Author Topic: Tom Derickx [merged]  (Read 29849 times)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Pick 63. Tom Derickx
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2011, 06:34:43 PM »
Very bad luck. Hoping for a speedy recovery. Could not happened at a worst time

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2011, 07:05:51 AM »
The flying ankle shatter, done that a few times myself....comes with having all the grace / size of a screaming / shizer flinging silverback leaping through the air.  But enough about Gerk.  This isn't going to cause him permanent problems is it?  He didn't do any tendons just a bone?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 08:07:25 AM by Owl »
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2011, 11:36:23 PM »
The forgotten man. Kinda more excited about this guy than I am about the prospect of Maric. Anyone know where his ankle is at? other than at the end of his leg?
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tom Derickx [merged]
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2011, 11:34:15 PM »
From RFCO:

http://yfrog.com/odh3qyj

"This Thursday we kick off AFL Draft week, with our first interviewee Tommy Derickx"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2011, 11:36:23 PM »
So how is he travelling then?? Really looking forward to seeing him in action.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2011, 11:47:45 PM »
He's back in full training by the look of it WAT which is a positive given he missed the whole of last season due to that ankle injury he did during the preseason.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2011, 12:10:30 AM »
He's back in full training by the look of it WAT which is a positive given he missed the whole of last season due to that ankle injury he did during the preseason.

Well thats great news, hopefully he gets through the pre-season... :pray

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2011, 07:32:02 PM »
Amen to that  :pray
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2011, 07:35:48 PM »
Would be great to see him sharing the ruck duties with Maric, maybe Brown could come along a bit more as well..then we will have Vickery to pinch hit as required.

Could be a decent ruck set up after all.

"Rucks:

Offline tigtuff12

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2011, 07:36:32 PM »

^ crossing of fingers...big wraps on the kid & a full pre + injury free year could assist us not only short term this year but longer as well...with Maric coming onboard (and hopefully his work ethic is what it was reported to be on the training track) having a couple of quality rucks competing for spots is only a good thing & as other clubs have shown you need more than one key big...throw TV in the mix as well and suddenly the rucks don't/won't seem so bad imo...although it is a big ask of a kid who hasn't played at the top level & is coming off a serious injury...wishful thinking though :)
...the fighting fury...

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2011, 07:41:07 PM »

^ crossing of fingers...big wraps on the kid & a full pre + injury free year could assist us not only short term this year but longer as well...with Maric coming onboard (and hopefully his work ethic is what it was reported to be on the training track) having a couple of quality rucks competing for spots is only a good thing & as other clubs have shown you need more than one key big...throw TV in the mix as well and suddenly the rucks don't/won't seem so bad imo...although it is a big ask of a kid who hasn't played at the top level & is coming off a serious injury...wishful thinking though :)

Dead right, can't expect too much early but hey you never know, he couldn't be any worse than some other.....Hope he just gets better as he goes along. He is in full training.. :thumbsup

"Rucks:

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2011, 08:56:18 PM »
Thing that concerns me is that the big X man was apparently pretty underwhelming for Coburg in the games he did play this year. Hopefully this was largely due to injury interruptions.

I was very excited about him last pre-season. Seems to have some very useful attributes.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2011, 08:57:30 PM »
Thing that concerns me is that the big X man was apparently pretty underwhelming for Coburg in the games he did play this year. Hopefully this was largely due to injury interruptions.

I was very excited about him last pre-season. Seems to have some very useful attributes.

Don't start early wit the Excuses Willy, he need to just take a leaf from Gus's book and Go all in.....

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2011, 09:00:35 PM »

pretty sure he had an injury early pre season and missed a number of the early games. i dont think he played too many games before he broke his ankle.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2011, 09:01:55 PM »
Apart from taking a few good marks against Collingwood he hasn't done anything. I'll wait a while before talking him up as our next Benny Gale.