Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 747080 times)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #5265 on: July 07, 2020, 04:04:02 PM »
Looks like we're going back into lockdown.

Not surprised.

Good call by our glorious state leader Dan Andrews.

What a hero!

Haha

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #5266 on: July 07, 2020, 08:00:32 PM »
So instead a critique of your hero Dan-the-Man and the beloved Labor party all we are offered so far are pictures of what’s happening in “another” capital city.

Oh is this supposed to justify incompetency?
And is this supposed to soften the reasons for the current situation in Victoria?

If this was Abbott or Scomo do you think any of us would be asking for an opinion?

Maybe take another week to figure out why this is all the federal governments fault because Scomo went to Hawaii.  :rollin

Dan-the-Man supporters ask yourselves a question,
Which state is currently in the worst situation?

Are you baiting me? Mocking me?

I suggest you read my post earlier why I haven't been posting in this thread.

A very cheap shot indeed  >:(
Not just for you WP but to all of the labor loving cheerleaders that can’t see ever see when they royally stuff up. This has to be the worse stuff up since Joan Kirner.
The club that keeps giving.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5267 on: July 07, 2020, 11:30:33 PM »
This post isn't about defending the government just to highlight the battle ....

See below:

Is this not part of the issue? Are these selfish ignorant not responsible for their actions or not?

From the HUN

"The massive jump in cases comes as Department of Health contact tracers battle to prevent new clusters emerging in suburbs not yet locked down.

The Herald Sun understands their job is being made more difficult by an increasing reluctance among sections of the west and north western community to share information about where they have been and who their close contacts are.

In some cases people have reported delays of up to five days in finding out they are a close contact of a confirmed case, during which time they may have spread coronavirus further into new communities."

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/coronavirus/tower-control-worries-mount-border-closure-a-blow-to-tourism/news-story/1b3ea10d034fb01cd125aaf66082ce11

sounds like your giving them an out to me, and trying to deflect attention to matters that are of on concern to this state.

The question is about the incompetence of the Andrews government, and the corruption of the alp.

Lets start with that and then go from there.

I feel for you WP as a few of the other labor lovers have gone missing in action for quite some time now. Mr 65 of all people accused me of baiting where i simply was asking a question than no one wants/can answer about this government.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5268 on: July 07, 2020, 11:39:35 PM »
Victorians have become parias to the rest of the nation because of the incompetence of state labor. This government is going the same way as John Cains government. When the economy was running it was all easy when the economy faultered Victoria was left on the brink of bankruptcy. Andrews got lucky for a long time but the economy is stuffed because of corona people arent buying property so stamp duty revenue is shot and the state has committed to billions of dollars in projects now suffering major overruns. Its a disastrous position for our state and once again it will be a profligate state labor government which will ruin victoria economically. The response to covid has bern diabolocal here, policies implemented have failed and labor continues to support failed migration strategies which can now be seen by this 2nd corona outbreak. Its these groups who disrespected our community and its these groups who are primary spreaders of this pandemic. Its time for Labor and their chronies to get out and let a proper responsible liberal government to take over before they destroy the state again.

remember the outrage when scomo went to hawaii for a few days, or when he went to church, or thought about going to the rugby.  :shh

The damage to this state cannot be measured now. There will be massive job losses on the back of andrews incompetence. Virgin for one. Why would a company keep melbourne jobs now as opposed to queensland?

Cant use them for 2 months, and potentially longer. Remember Billy in front of the cameras to scomo to save virgin, bail them out Scomo. Thats the difference between a diabolical party and a liberal one. Scomo got no credit for saving billions of dollars, that was not required. Showed great courage. Those same jobs billy wanted bailed, will unfortunately be lost anyway, and Dan's team can take credit for that.

Andrews is a disgrace and should step aside now. The only silver lining i can see is Billy Shorten is not near this debacle. Imagine the 2 of them now.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5269 on: July 08, 2020, 07:11:28 AM »
Just on Virgin

Jobs were never coming to Melb under any new Owner as the QLD have committed $200 mil of taxpayers money to Virgin via the Administrator (Stupid decision) to keep it there and buy a stake

No govt should "save" airlines

Which brings me to Rex Airlines who have just announced they are going national and will be flying to major cities now. Which is happening due to the Fed Govt giving them $$$ to do so, as pushed by the Nationals. A former Nat Minister of a previous LNP govt is their deputy chairman. Few questions being raised around it. I wonder why?

Based on people applauding the ScoMo govt not bailing out Virgin (rightly) I am interested to hear views on this little deal. Right or wrong?

