Author Topic: Reece Conca [merged]  (Read 431996 times)

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
Re: Reece Conca [merged]
« Reply #195 on: May 01, 2011, 09:32:01 AM »
Reece deserves a rising star nomination but this week will probably go to Jack Darling by the sound of it.

Reece is showing poise above his 6 games experience and is becoming very reliable and creative. He's working his way into contests more and more and is becoming a player I am happy to see holding the ball.

For some reason though he doesn't get a lot of media attention. Perhaps it's because he's not particularly flashy. Maybe it's because he's slipped into the team so well he seems more like an old hand than a newbie. It's hard to think of a player that has looked so comfortable in the team after so few games. Is this why he wasn't on many radars at draft time?

Personally I'm really happy with him as our number 6 draft pick. I think it is obvious he will become a valuable, solid member of our future. He also has that little bit of class that will ensure he will sit as a very good player in the AFL not simply a bottom half player in the team. He has a hard edge too, gets crunched at least once a game.

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get a rising star nomination at all. A player like Reece will need a 30+ possession game to be noticed.

Definitely think Reece was the sure bet of the draft. I have no doubt he's going to make it as a player.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #196 on: May 01, 2011, 09:40:15 AM »

For some reason though he doesn't get a lot of media attention. Perhaps it's because he's not particularly flashy. Maybe it's because he's slipped into the team so well he seems more like an old hand than a newbie. It's hard to think of a player that has looked so comfortable in the team after so few games. Is this why he wasn't on many radars at draft time?

Personally I'm really happy with him as our number 6 draft pick. I think it is obvious he will become a valuable, solid member of our future. He also has that little bit of class that will ensure he will sit as a very good player in the AFL not simply a bottom half player in the team. He has a hard edge too, gets crunched at least once a game.

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get a rising star nomination at all. A player like Reece will need a 30+ possession game to be noticed.

Definitely think Reece was the sure bet of the draft. I have no doubt he's going to make it as a player.

:yep and :yep.

good calls that.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

TigerTimeII

« Reply #197 on: May 01, 2011, 09:40:35 AM »
conca has been the best of all first yr players this yr across the board
he does not get noticed because he has so much time and poise and that is the mark of a good player
he has been super impressive and has a mature head on his shoulders
im am happy we have him and dgaf that he does not get noticed, but he will from now on as Gerard Healy is starting to get on the conca train

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #198 on: May 01, 2011, 10:04:56 AM »
Reece deserves a rising star nomination but this week will probably go to Jack Darling by the sound of it.

Reece is showing poise above his 6 games experience and is becoming very reliable and creative. He's working his way into contests more and more and is becoming a player I am happy to see holding the ball.

Spot on O, good post.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #199 on: May 01, 2011, 10:11:25 AM »
Reece the Concarer will be great mate.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #200 on: May 01, 2011, 04:04:52 PM »
Conca played only 69% match time

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #201 on: May 01, 2011, 04:10:47 PM »

Would be part of his 1st year development wouldn't it?
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

gerkin greg

« Reply #202 on: May 02, 2011, 10:32:33 AM »
yep didn't start full pre-season training until january either

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #203 on: May 02, 2011, 12:46:34 PM »
No need to run a kid into the ground in his first year, or even his 2nd year either

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #204 on: May 02, 2011, 06:30:07 PM »

Would be part of his 1st year development wouldn't it?

20+ touches in less than 70% game time

well in.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #205 on: May 03, 2011, 10:47:44 AM »
This kid has a VERY bright future. :)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #206 on: May 03, 2011, 10:49:52 AM »
Darling won the rising star nomination this round so hopefully we can get a win against Freo and Reece gets deservedly nominated next week.

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #207 on: May 03, 2011, 01:20:23 PM »
cub that's a good nickname for reece "conan the conca(rer)" :lol :lol :lol

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #208 on: May 03, 2011, 02:12:09 PM »
Reece deserves one.

The Suns, with all their kids, are going to be lucky to get many more nominations. Swallow will get one somewhere along the line.

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Con65

« Reply #209 on: May 03, 2011, 04:09:42 PM »
Bombers took heppell with pick 8.

Dont the the Josh Caddy at pick 7 has done anything - is he injured?

Speculating who do people think will be the better long term player - Conca, Caddy or Heppell?

(Btw I am very happy with Reece Conca - adds class poise and first rate decision making).