Author Topic: Reece Conca [merged]  (Read 421226 times)

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Reece Conca [merged]
« Reply #2490 on: February 26, 2018, 07:57:10 PM »
OMG every player playing misses targets every game. He does miss a few but his good general play outweighs his errors. I like the kid :thumbsup

Sorry for trying to discuss strengths and weaknesses.

He has no flaws. He’s the perfect player.

You ok now?

I am now thanks for reaching out. Should Conca play I prefer him as a mid rather than playing in the back half. I would like Menadue to play for Broad but happy for Conca to play as I rate him as a senior AFL standard player.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2491 on: February 26, 2018, 08:36:10 PM »
Discussing flaws is fine Willy but lets keep it in perspective.

I gave a couple of examples, i thought that's what you wanted  :huh3

Could give more if you want.

I was at the game and i wasnt the only thinking about his disposal and decision making. As a bloke behind me said "it's heart in mouth stuff with Conca", and I agree.

It's all about opinions, we all have 'em and we're all entitled to 'em and we don't all have to agree with 'em

You got it right WP there were two poor kicks the rest either hit the target or went to our advantage.

If you are able to watch the replay have a look at Houli in comparison, Conca out performed Houli on the day including his disposal.

I'm sure we'd all of ease off Conca too in a practice match if he came close to winning the Norm Smith in his previous appearance.....:whistle
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2492 on: February 26, 2018, 10:33:28 PM »
Richmond coach Damien Hardwick rated Conca’s performance highly.

“I thought Reece Conca was very good today,” Hardwick said at his post-match press conference.

“He showed us that when he plays he’s a really valuable player.

“He’s had an injury history that’s probably hampered his development somewhat, but we’re really confident that when he gets on the park he’s a really good player for us.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-02-26/conca-knocking-on-selection-door

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2493 on: February 26, 2018, 10:38:17 PM »
C'mon Damien don't start spoiling it now......

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #2494 on: February 27, 2018, 12:56:30 AM »
Personally i thought he did pretty well on the weekend, thought he was good in AFLX as well. Don't worry if he stuffs up he's going to get found out pretty bloody quickly.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2495 on: February 27, 2018, 12:47:00 PM »
Discussing flaws is fine Willy but lets keep it in perspective.

I gave a couple of examples, i thought that's what you wanted  :huh3

Could give more if you want.

I was at the game and i wasnt the only thinking about his disposal and decision making. As a bloke behind me said "it's heart in mouth stuff with Conca", and I agree.

It's all about opinions, we all have 'em and we're all entitled to 'em and we don't all have to agree with 'em

You got it right WP there were two poor kicks the rest either hit the target or went to our advantage.

If you are able to watch the replay have a look at Houli in comparison, Conca out performed Houli on the day including his disposal.

I'm sure we'd all of ease off Conca too in a practice match if he came close to winning the Norm Smith in his previous appearance.....:whistle

Surely you jest???????????

If a player can come close to winning the Norm Smith and then dish up that performance the next match and you are ok with that?

This is a new season if you are fine with players resting on their laurels based on last years achievements' like the Bulldogs did you are setting the bar very low.

The other Premiership players delivered on the day.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2496 on: February 27, 2018, 02:04:10 PM »
Houli was being managed. Only played one half. Cannot make comments on the guy yet.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2497 on: February 27, 2018, 02:16:06 PM »
Exactly - and if Houli returns to his pre-finals ways when the real stuff starts then I'll start being concerned, but yeah blokes who stood up when sheep stations were on the line get a bit of leeway clearing out the cobwebs in the first practice match of the year.

Conca on the other hand has proven nothing so far apart fron the ability to turn the ball over at crucial times, give away frees, kill momentum, get suspended and injure himself at regular intervals. Blokes like him need to start showing something in the pre-season. Good evasive skills and hardness at the ball he has always had but he conistently undermines those attributes with the above stated flaws and I saw nothing new nor improved from him on Saturday.
Can he turn it around? Well if Houli can nearly win the Norm Smith, Edwards can be top 3, the likes of Grigg & BEllis can stand up in three consecutive finals and Townsend can come from the verge of delistment to play an important role in a flag then then anything's possible I guess but for now, talking up yet another mediocre effort from a list-clogger is the very definition of setting the bar low.

p.s. I agree with The Machine that if he plays it should be in the guts.

- Gustav Mahler

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #2498 on: February 27, 2018, 05:24:40 PM »
Im still a Conca believer. He was tracking so well in 2013 and injuries have cruelled his career ever since. In a way I admire his resolve to be going at it with the same ambition 5 years later.

As we've mentioned; there are so many we had huge doubts on that have come good, even great. Houli, Rance, Astbury, Townsend? Even guys like Vlastuin and Edwards I felt at stages might not make it.

He played a very decent game on Saturday. A bit messy by foot, but we tend to remember the bad before the good. He also hit up a lot of targets and put it to pur advantage more often than not. I actually think he reads the play as well as anyone on our list and can break lines; for that reason I would say his ceiling is much higher than a guy like Short; who I really like.

With Broad out theres a spot up for grabs in that backline, good luck Reece! :gotigers

Offline ¾ T!geɹ

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #2499 on: February 27, 2018, 11:40:44 PM »
Can't see him improving too much, but hey Dimma must know something we don't or else, why is he still around?
The third quarter, the premiership quarter, it's Dusty time. He starts to shine and then delivers in the most AWESOME fashion.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2500 on: April 08, 2018, 08:36:51 PM »
Played he best game for some time in the only position he can play...mid :clapping

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #2501 on: April 08, 2018, 08:59:10 PM »
He linked up well today and was solid overall, despite the customary momentum killing misskicks.

Offline ¾ T!geɹ

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #2502 on: April 08, 2018, 09:57:17 PM »
Played he best game for some time in the only position he can play...mid :clapping
I agree.
I must admit I was surprised to see so many kicks and handballs hit targets and actually moved well up the ground to follow the play.
He must of had a good learning pre-season or something.
The third quarter, the premiership quarter, it's Dusty time. He starts to shine and then delivers in the most AWESOME fashion.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2503 on: April 08, 2018, 10:38:34 PM »
Yeah  his usual crap plays to good plays ratio goes from 3-1 all the way down to 2-1 when he plays in guts.... woopdeestuffindoo.....:clapping

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #2504 on: April 08, 2018, 10:41:34 PM »
Yeah  his usual crap plays to good plays ratio goes from 3-1 all the way down to 2-1 when he plays in guts.... woopdeestuffindoo.....:clapping
plays his role, would be leading B&F just about  :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"