Author Topic: Reece Conca [merged]  (Read 464642 times)

Offline Crazy_Ivan

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Salary cap squeeze at Tigerland makes Reece Conca offer difficult (H-Sun)
« Reply #765 on: August 15, 2013, 10:49:41 AM »
Geelong players agreed to have their contracts shaved in order to keep the side together . I hope the club takes this same tack. Are you there: Cotch/Lids/Jack8)

Took well under what his worth not sure why you included him
Yeahright.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #766 on: August 15, 2013, 10:51:33 AM »
Geelong players agreed to have their contracts shaved in order to keep the side together . I hope the club takes this same tack. Are you there: Cotch/Lids/Jack8)

Yeahright.

Comedy genius  :clapping

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #767 on: August 15, 2013, 11:01:20 AM »
Ralphy snorting crayons now. Eating them wasn't enough.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #768 on: August 15, 2013, 11:10:55 AM »

So too did Lids
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Rampstar

« Reply #769 on: August 15, 2013, 11:39:05 AM »
Player managers spend too much time trying to get every cent they can when they should be spending more time finding good investments for their clients. A person can take less but earn more if they invest their money properly a person can also earn heaps but pee it up the wall if they make bad investments. The players and their managers should be spending more time working on how to invest their money rather than worrying about getting an extra dollars now. They should also understand that successful Richmond players usually do really well after football - because often the supporters will support their business ventures by becoming customers or clients of their business interests.

dwaino

« Reply #770 on: August 15, 2013, 12:50:54 PM »
How the stuff can this side at this stage of their development have salary cap pressure?

Either the crayon muncher is full of crapola, or we are screwed in a couple of years as more youngsters become worth more money.

This is what has had me stuffed since the start.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #771 on: August 15, 2013, 01:17:09 PM »
Great post on PRE from a bloke who was a function this morning that GM spoke at.

Dusty and Reece will be signed shortly...

I listened to Dimma with KB this morning, it seems we are leaving scope to entice players over to bolster our playing roster...

Rampstar

« Reply #772 on: August 15, 2013, 01:24:55 PM »
Great post on PRE from a bloke who was a function this morning that GM spoke at.

I listened to Dimma with KB this morning, it seems we are leaving scope to entice players over to bolster our playing roster...

From what I know this has always been the case. We dont have salary cap issues as it stands. I heard the club has enough room in the salary cap to bring in one or two players who could help us improve further. The whole issue is about having enough room in the salary cap to bring in those players.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #773 on: August 15, 2013, 01:33:39 PM »

From what I know this has always been the case. We dont have salary cap issues as it stands. I heard the club has enough room in the salary cap to bring in one or two players who could help us improve further. The whole issue is about having enough room in the salary cap to bring in those players.

Thank you  :clapping :clapping

Ruanaidh

« Reply #774 on: August 15, 2013, 02:43:50 PM »

Thank you  :clapping :clapping
Ditto

gerkin greg

« Reply #775 on: August 15, 2013, 02:58:27 PM »

also wasn't part of the FTF for front loading a lot of contract payments to open up even more cap space in the future?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #776 on: August 15, 2013, 03:03:20 PM »

also wasn't part of the FTF for front loading a lot of contract payments to open up even more cap space in the future?

yes sir Mr Gerkin, front load contracts to enable us to be aggressive in FA in particular

tony_montana

« Reply #777 on: August 15, 2013, 04:10:11 PM »
beat up - Ralphys way off

Ruanaidh

« Reply #778 on: August 15, 2013, 04:23:33 PM »

I agree, but, it could be a case of needing to tighten even further. Only the club knows.

Rampstar

« Reply #779 on: August 15, 2013, 05:04:23 PM »
Our administration has become a very professional bunch. The aim is to win a flag we havent got the players to do that yet (although anything is possible) Conca and Martin should do the right thing, they have been offered fair contracts, the club needs the room to bring in the players we need to get closer to a flag winning team. What Conca and Martin have to decide is whether they just want money or do they want Premierships and still be on a good wicket. Now moneys important but players want Premiership medallions, thats why they should accept the contracts offered and if they achieve premiership player status they will be rewarded anyways.