Author Topic: Angus Graham - 2011 expectations?  (Read 6532 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Angus Graham - 2011 expectations?
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2011, 02:13:42 AM »
I thought he was okay too but he dropped that mark in the last quarter that got St Kilda the goal which levelled it up at 81-81 just as we were ready to pull the trigger and launch forward again.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2011, 03:43:22 PM »
I actually thought it was one of the best games I've seen Gus play, granted a few times refused to follow McEvoy to either forward our down back but I thought overall he was very good

Thought the bump he laid in the 3rd qtr was an absolute gem and is one of the things he should do more of - use his size to intimidate the opposition. Would go as far as to say that bump was the best thing I've seen him do on a footy field  :clapping :clapping

Friday night's game needs to become the norm rather than the expection. Do that and he will go a long long way in silencing his critics (including me  ;D)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 08:14:26 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2011, 06:46:00 PM »
Four years younger than jamer.

Won't be delisted.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2011, 08:06:47 PM »
Angus did remove his finger out of his behind on Friday Night, needs to go on from here

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2011, 09:48:47 PM »
I actually thought it was one of the best games I've seen Gus play, granted a few times refused to follow McEvoy to either forward our down back but I thought overall he was very good

Thought the bump he laid in the 3rd qtr was an absolute gem and is one of the things he should do more of - use his size to intimidate the opposition. Would go as far as to say that bump was the best thing I've seen him do on a footy field  :clapping :clapping

Friday night's game needs to become the norm rather than the expection. Do that and he will go a long long way in silencing his critics (including me  ;D)
I would like to see that.... :lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2011, 10:04:50 PM »

I would like to see that.... :lol

Time will tell  ;)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2011, 11:14:46 PM »
He kicked four goals in the corresponding game against Hawthorn last year and hit a bit of a purple patch in form. Lets hope he can reproduce some of that form again this week and help us get over the line on Sat night. :gotigers

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2011, 08:06:45 AM »
Hold your marks Gus FFS. :banghead

gerkin greg

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2011, 11:10:01 AM »
Thought the bump he laid in the 3rd qtr was an absolute gem and is one of the things he should do more of - use his size to intimidate the opposition. Would go as far as to say that bump was the best thing I've seen him do on a footy field

Yesssss

Angus did remove his finger out of his behind on Friday Night, needs to go on from here

Most def, along with a good few others

10 FLAGS

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2011, 09:11:36 AM »
NONE

jackstar is back again

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2011, 09:14:52 AM »
he is weak as pee.
doesnt even bend a blade of grass when he runs, thats how weak the "'goose"' is.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2011, 10:22:37 AM »
Was very poor against Hawks

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2011, 01:41:51 PM »
Just a matter of time before Derrickx gets a game in front of him.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2011, 02:42:10 PM »
To GWS for a 3rd Round pick will be best result for us.

Gus is the worst player on our list IMHO.

Getting a game be default.
Go Tigers!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2011, 09:19:42 PM »
extremely disappointing that we had to put up with the "very bad" Gus last night  :banghead :banghead

Until Gus realises that one of his jobs is to go back the opposition's goal line and defend, he will continue to cop the whacks he deserves. This is a basic of being the ruckman, a basic of being 6ft bloody 8 or 9 :banghead

Does Gus do this no siree bob, Gus stands around the 50mtr arc watching proceedings

Result of the above: 2nd qtr, some Hawk took a mark (can't remember who) offloads to young Savage who kicks a low floating kick about 40mtrs, it just makes it over the goal line. Now if a smart ruckman was where he should have been there is fairly good chance that this kick would have been touched on the line and it becomes a point rather than a goal

After the goal is signalled Gus stands hands on hips and drops his head and then after a moment he starts to jog back to the centre circle....

In a nutshell folks, that one thing last night highlights why I get annoyed with him, why I get frustrated with him, why I am critical of him and why I cannot understand why he continues to get a game when he wont do the obligatory team first things that are the basics of the position he plays in the TEAM  :banghead