Author Topic: Reece Conca [merged]  (Read 421124 times)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Re: Pick 6. Reece Conca
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2010, 09:30:51 AM »
I can't wait for the headlines in his first BOG effort for us... "Reece Conca's all!"  :thumbsup

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2010, 09:50:19 AM »

Re: Tigers came, saw, Conca-d (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2010, 11:58:18 AM »
Tigers came, saw, Conca-d

* Jay Clark
    * November 18, 2010 9:34PM

But there was a hiccup. Yesterday morning a hacker uploaded a profile of Conca and linked to Richmond's website. While it was a touch embarrassing for the club, it was something of a nice surprise for its latest star draft choice.

"It was only about half an hour before the drafted started, I was pretty excited to have that come up because it gave me a little bit of time to know you were definitely going to the club, he said. "It took a little bit of the nerves out of it."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/tigers-came-saw-conca-d/story-e6frf9jf-1225955964046

Spin??

:shh

Ramps

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2010, 12:15:25 PM »

* Jay Clark

But there was a hiccup. Yesterday morning a hacker uploaded a profile of Conca and linked to Richmond's website. While it was a touch embarrassing for the club, it was something of a nice surprise for its latest star draft choice.

"It was only about half an hour before the drafted started, I was pretty excited to have that come up because it gave me a little bit of time to know you were definitely going to the club, he said. "It took a little bit of the nerves out of it."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/tigers-came-saw-conca-d/story-e6frf9jf-1225955964046

Spin??

Not Spin

Spin and a half is more correct!

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2010, 12:17:50 PM »

* Jay Clark

Spin??

Ummm....yeah!! What a heap of clap trap! If a hacker was going to do the dirty on our site they would have been far more creative than just adding a potential draftee to the site. Gimme a break!! What do they take us for, idiots?? The Clubs Web designer stuffed up. I work with CMS every day and as you are working with live pages, its actually really easy to stuff up if you click the wrong button.  Next thing they will do is probably use the old "Hoax Virus attack" chestnut.

I actually head a funny thing the other day where a senior IT Guy told a junior IT person to cover his stuff up with a Hoax virus attack. When the junior questioned his suggestion, the senior IT guy said..."I always use that excuse. How do you think I made it to 30 years in IT??"   :lol

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2010, 01:53:07 PM »

* Jay Clark

Spin??

Ummm....yeah!! What a heap of clap trap! If a hacker was going to do the dirty on our site they would have been far more creative than just adding a potential draftee to the site. Gimme a break!! What do they take us for, idiots?? The Clubs Web designer stuffed up. I work with CMS every day and as you are working with live pages, its actually really easy to stuff up if you click the wrong button.  Next thing they will do is probably use the old "Hoax Virus attack" chestnut.

I actually head a funny thing the other day where a senior IT Guy told a junior IT person to cover his stuff up with a Hoax virus attack. When the junior questioned his suggestion, the senior IT guy said..."I always use that excuse. How do you think I made it to 30 years in IT??"   :lol
Totally agree a hacker would have done alot worse

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2010, 02:54:36 PM »
Pretty impressive highlights package. Clean hands , good skills , seems to choose the right option each time , nice evasive skills and also went back with the flight a few times and didn't flinch. I like it  :thumbsup
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2010, 03:53:18 PM »

Spin??

Nah it's a misquote. It was supposed to read Yesterday morning a hack uploaded a profile of Conca and linked to Richmond's website.

:rollin

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2010, 04:04:55 PM »

Spin??

Nah it's a misquote. It was supposed to read Yesterday morning a hack uploaded a profile of Conca and linked to Richmond's website.

:rollin

Thought Caro was on the GC covering the draft.  Maybe she caught a late flight up.   ;)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2010, 04:05:54 PM »

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2010, 04:21:02 PM »
Seems like a really nice kid with a brain between his ears. Really looking forward to see him play his first game. Also from the footage I've seen he appears to have a really good core strength like Dusty.

Con65

« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2010, 04:34:31 PM »
Fiora anyone?

That has to be the most silliest 2 words someone has posted on here for a while.

You have never even seen the kid run out onto the park wearing a Tigers jumper and you make that silly comment.

I bet you were the kid at xmas time that after you opened your presents and saw you had a new shinny bike, brand new helmet, new playstation and a $100 voucher at JB Hi-Fi turned around and said - but where is my baseball mit.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2010, 04:57:39 PM »
Cartman lol, wheres my red mega Mechaman a-sshole???
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2010, 07:42:34 PM »
According to this article;
http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2010/11/18/tigers-get-a-demon/

Essendon were to take conca at 8 if we didn't.

The Tigers and Essendon established strong interest in the hard-running on-baller with the Bombers also expected to take Conca had he been available for their first choice at number eight.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2010, 11:15:54 PM »
10 things about Reece
richmondfc.com.au
5:27 PM Fri 19 Nov, 2010

1. He is of Italian descent.

2. He has a twin sister, Cassie.

3. He towers over the rest of his immediate family - Cassie, elder brother Luke, mum Gina, and dad Loui, who are all between 160cm-170cm tall.

4. His grandparents run Conca’s Family Restaurant in Perth, where the specialty of the house is chilli mussels.

5. He made his WAFL colts debut with Perth Football Club as a 15-year-old.

6. He played about 60 games of football combined in the 2008 season, for his school team, Trinity College, his junior club, Victoria Park, and Perth.

7. He was vice-captain of the WA team at this year’s under-18 National Championships.

8. He grew up barracking for the Sydney Swans and idolised their courageous captain, Paul Kelly.

9. He wore guernsey No. 16 in senior ranks with Perth this year.

10. He joins a proud band of redheads at Tigerland.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/105458/default.aspx