Author Topic: 2011 Membership - "The Tiger is Stirring" [merged]  (Read 125693 times)

tony_montana

Re: 2011 Membership - "The Tiger is Stirring" [merged]
« Reply #645 on: May 03, 2011, 09:48:33 PM »
All memberships are ticketed this year.

Not according to the membership chat at the offical site. I asked if any of the total figure were non ticketed and if so how many and he said 6,000. But I bet you my life the Pies, Hawks and Bombers add 3 games to all these memberships and count them as ticketed. It seems stupid not to do this really

I am sure that we have done this with membership packages like tiger insider for the very reason you're talking about - B.Gale said so himself somewhere along the lines so not sure they gave you the correct information

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #646 on: May 03, 2011, 09:56:11 PM »
All memberships are ticketed this year.

Not according to the membership chat at the offical site. I asked if any of the total figure were non ticketed and if so how many and he said 6,000. But I bet you my life the Pies, Hawks and Bombers add 3 games to all these memberships and count them as ticketed. It seems stupid not to do this really

I am sure that we have done this with membership packages like tiger insider for the very reason you're talking about - B.Gale said so himself somewhere along the lines so not sure they gave you the correct information

Hope they didn't  ;D

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #647 on: May 03, 2011, 10:00:18 PM »
Here's what was said in the chat:

Comment From Membership MonsterMembership Monster: ]
If we can win 4 games by midseason, I'd say 50,000 is a chance with 3 game memberships selling well. Of the current 43,500 members we have, how many you think are ticketed?  

Cain Liddle:  Around 37,000 are ticketed members and rest assured irrespective of how many games we have won or lost the membership department will leave no stone unturned when it comes to signing as many members as possible.  

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #648 on: May 04, 2011, 11:47:04 AM »
Membership tally - 04/05/2011

9,806 of them are new members.

tony_montana

« Reply #649 on: May 04, 2011, 11:54:59 AM »
Carlton and Essendon are aggressively pushing their 3 game memberships to bump up their numbers

come on tiges, dont rest on your laurels, try and creat a buzz to get our numbers up.

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #650 on: May 04, 2011, 11:57:29 AM »
Membership tally - 04/05/2011

9,806 of them are new members.

we have been averaging more than required lately to get to 50,000. We are bang on target and a win this week will give us a huge chance of this  8)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #651 on: May 04, 2011, 01:50:51 PM »
Membership tally - 29/04/2011

9,626 of them are new members.
400 more members than before the last game is good. Even if we could attract supporters to purchase a 3 game for $80 it would give em a taste of how the boys have been playing, and most importantly fill more seats for the yellow and black.  ;)

The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #652 on: May 04, 2011, 02:06:52 PM »
How many members did we get between this time last year and the final tally?

We only won 1 game from the first 11 games. Sales will be alot better this year during the first half of the season
Not sure if that is really the case to be honest, certainly no evidence I've seen other than blind faith
Our memberships hardly rocketed up to massive levels in 2001 when we were playing so well
Essendon's memberships were going strong when they were going well in the NAB Cup but they haven't pulled ahead of us even with their great start to the season.

you'll notice we usually catch the bombers after xmas. This year we haven't because they have done well since the start of nab. How can you possibly not think winning half a dozen games by midseason won't get more members that winning just 1 game by midseason? It's common sense ;)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #653 on: May 04, 2011, 03:50:48 PM »

We only won 1 game from the first 11 games. Sales will be alot better this year during the first half of the season
Not sure if that is really the case to be honest, certainly no evidence I've seen other than blind faith
Our memberships hardly rocketed up to massive levels in 2001 when we were playing so well
Essendon's memberships were going strong when they were going well in the NAB Cup but they haven't pulled ahead of us even with their great start to the season.

you'll notice we usually catch the bombers after xmas. This year we haven't because they have done well since the start of nab. How can you possibly not think winning half a dozen games by midseason won't get more members that winning just 1 game by midseason? It's common sense ;)
Problem is if we don't win half a dozen games by midseason you will still believe this is the case.
There are not thousands of members sitting on the sidelines just waiting for us to get to 5-6 wins before they get a membership, they will only come out of the woodwork in their masses when we are showing signs of either repeat finals series or pushing for the Top 4.
You have absolutely no evidence to support your theory other than you just believe it, it's not common sense because it just doesn't happen like that

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #654 on: May 04, 2011, 04:15:33 PM »

Problem is if we don't win half a dozen games by midseason you will still believe this is the case.
There are not thousands of members sitting on the sidelines just waiting for us to get to 5-6 wins before they get a membership, they will only come out of the woodwork in their masses when we are showing signs of either repeat finals series or pushing for the Top 4.
You have absolutely no evidence to support your theory other than you just believe it, it's not common sense because it just doesn't happen like that

well if you compare the round 1 figures of 2009 and 2011 and the round 7 figures of these years you'll notice we have caught up on the back of 2 wins and a draw. We haven't just caught up, but we'll surge ahead of the 2009 figure

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #655 on: May 04, 2011, 05:45:17 PM »
The RFC website has a new banner promoting that we are not far away from the all time (2009) membership record...

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #656 on: May 04, 2011, 05:49:26 PM »
I still think 50K should be the aim.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #657 on: May 04, 2011, 06:51:33 PM »

well if you compare the round 1 figures of 2009 and 2011 and the round 7 figures of these years you'll notice we have caught up on the back of 2 wins and a draw. We haven't just caught up, but we'll surge ahead of the 2009 figure
2009 was an anomoly year due to 5000 members signing up from Ben Cousin's arrival. I'd hardly use that as evidence.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tiger membership record under siege (RFC)
« Reply #658 on: May 04, 2011, 06:56:20 PM »
Tiger membership record under siege
richmondfc.com.au
5:53 PM Wed 04 May, 2011

Richmond is on the verge of breaking its all-time membership record.

As of close of business yesterday (Tuesday, May 3), the Tigers had 45,530 members, and were closing in fast on their record total of 46,202, which was set in 2009.

This is a significant achievement by the Club on the path to its long-term membership target of 75,000 by 2014.

The Tigers’ bold “Operation 10,000” campaign has played a significant role in the record membership numbers.  Operation 10,000’s ambitious goal was to sign 10,000 new Tiger members in 2011.  To put that in perspective, 10,000 new members represented a staggering 250% growth in new members from 2010 to 2011.

“We realised that to achieve our goal of 46,202 members in 2011, we had to aggressively market to supporters of the Club, who were not members in 2010,” said Richmond’s General Manager of Membership & Consumer Strategy, Cain Liddle.

Full article at:
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/113074/default.aspx

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #659 on: May 04, 2011, 07:09:17 PM »
2009 was an anomoly year due to 5000 members signing up from Ben Cousin's arrival. I'd hardly use that as evidence.

Wins=more members. There's nothing else i can say. So obvious it's not funny and you're so stubborn it's hilarious  ;D