Not a diversion BTW just flows on to any discussion about political corruption I would think ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5270 on: July 08, 2020, 06:00:28 PM »
 :banghead :banghead more deflection WP. Answer the question posed please. It's not hard.

Do you need me to quote it again regarding Dan the man, your previous thoughts on liberal voters, and the alp?

First you post i havent got the head space to respond to questions after some attack by a poster, and then you head down another road. So clearly your feeling better which is great for the site, so perhaps address the issue with our current state government.

Stop with the deflecting please, then we can discuss your other unsubstantiated rants.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5271 on: July 08, 2020, 06:07:14 PM »

Labor Premier Daniel Andrews has got Victoria into the mess and that’s why we are back in lockdown

Premier Daniel Andrews has failed to concede he and his inept administration got Victoria into this mess and instead is blaming you, writes Sophie Elsworth.

Lockdown ‘harder the second time’

Premier Daniel Andrews is blaming Victorians for the crisis this state is in.

At no point during this pandemic has the Labor Premier accepted responsibility for his incompetent administration which has now left millions of Victorians as outcasts in their own country.

Dictator Dan is pointing the finger at you for doing the wrong thing.

The irony.

As he does his daily spiels from behind the lectern and talks down to Victorians like they are small children he fails to admit guilt.

“I apologise for the position we’re in. I’m accountable as the leader of this state,” he said.

Sorry, not sorry Victorians.

You’re to blame for this mess according to Dictator Dan.

Businesses are being sent to the wall, families left in ruin and this arrogant Premier won’t fess up that he stuffed up, big time.

On announcing that Melbourne was going back into lockdown for six weeks this week the Premier pointed the finger at you.

“I think there’s a sense of complacency as we let our frustrations get the better of us,” he said.

“I think each of us know of someone who has not been following the rules as well as they should have.”

Yes we do Premier.

We know 10,000 of them.

Those Black Lives Matter protesters that you allowed to march the streets on Saturday, June 6 with zero repercussions without putting up a fight.

Saying we are all in this together is absolute bollocks.

We are not.

That protest proved it.

Only three fines were issued to the organisers, none to the protesters.

Then we hear on Wednesday 15 people had a party at Southbank in Melbourne on Sunday night and were all fined for breaching social distancing rules.

So if you’re in a small group you’re stuffed but if you’re in a big group it’s happy days.

This is the Premier who said it would be dangerous to visit your mother on Mother’s Day before easing the restrictions just two days later.

This too is the Premier who banned fishing and golf but this time around they are both OK to do.

I had a family member who was out with his rod in Port Phillip Bay for days back when the first restrictions came in and on the night the rules were due to start he was still fishing.

He was none the wiser about the timing of the new rules and then half an hour before they began he was hauled into Williamstown in the middle of the night in his boat alongside five men from various authorities.

Ridiculous – how is a man fishing solo in the ocean a danger to anyone?

Then we’ve had the hotel quarantine debacle unfold which has cost us all dearly.

Premier Andrews turned away ADF, failed to use police officers, and instead opted to use nightclub bouncers.

Some were given five minutes of training, others were paid cash in bags and some even slept with guests.

It defies belief.

But Dictator Dan thought he could bluff us all by saying the recent spread of COVID-19 from hotel quarantine could have come down to something as innocent as the nightclub bouncers sharing a cigarette lighter.

Seriously.

And the deputy chief health officer Annaliese van Diemen let the cat out of the bag by revealing 30 per cent of hotel quarantine guests weren’t getting tested, something I’m sure the Government wouldn’t have been pleased she let slip.

Despite this she said “Victoria has led the way” with hotel quarantine.

But Dictator Dan’s lips on this giant mess are sealed now because he’s spending your money – $3 million of it – to have a retired judge do a three-month inquiry into the debacle that has left the state in the mess it’s now in.

In means Dan the deflector can avoid answering any questions from hereon in on anything relating to hotel quarantine, quite convenient really.

And where are his army of inept ministers who are virtually silent or non-existent in recent days?

This includes Health Minister Jenny Mikakos and Police Minister Lisa Neville’s, both who have been given very little airtime this week.

That’s so the Premier can control the messaging and avoid accepting responsibility for this mess.

Victorians are can see for themselves the very high price for voting for this Labor Government who have mounting issues to deal with and the state is stuck with him for at least another two years.

