Morton - needs to work harder. Push up the ground

Needs:

X-factor is his step and pace. Have opponents left reaching to grab his jumper. BOG against WA at Subi for Vic C. Exceptional vision and awareness. Strong athletically.

others.....

LOL about most of what he said -especially the stuff about what he said about the state of list that he left etc etc. Didnt Dimma have to make 14 changes first up? Or do I remember that wrong! Hardwick will probably have to make another 10 changes to clear out once and for all the cloggers that Wallace left behind.

I agree that Atley does seem to be one that could help us for what we need and he seems to have moved in front of Jacobs and afew others that were at the same level. I disagree that we shouldnt draft a key defender, I wouldnt be trusting our current 3 when we reach finals. Rance as a tagger could work and should be tried.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 01:53:59 PM »
lmao at terry patting himself on the back talking up how we r developing nicely thanx to him as it all started 18 months ago

what a total stuffhead wallet is

and the bastard was going on how our 2 most exciteable prospects are post and rance what a toss, martin and friffiths are by a mile, martin for reasons we know , and griffiths will be a gun

oh yeah but wallet didnt recruit them lol, but his recruits in post and rance cant even get a game lol

Ramps

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 01:59:34 PM »
I would like to see Rance tried as a tagger before we fling him

TigerTimeII

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 02:12:58 PM »

he has been tried as a tagger already

Ramps

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 03:55:28 PM »

I must have missed it. Hes been a disappointing player IMHO. I expected him to have done much better than what he has done and what he has shown so far.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 04:53:08 PM »

I must have missed it. Hes been a disappointing player IMHO. I expected him to have done much better than what he has done and what he has shown so far.

agree  he has been a dissppointment

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 05:06:13 PM »
When and who did he tag?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

TigerTimeII

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 05:22:09 PM »
he played as a tagger v sydney, and 2 other games, he even mentioned it on the show today as he was a guest on there, said he has had roles this yr fwd back and run with, he prefers playing back

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 05:57:08 PM »
187cm outside mid..

Bit like Jon ?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond