Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766380 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #120 on: February 26, 2011, 01:56:38 PM »
C'mon WP do you live under a rock?

Only Labor pollies lie, not the libs. Don't you know that?

:rollin :rollin

Nah al, but I have been away for the week enjpying yhe country air so perhaps it's playing tricks on my mind  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #121 on: February 26, 2011, 04:57:48 PM »
C'mon WP do you live under a rock?

Only Labor pollies lie, not the libs. Don't you know that?

:rollin :rollin

Nah al, but I have been away for the week enjpying yhe country air so perhaps it's playing tricks on my mind  :thumbsup

Pollies are all hypocrites WP. But you have to admit Ju-liar is no Whitlam and the WORST labor leader ever. 

Did you put aside your red commie glasses and take time to look at the YouTube of your beloved PM? If you didn't here it is again. Classic. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLLUcP7IwiE&feature=youtube_gdata_player
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #122 on: February 26, 2011, 05:02:17 PM »
If someone who votes labor is a commie, does that make someone who votes liberal a fascist or Nazi?
...or does this work like like the lying thing?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #123 on: February 26, 2011, 06:25:39 PM »
WP Howard ran an election on GST and people voted in favour and he won government.
Gillard ran on no-carbon tax and sold labor down the river to the greens to stay in power and everyone around this country will pay the price.
This carbon tax will increase cost of living in everyway. Petrol prices UP, Electricity prices UP, Food prices UP, Public transport UP etc.
This carbon tax will also move businesses off-shore which will result in people losing there jobs. People defaulting on mortgages. People missing meals due to having no money. If this is the future you want then by all means vote Labor(greens) at your own peril.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #124 on: February 26, 2011, 06:45:55 PM »
Pollies are all hypocrites WP. But you have to admit Ju-liar is no Whitlam and the WORST labor leader ever. 

Did you put aside your red commie glasses and take time to look at the YouTube of your beloved PM? If you didn't here it is again. Classic. 

my red commie glasses  ???

Now that's funny  :yep :yep

As for the worst labour leader ever - and you did say labour leader as opposed to PM right? Then I'd say no not by quite a way ...that title would go to one Mark Latham by a long long way  ;) :laugh: ;D

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #125 on: February 26, 2011, 07:59:51 PM »
WP Howard ran an election on GST and people voted in favour and he won government.
Gillard ran on no-carbon tax and sold labor down the river to the greens to stay in power and everyone around this country will pay the price.
This carbon tax will increase cost of living in everyway. Petrol prices UP, Electricity prices UP, Food prices UP, Public transport UP etc.
This carbon tax will also move businesses off-shore which will result in people losing there jobs. People defaulting on mortgages. People missing meals due to having no money. If this is the future you want then by all means vote Labor(greens) at your own peril.

perfectly stated.  :bow :clapping

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #126 on: February 26, 2011, 08:01:47 PM »

my red commie glasses  ???

Now that's funny  :yep :yep

As for the worst labour leader ever - and you did say labour leader as opposed to PM right? Then I'd say no not by quite a way ...that title would go to one Mark Latham by a long long way  ;) :laugh: ;D

Ok WP I agree Latham was weird. What about WORST labor PM?

FNM

« Reply #127 on: February 27, 2011, 07:56:57 AM »
If the PM is a liar

Then the Opposition leader is a Hypocrite

There's a some priceless news footage doing the rounds of Tony Abbott in 2009 actually saying that if you want to put a price on carbon emissions then he would introduce a "simple carbon tax", he adds that would include it being "placed on petrol" so "everyone" pays it equally  ;D

OMG ..... Tony in 2009 sounded like Julia in 2011

I believe Tony said:

''If you want to put a price on carbon why not just do it with a simple tax? Why not ask motorists to pay more? Why not ask electricity consumers to pay more?'

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #128 on: February 27, 2011, 09:20:52 AM »
I believe Tony said:

''If you want to put a price on carbon why not just do it with a simple tax? Why not ask motorists to pay more? Why not ask electricity consumers to pay more?'

That's the one FNM  ;D

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #129 on: February 27, 2011, 09:21:55 AM »
If the PM is a liar

There's a some priceless news footage doing the rounds of Tony Abbott in 2009 actually saying that if you want to put a price on carbon emissions then he would introduce a "simple carbon tax", he adds that would include it being "placed on petrol" so "everyone" pays it equally  ;D

I believe Tony said:

He explains how to tax a price on carbon. I dont see anywhere in the quote him saying he believes in this policy.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #130 on: February 27, 2011, 11:55:39 AM »
If the PM is a liar

I believe Tony said:

Bang bang and bang

They are all a bunch if hypocrites The lot of em.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

FNM

« Reply #131 on: February 27, 2011, 12:21:08 PM »
He explains how to tax a price on carbon. I dont see anywhere in the quote him saying he believes in this policy.

When he says "why not" he's not explaining how it works, he's asking why don't we do it this way rather than the Labor Party way.
Nope, he's a goose and a forgetful one  :wallywink

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #132 on: February 27, 2011, 12:33:25 PM »

When he says "why not" he's not explaining how it works, he's asking why don't we do it this way rather than the Labor Party way.
Nope, he's a goose and a forgetful one  :wallywink

He also says ''If you want". I havent heard Tony say he wants to put a carbon tax on everything actually to the contrary he sounds like a person that wants to help business and jobs unlike Julia that will LIE to anyone and backstab everyone to stay in power.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #133 on: February 27, 2011, 04:01:43 PM »

Hmm would suggest you get a hold of the entire interview where he was asked just prior to becoming Lib leader how he would handle putting a price Carbon Emissions seeing he was so against the silly "emissions trading scheme" that KRudd wanted to introduce

His response; the quote in question was his answers as to what he would do, so I think at the time it is fair an reasonable to assume that it is the policy he believed in then .....

I am disappointed that Tony hasn't had a go at the PM for stealing his idea to be honest, Tony's been good at that in the past  :rollin :rollin

Well seeing she's been in the job less than 9 months I reckon it's too early to call but IMHO Paul Keating was a shocking PM. His born to rule mentality was a disgrace

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #134 on: February 27, 2011, 06:15:29 PM »

Hmm would suggest you get a hold of the entire interview where he was asked just prior to becoming Lib leader how he would handle putting a price Carbon Emissions seeing he was so against the silly "emissions trading scheme" that KRudd wanted to introduce

His response; the quote in question was his answers as to what he would do, so I think at the time it is fair an reasonable to assume that it is the policy he believed in then .....

I am disappointed that Tony hasn't had a go at the PM for stealing his idea to be honest, Tony's been good at that in the past  :rollin :rollin

Well seeing she's been in the job less than 9 months I reckon it's too early to call but IMHO Paul Keating was a shocking PM. His born to rule mentality was a disgrace

yes you may be right there as my dad like yourself was a labor lover. He had a T-shirt of Whitlam. But after Keating he never voted labor again. But my personal opinion is that history will show the Rudd/Julia era to be the worst. Time will tell.
As of Tony. Unlike our current lying PM he can "honestly" admit when he's either changed his mind or made a mistake. His honesty is even to his detriment as in the case where he stated that when he says something it may be exagerated in the heat of the moment compared with considered written statements.   
As of polititians they are all hypocrites, as we all are. We are all sinners in the sight of God; Romans3:23.