Author Topic: Deledio Must Move  (Read 7492 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Deledio Must Move
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2011, 01:54:03 PM »
Surely we need more than 2 good ball users off half back. Currently the team has three at minimum unless matchups require additional tall defenders.

I agree that Newman and Connors are the obvious selections but the third small back would need to found to assist with midfield rotations, deliever the ball off half back and be able to shut down an opponent - no easy task. Conca and Batchelor could both fill this role (Batchelor particulary as he was recruited specifically for this role) but at this stage of the season and given their extrodinary lack of experience, is now the time to do this???

Webberley made a fair fist of it last season in his first year and that was the position/role he was drafted for.  Any of the Coburg watchers know what his current status is?  He didn't play at all in the pre-season that I can recall?

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2011, 02:17:13 PM »
play him on the wing, and use him they way the use Edwards,
Pushing through the corridor.
Must be the release player and would like to see him as the "'inside F 50 "" player,
he is a great kick, club havent forgotten about that it seems.
"If " i coached him, the simple instruction would be is to "'play between the arcs""

Agree with Jack 100%. Lids is a ripper of a kick and he has plenty of toe so it seems logical that he'd be best suited on the wing.
Jack who would you replace him with in the backline? Connors? Morton? someone else??

jackstar is back again

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2011, 02:32:28 PM »
Dimma has Connors and Morton to play on wings it seems.
Injuries have played a big part on the structure of the back 6. with Farmer and Moore unavailable.
Would possibly use Houli off half back. Farmer to play on opposition small forward with tall backs being Moore,Astbury,Thursfield, McGaune and Grimes, take your pick. Newman to marshall the troops with Batchelor playing off half back as well.
Why then play Lids in D50 ????????????? :banghead :banghead :banghead

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2011, 06:32:54 PM »
I agree, he can't keep playing in D50, we need some drive up the ground.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2011, 09:28:51 PM »
Surely we need more than 2 good ball users off half back. Currently the team has three at minimum unless matchups require additional tall defenders.

I agree that Newman and Connors are the obvious selections but the third small back would need to found to assist with midfield rotations, deliever the ball off half back and be able to shut down an opponent - no easy task. Conca and Batchelor could both fill this role (Batchelor particulary as he was recruited specifically for this role) but at this stage of the season and given their extrodinary lack of experience, is now the time to do this???

Webberley made a fair fist of it last season in his first year and that was the position/role he was drafted for.  Any of the Coburg watchers know what his current status is?  He didn't play at all in the pre-season that I can recall?

On saturday he did OK. Got involved a fair bit without doing anything spectacular - good or bad.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2011, 10:00:34 PM »
Think if you go back a year or 2 may find I raised this issue, thing was at the time we needed someone to shore up down back even though I still didn't like it. This year is the time to start moving him around. Play him centre moving forward we have another 20 odd goalkicker and he can move back in games where/as needed.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2011, 03:19:12 PM »
Was a superstar at HB last year. Maintain the status quo and hope he plays better this week.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2011, 03:53:34 PM »
wouldn't be too hard
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2011, 11:41:08 PM »
So he was obviously moved going by his stats, BOG and a goal....amazing that. Unfortunately he may find himself back there next week thanks to McGuane, I hope not, he needs to play up the ground now regardless.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2011, 11:45:17 PM »
Jet

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2011, 12:04:52 AM »
Hats off Brett, takes a good player to play a great game. Takes a great player to play a bad game cop stick from all sorts and come out and play a great game.

I expect a lot from Lids, maybe to much at times but he was sensational tonight. Gave Goddard a bath, that is a massive scalp.
Go Tigers!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2011, 12:08:15 AM »
Cracks me up when people bag Lids
The guy has been our #1 player for 3 years now

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2011, 12:11:31 AM »

Dead right..!! :thumbsup

"Rucks:

tony_montana

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2011, 12:13:53 AM »

PPL bag him sometimes bc they know he's capable of that, if he displays that form he'll be in the top 5 players in the AFL by seasons end - where he belongs! 30 touches, clutch goal and shutdown of prob the leagues best player all at once is pretty special. Step it up Brett and become a star

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2011, 12:16:43 AM »

I'm a culprit for a bit to much 'Lid' love but his criticism for last week was warranted.

All class tonight hitting back at the critics.
Go Tigers!