Author Topic: Changes for next week's game against the Hawks?  (Read 7556 times)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for next week's game against the Hawks?
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2011, 07:18:48 AM »
Foley out.
Spongehead Bob in.

Wats the point ?
He's surfing on the talent around him and they have al passed him by.

While that is true I still think it i worth giving him a few weeks to see whether he can make the step back up again.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2011, 01:16:46 PM »
Grigg mentioned Thursty as the obvious option to replace McGuane if he gets rubbed out.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2011, 01:26:32 PM »
I dont think Astbury has been that bad.
He has been pretty quiet in terms of possessions, but he still has poise in tight situations down back.
Definitely wouldn't drop him. Nor Nahas, he has been a spark.
 i dont mind if our kids get caught holding the ball every now and then. At least they are trying to create movement. So much better than watching them chip it around until we cough it up.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2011, 01:29:34 PM »
He has been pretty quiet in terms of possessions, but he still has poise in tight situations down back.
 i dont mind if our kids get caught holding the ball every now and then. At least they are trying to create movement. So much better than watching them chip it around until we cough it up.

:yep
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2011, 01:47:56 PM »

:yep X2
Unleash the tornado

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2011, 01:52:24 PM »
I agree totally. Much rather players who are creative, exciting, running and carrying, taking on the oponent. Better than boring chipping backwards and going nowhere.
Nahas stays IMO.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2011, 02:16:33 PM »
Thursfield and Tuck in.
Unfortunately believe McGuane is gone. Connors out.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2011, 02:35:51 PM »
OUT: McGuane (susp.)
        Edwards
        Nahas
        Connors

IN:  Thursfield
      Grimes
      Webberley
      Tuck

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2011, 03:02:10 PM »
        Edwards
        Nahas
        Connors

Grimes
      Webberley
      Tuck
You're kidding yourself

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2011, 04:42:32 PM »
        Edwards
        Nahas
        Connors

Grimes
      Webberley
      Tuck
You're kidding yourself

Why am I kidding myself? Luke will be rubbed out,and Thursfield is an obvious replacement. Grimes, Webberley and Tuck all played very well for Coburg, as did Nason, who I couldn't quite fit in. Connors did nothing as usual. He may be a commentators favourite, but he aint mine. Nahas continues to run around in tight circles before falling over and coughing it up. Have another look at the replay, and take note of just how few of his posessions actually found a teammate. It's one thing to be encouraged to take the game on. It's another thing to actually have some awareness and make the right decisions. And Edwards was hardly sighted, and when he was his kicks were still dribbling along the ground. He must be skating on thin ice.   

tony_montana

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2011, 06:22:02 PM »
funny thing is I reckon Connors is showing more signs of being an afl footballer this season than last and believe you me I am no fan of his. His body looks leaner, stronger and signs are he looks like he's trying to think team first. Even though he's clearly underdone he runs more than he did last season! I'd stick with him at this stage let him build into the season.

Nahas out? give me a break hes the only one trying to break lines (and doing it) he's not even close to being dropped.

McGuane out Thursty in. Cant see too many more changes

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2011, 06:51:04 PM »
        Edwards
        Nahas
        Connors

Grimes
      Webberley
      Tuck

forgot contin to come in also

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2011, 08:24:41 PM »
1. You don't make 4 changes after a draw against last year's grand finalists
2. Nahas is doing what Dimma is telling him too, try to take the game on and break the lines
3. Edwards was tagged by Baker, got to ask why this was the case, clearly Saints rate him, only Richmond supporters don't
4. Tuck won't be in the side while Grigg & Jackson are playing so well. Tuck wasn't that good against Sandy, he did his typical bullocking bomb it long to no one trick he's always done. Connors is still under done but won't be dropped on his performance against the Saints, they need to find out if he's a long term player, not Tuck who we know isn't.

No one stood out enough in the Coburg game to demand selection so after such a close result against a top team there is no way that many changes will be made. Only changes will be forced and for matchups.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2011, 08:26:57 PM »
out nahas - sick of him taking on the world and always getting caught, he needs to know when to go or dish a handball off

That's what Hardwick has told him to do although I think the licence needs to be tightened when Robbie gets the ball in defense.

i dont but that crap, sure he has a licence but effing common sense must come first, when he snapped at goal to be a hero and kicked oof, he had 3 tiger players infront of him facing the goals who had a better shot , yet he had to be a hero and eff it up
thats being selfish and thinking u r better than u r, he hasnt a licence for that

should have been dragged for that

Another brainfade it would seem  ;D :police:

BTW I have finally sat down and watch the replay of rd 1 (dvd delivered Friday) and my views of the Nahas game has not changed  ;D but I digrese back to Friday night's effort. I will admit I had a chuckle as people around me were calling for him to be sent to oblivion after that kick for goal in the final qtr  ;D

Despite that I can't see Nahas being dropped. I'd drop him but can't see it happening

Agree that Astbury is really struggling but they will persist with him - can actually see him getting either Buddy or Roughie

Ins: Thursfield
Out: McGuane
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2011, 08:37:49 PM »
out nahas - sick of him taking on the world and always getting caught, he needs to know when to go or dish a handball off

That's what Hardwick has told him to do although I think the licence needs to be tightened when Robbie gets the ball in defense.

i dont but that crap, sure he has a licence but effing common sense must come first, when he snapped at goal to be a hero and kicked oof, he had 3 tiger players infront of him facing the goals who had a better shot , yet he had to be a hero and eff it up
thats being selfish and thinking u r better than u r, he hasnt a licence for that

should have been dragged for that

Another brainfade it would seem  ;D :police:

BTW I have finally sat down and watch the replay of rd 1 (dvd delivered Friday) and my views of the Nahas game has not changed  ;D but I digrese back to Friday night's effort. I will admit I had a chuckle as people around me were calling for him to be sent to oblivion after that kick for goal in the final qtr  ;D

Despite that I can't see Nahas being dropped. I'd drop him but can't see it happening

Agree that Astbury is really struggling but they will persist with him - can actually see him getting either Buddy or Roughie

Ins: Thursfield
Out: McGuane

gee, i hope he wouldnt mark buddy, doubt he would, more like roughy..and he might go ok
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled