Author Topic: Reece Conca [merged]  (Read 433296 times)

tony_montana

Re: Freo offering Conca a 4-year deal (Age)
« Reply #960 on: September 18, 2013, 10:37:37 PM »
theres a real chance we will lose two of our more highly rated young mids. 

And there's a real chance we won't

So until we do and we get through FA and trade I think it's worth taking a depth breath and waiting to see what happens

Beside I think it's fair to say that some of us view our list depth as being in slightly better shape than you do claw  :thumbsup
just coming from a worst case scenario point of view wp . every day the  martin and conca conflict  drags on the  more and more likely it seems that is what will happen. surely we have to look at it from the lowest point  as suppporters and god forbid as a club

if the club  are not looking at ways to make a real negative into a win they are not arent doing their  job.

and yes i reralise most on here rate the players and list greater than i do hence most of the run ins i have. have to say to date my assesments have never been far off the mark.

gotta ask ya wp without tuck martin and conca do we have enough quality midfs and decent depth in that area. simple answer is a resounding no we were light on this yr and have been blessed with no injuries.it was an area that had to be built on even if we keep those mentioned.
our club recognised this they were after adams even before the contract problems.

im sure the club has already planned for any number of scenarios.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #961 on: September 18, 2013, 10:45:04 PM »

So until we do and we get through FA and trade I think it's worth taking a depth breath and waiting to see what happens

Beside I think it's fair to say that some of us view our list depth as being in slightly better shape than you do claw  :thumbsup
just coming from a worst case scenario point of view wp . every day the  martin and conca conflict  drags on the  more and more likely it seems that is what will happen. surely we have to look at it from the lowest point  as suppporters and god forbid as a club

if the club  are not looking at ways to make a real negative into a win they are not arent doing their  job.

and yes i reralise most on here rate the players and list greater than i do hence most of the run ins i have. have to say to date my assesments have never been far off the mark.

gotta ask ya wp without tuck martin and conca do we have enough quality midfs and decent depth in that area. simple answer is a resounding no we were light on this yr and have been blessed with no injuries.it was an area that had to be built on even if we keep those mentioned.
our club recognised this they were after adams even before the contract problems.

have they TM. really?

I have no faith in anything they are doing at the moment.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline westerntiger

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Reece Conca contract talks thread [merged]
« Reply #962 on: September 18, 2013, 10:47:06 PM »

tony_montana

« Reply #963 on: September 18, 2013, 10:49:19 PM »

have they TM. really?

I have no faith in anything they are doing at the moment.

Im comfortable waiting to see how it pans out before we start thinking doom and gloom. We've done a lot right in recent times, I'm not losing faith in the clubs ability to make sure this works out well for us.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #964 on: September 18, 2013, 10:51:23 PM »
Articles like http://www.live-news.com.au/news/richmond-confident-it-will-retain-dustin-martin-and-reece-conca-1165379.html
and http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/salary-cap-squeeze-at-tigerland-makes-it-difficult-for-club-to-increase-two-year-offer-to-reece-conca/story-fni5f9jb-1226697356651
or is all of this journalistic lies?

Well we haven't lost either of them yet. Time will tell.

And I totally believe we have no cap issues ATM. This too will be clarified later if/when we chase a juicy free agent or two, which I think is the case. We can't possibly be hitting the cap yet.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #965 on: September 19, 2013, 01:52:31 AM »
Surely if Martin is going then there would be more money to pay Conca without breaching the salary cap?

Where did you come up with the idea we are anywhere near breaching the salary cap?  :-\

The numerous journo's saying we are why do people keep asking :banghead :banghead

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #966 on: September 19, 2013, 03:20:05 AM »
Richo reckons Conca will be at the club, according to the Talking Tigers podcast!
Yep, Richo said he ran into Reece at the club this week and had a bit of a chat with him.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2013-09-18/talking-tigers-2013-postfinal

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #967 on: September 19, 2013, 07:07:29 AM »
Surely if Martin is going then there would be more money to pay Conca without breaching the salary cap?

Where did you come up with the idea we are anywhere near breaching the salary cap?  :-\

Articles like http://www.live-news.com.au/news/richmond-confident-it-will-retain-dustin-martin-and-reece-conca-1165379.html
and http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/salary-cap-squeeze-at-tigerland-makes-it-difficult-for-club-to-increase-two-year-offer-to-reece-conca/story-fni5f9jb-1226697356651
or is all of this journalistic lies?

Again a massive difference between having a tight Salary cap and being about to breach it? Huge difference

Plus if we were so close to "breaching" the cap why would we have offered Martin & Conca and other players contracts all at the same time?

We are not about to breach the salary cap and if we were the AFL would be living at the club checking off every contract and offer

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #968 on: September 19, 2013, 07:27:40 AM »

surely they are doing nothing but sitting in a dark room bemoaning how bad things are like some over reactive, woe is me, intenet nuffer?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #969 on: September 19, 2013, 09:10:48 AM »
His had  how many months to sign

If he was fair dinkum about playing for our club he would've signed and hasn't

As I said good riddons never rated him as a top pick and still don't. Would be happy to trade him out

The word is "riddance"  FFS not "riddons".

:cheers
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #970 on: September 19, 2013, 09:24:16 AM »
I have to say to date my assesments have never been far off the mark.

lol , according to you ! Persoanlly I'd say they've been a million miles from the mark.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

gerkin greg

« Reply #971 on: September 19, 2013, 11:52:25 AM »
So he signed yeah?

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #972 on: September 19, 2013, 12:06:29 PM »
worrying about the Salary cap lol

They aint even done the chop chop yet & still talking contracts to player managers. They have applied to the AFL for help which all clubs do anyway. got to beg from them considering the Salary cap is not a even field among interstate clubs & AFL supported clubs. They would have room to fit players in. just they not paying players stupid contracts they asking cause non of them are worth that much.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #973 on: September 19, 2013, 04:19:31 PM »
SEN earlier were claiming the Conca deal had been done for him to stay a tiger and it was to be announced today yet still no news yet? 

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #974 on: September 19, 2013, 04:43:19 PM »
Chris Riches ‏@chris8875 twitter:

"Reece Conca signs at @Richmond_FC for three years is what I am hearing - have we confirmation? Hope its true. #ConcaCuddlesForAll #Richmond"