The Liberal Opposition certainly needs to lift their game if they are any chance of knocking Premier Andrews – who has brought this state to its knees – off his perch.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/coronavirus/labor-premier-daniel-andrews-has-got-victoria-into-the-mess-and-thats-why-we-are-back-in-lockdown/news-story/b5d4f6b0f24782769bbe65d51940966d

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5272 on: July 08, 2020, 07:07:39 PM »
:banghead :banghead more deflection WP. Answer the question posed please. It's not hard.

Do you need me to quote it again regarding Dan the man, your previous thoughts on liberal voters, and the alp?

First you post i havent got the head space to respond to questions after some attack by a poster, and then you head down another road. So clearly your feeling better which is great for the site, so perhaps address the issue with our current state government.

Stop with the deflecting please, then we can discuss your other unsubstantiated rants.

Frankie, give me a break.  :banghead

I answered a post with a question. It's not unsubstantiated but whatever. It was to test the waters so to speak

Wanted to see if was going to get whacked again simply because I hold a different view.

You see I am sick of being whacked, ridiculed and for want a better term yelled at because I hold a different view.

Sorry I didn't appreciate being accused of being a racist (amongst other things) so I made call to step back. Why?  so I wouldn't stoop to the same level

Facts are I cop alot of crap, abuse that is against the rules of this site but I let it go. I don't snap back and abuse the same way because (1) I'm a mod so I can't and (2) more importantly that's not how I operate. But last fortnight is the closest I've come. So I  stepped back from this thread.

I had hoped people would respect that, hoped.

I will be replying to all the things that's been directed at me this pass fortnight this coming weekend when I have some time

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #5273 on: July 09, 2020, 08:55:05 PM »
Still no criticism of DanTheMan   :rollin

It’s pretty typical really, I wasn’t really expecting it from any of the lefties on here anyway.

The reality is that whilst DanTheMan actually thinks he’s done a great job here, the rest of the county get on with living and rebuilding the economy.

Gold  :clapping

The club that keeps giving.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5274 on: July 09, 2020, 09:01:07 PM »

Gold  :clapping

This is exactly what I was talking about

Clearly, you didn't bother reading my response to Frankie

Thanks for that

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5275 on: July 09, 2020, 10:03:50 PM »
Andrews should resign. The other members of Andrews Covid cabinet should also resign. Theyve been exposed for the terrible government theyve
Been. Hiding behind railway crossing removals. The sooner this incompetent mob get the arse the better.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5276 on: July 10, 2020, 01:34:02 AM »
Labors incompetence in Victoria will see Australia stay in recession. The property market will get hammered and businesses will close down in this state. Govetnment revenues from stamp duty will fall and Victorias debt will spiral upwards at a rate of knots. All because of a stupid government who wanted to cow tow to rat bag protestors and who were so so incomoetent they hired part time security guards with minimal training to secure hotels. Labor will be responsible AGAIN for wrecking our state finances, they will be responsible for every business that has to close forever and they are responsible for every single person who ends up on the dole because of this outbreak. They were the GUILTY PARTY before and they are the GUILTY PARTY again.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5277 on: July 10, 2020, 01:31:43 PM »
Just watching ScoMo's presser now.

Absolutely agree with his comments about the Federal ALP scare mongering.

It is wrong and unacceptable

It simply doesn't help

And it is unacceptable across all levels of politics.

That is all

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5278 on: July 11, 2020, 05:00:38 PM »

Not the only reason but interesting. Certainly someone stuffed up mightily employing security guards to watch the Hotels under quarantine.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-11/fuel-spark-victoria-response-virus-public-health-bushfire/12443982

"[In] shared homes with additional generations or just a large family, it can be very difficult to stop that single ember from continuing this bushfire," says the University of NSW's Professor Mary-Louise McLaws.

"We could have put [family clusters] out very rapidly had we gone to explain to them in their own language — and to their further community — what's going on, so that if they see a spark, they act on it immediately with testing and keeping at home."

Professor McLaws says the community is never to blame.

"It's always the lack of leadership by epidemiologists, infection control experts, the government. We the people are only as good as the advice and the support that we're given," she says.

"I believe that we are beholden to look after our multicultural community. It has to be done with their culture, in their language, so they fully get it."
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 06:48:48 PM by 1965 »

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5279 on: July 12, 2020, 12:06:14 PM »

I will be replying to all the things that's been directed at me this pass fortnight this coming weekend when I have some time

My intention was to reply to all the stuff directed at me over the last fortnight today

But today family has to come first. After a pretty emotional day yesterday finishing off the cleaning out of my late Father in law's house for settlement next week... my family needs me more than this forum

I hope people will respect that.

Will only be posting about footy for the next few days