Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766467 times)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #1170 on: September 26, 2012, 12:35:56 PM »
:lol
They are all tarred with the same brush, but i think phoney toney got a double dose of the tarring;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc5ljcri6Nk

The thought of this bumbling buffoon in serious negotiations with China or the like would be funny if it wasn't so scary.

and again here;
just got to love the way he justifies his lies by giving non answers to the questions.
Both links are the same.
What did he say that wasn't true.
You can't trust what a politician says full stop.
Just ask Julia to explain why she isn't playing forward pocket for footscray or why she isn't sailing solo around the world.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpZzRo4EdDo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Is that the best you can come up with?

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1171 on: September 26, 2012, 12:39:43 PM »

and I think I am in love with Leigh Sales

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXhbg80E2JE

It should be clear to all that Tony said a pack of lies about the effect of the Carbon Tax.

If he wins the morons who vote for him will get what they deserve.

:cheers

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1172 on: September 26, 2012, 12:47:25 PM »

and one to get us all up and dancing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5rLroF9gsk&feature=related

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1173 on: September 26, 2012, 01:40:00 PM »

and I think I am in love with Leigh Sales

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXhbg80E2JE

It should be clear to all that Tony said a pack of lies about the effect of the Carbon Tax.

If he wins the morons who vote for him will get what they deserve.

:cheers
thats the interview my second link was supposed to be.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1174 on: September 26, 2012, 01:52:37 PM »
They are all tarred with the same brush, but i think phoney toney got a double dose of the tarring;

The thought of this bumbling buffoon in serious negotiations with China or the like would be funny if it wasn't so scary.

and again here;
just got to love the way he justifies his lies by giving non answers to the questions.
Both links are the same.
What did he say that wasn't true.
You can't trust what a politician says full stop.
Just ask Julia to explain why she isn't playing forward pocket for footscray or why she isn't sailing solo around the world.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpZzRo4EdDo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Is that the best you can come up with?

Facts are '65 that mostly all pollies are full of poo. But the difference between the two leaders are that Julia has lied straight to our faces without blinking.
She lied about ousting Rudd 2 weeks before she did.
She lied about the carbon tax days before the election.
You might think those two points are trivial but I don't.
No grey areas there. As blatant as the red on her head.

Abbott starting that you can't trust what a politician says in the heat of discussion isn't a lie but the truth for all politicians.
I don't understand him being criticized for being honest in that instance.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1175 on: September 26, 2012, 01:58:42 PM »
tony too has lied to our faces, that was gist of the interviews.
its just that your blind faith allows the jackstar type deflections to work so you dont see this

just as the blind faith of catholics allowed the rooting and physical abuse of countless children by those who could no wrong.

The most dangerous thing in the world , is blind faith.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1176 on: September 26, 2012, 03:52:06 PM »
its just that your blind faith allows the jackstar type deflections to work so you dont see this

just as the blind faith of catholics allowed the rooting and physical abuse of countless children by those who could no wrong.

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1

First of all I dont have blind faith in tony or Julia or any politician. I grew up an indoctrinated one eyed labour voter because my dad was a labour fanatic. I grew up a Roman catholic because my mum told me I had to be one.
I'm neither a labour supporter or a roman catholic anymore.
Just because your born in a garage doesn't make you a car.
Ive made up my own mind on religion and politics.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1177 on: September 26, 2012, 05:20:31 PM »
Do some research?
His views on pre marital sex, contraception, abortion etc. Is purely religious conviction.  It wouldn't matter if your a man as far as Christian conviction is concerned its purely the same stance on every issue.
Unlike Islam the Christian message promotes women in very high esteem for anyone that knows the difference between old and vs new covenant dogma.
It sounds to me that labour spin has once again clouded your judgement not unlike those mentally challenged voters who won't vote for him because he wears budgie smugglers or anyone who votes green.

My judgement isn't clouded and I don't think I am a mentally challenged voter - that's a cheap shot and offensive BTW.

Bottomline is he as lied like all pollies do and have. His views on certain things I find staggering and quite frankly he should leave his religous covictions at the front door of parliment house. 

Simple fact is I don't like, him I don't trust him.

You say this:

Well guess what so have I.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #1178 on: September 26, 2012, 05:30:55 PM »
Do some research?
His views on pre marital sex, contraception, abortion etc. Is purely religious conviction.  It wouldn't matter if your a man as far as Christian conviction is concerned its purely the same stance on every issue.
Unlike Islam the Christian message promotes women in very high esteem for anyone that knows the difference between old and vs new covenant dogma.
It sounds to me that labour spin has once again clouded your judgement not unlike those mentally challenged voters who won't vote for him because he wears budgie smugglers or anyone who votes green.

My judgement isn't clouded and I don't think I am a mentally challenged voter - that's a cheap shot and offensive BTW.

Bottomline is he as lied like all pollies do and have. His views on certain things I find staggering and quite frankly he should leave his religous covictions at the front door of parliment house. 

You say this:

WP: Not just a grumpy old moderator.

:bow

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1179 on: September 26, 2012, 05:38:54 PM »

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1

First of all I dont have blind faith in tony or Julia or any politician. I grew up an indoctrinated one eyed labour voter because my dad was a labour fanatic. I grew up a Roman catholic because my mum told me I had to be one.
I'm neither a labour supporter or a roman catholic anymore.
Just because your born in a garage doesn't make you a car.
and now you are are self indoctrinated one eyed liberal voter, otherwise you you wouldn't make statements like;
But the difference between the two leaders are that Julia has lied straight to our faces without blinking.
yet in the same breath try to justify that all pollies lie.

Untill voters , on mass, show their dissatisfaction with the major political parties by not voting for them, we will continue to get these slimy turds lie and back flip.

As it is we get one pollie lie and backflip. The barrackers of the other team point it out, and the barrackers of the original team simply point out the lies and backflips from the other team

All the while they either ignore their own teams lies and backflips, or justify them by the opposition's.

In your case you seem to do both.

As long as the simple masses continue to do this, the politicians of both major parties will treat us all with contempt.

dwaino

« Reply #1180 on: September 26, 2012, 05:57:48 PM »
Faith: the total and irrational conviction in something with total disregard to evidence.

Al, you pretty much summed up the precise downfall of the establishment between the lines of your post. One lot of slimy turds point out the failures of the reigning turds and sell the "we will obey" masses promises of improvement. When the power is shifted the same slimy turds will sell the same lies and garbage as the previous donkeys to keep their position. It's like signing up with a new company. Try calling Telstra as a new customer. Straight through to an Aussie assistant and hassle free. Then call back as an existing customer and wait on hold to Rahul in Bombay for half an hour.

Any one besides the two majors are lining up to accept a teabag from either of them.

he should leave his religous covictions at the front door of parliment house. 

I can't agree more with this. I can't stand any of them but IMO politics and government should be secular.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1181 on: September 26, 2012, 07:29:14 PM »
Do some research?

You say this:

I do apologise WP.
I never said you were mentally challenged. I said you were clouded like those that are mentally challenged. My apologies, No offence intended.
I'm glad your minds made up.
I for one look not at just the leader of a party but what the party stands for and for this reason I can't ever vote labor. But there is a party (greens) that are far worse than labor and I hope that they fall by the wayside just like the democrats have.

On religious views I think it's important to stand by your religious conviction when standing for your particular electorate. With your particular stance you lay it all on the table and if the voters like it or not they can vote for you or not.
With labor this isn't possible. They just have to choose candidates for pre selection that fits their  constitutional number criteria ie. union, female etc. and then your a puppet of the party with no right to choose or think for yourself.
Oh yeh democracy is alive and well at labor...not!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 07:54:31 PM by Mr Tigra »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1182 on: September 26, 2012, 07:46:02 PM »
I do apologise WP.
I never said you were mentally challenged. I said you were clouded like those that are mentally challenged. My apologies, No offence intended.
I for one look not at just the leader of a party but what the party stands for and for this reason I can't ever vote labor. But there is a party (greens) that are far worse than labor and I hope that they fall by the wayside just like the democrats have.

No probs - apology accepted  :thumbsup

I too look beyond the leader and believe me I look at what the party stands for now but also I also look at what it has stood for in the past and from there I make my choice

BTW I dont look at what's in it for me because as I have said many times we get no govt handouts but I certainly do look at which party is prepared too tackle the issues I feel passionately about eg Pensioners, the disabled, aged care & mental health,

And I don't think you have to worry too much about the Greens, they'll be a long distant memory within the next 5-10 years - GONESKI is word that springs to mind  ;D

« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 08:09:35 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1183 on: September 26, 2012, 07:55:36 PM »
I do apologise WP.

No probs - apology accepted  :thumbsup

I too look beyond the leader and believe me I look at what the party stands for now but also I also look at what it has stood for in the past and from there I make my choice

BTW I dont look at what's in it for me because as I have said many times we get no govt handouts but I certainly do look at which party is prepared too tackle the issues I feel passionately about eg Pensioners, the disabled, aged care & mental health,

And I don't think you have to worry too much about the Greens, they'll be a long distant memory within the next 5-10 years - GONESKI is word that springs to ming  ;D
I hope so.  :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1184 on: September 28, 2012, 12:01:07 AM »
Do some research?

You say this:

I do apologise WP.

On religious views I think it's important to stand by your religious conviction when standing for your particular electorate. With your particular stance you lay it all on the table and if the voters like it or not they can vote for you or not.
With labor this isn't possible. They just have to choose candidates for pre selection that fits their  constitutional number criteria ie. union, female etc. and then your a puppet of the party with no right to choose or think for yourself.
Oh yeh democracy is alive and well at labor...not!
:huh

Which party allowed its members to vote according to their conscience and beliefs regarding gay marriage and which party forced its MPs to vote how its leader and party machine demanded?   :whistle

ps. Good to see the PM was in New York so she could meet and discuss issues with Indonesian president Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono in person rather than heading to Jakarta as dopey Abbott demanded :stupid.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/not-in-jakarta-the-meeting-tony-abbott-demanded/story-fn59niix-1226482734166
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd