Author Topic: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]  (Read 236847 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond after Jackson Trengove
« Reply #90 on: June 22, 2011, 09:51:58 PM »
WTF are you smoking champ. Don't even entertain the idea

correct. Might as well get Knobel and patto back while we are at it.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #91 on: June 22, 2011, 10:06:13 PM »
Could end up with Scully, Trengove and Martin LMAO

Different Trengove gerks.

But on another note, since this rumor rose it's head I have been one to back the club getting him and I will until after he lands at Punt Road. He would have to be our priority during trade week, the club would fail themselves and us supporters should they not have a decent crack at getting this guy to the club.

Offer up Edwards, White and/or a second/third round draft pick for him.

Not sure if he should be our number one trade target this year with Mitch Clark a distinct possibility.... :-\

How old is Mitch Clark compared to Trengove Stripes, if he is in the same age bracket then I would agree with you. Otherwise Trengove IMO, would have to be no 1 on our radar.
Mitch Clark is 23 (d.o.b. 19/10/87). He should've been a Tiger in the first place but we drafted JON instead  :scream. I don't think we'll get him anyway even if we were willing to give up a lot for him. You'd think he'd want to head home to a WA club if he was to leave Brisbane.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #92 on: June 22, 2011, 10:10:54 PM »
Cam Wood. LMFAO

Trengrove for Edwards. Sounds good to me.

I dont think he is all that chop to be honest in the games ive seen.
Yep we wouldn't want to give up much for Trengove. Not sure why we would be interested if it's too fill a key defensive post as Carlisle and Chaplin are the main two key backmen at Port.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2011, 10:15:53 PM »
Could end up with Scully, Trengove and Martin LMAO

Different Trengove gerks.
I think he knew it was a different one WAT, bit of a play on words there  :birthday

Yeah I looked at it both ways, he could have also meant that we would be lucky enough to end up with the top 3 picks out of that draft, not knowing which Trengove they were talking about. But I realise it was tongue in cheek.. :thumbsup

Gerks usually has his tongue between the cheeks.

And I'm not sure we are in 'dire' need of key defenders. Depending on Moore's status we still have good potential for Astbury, Post, Grimes and Rance to step up.

I'm not saying we have the right mix now but dire need is a bit strong. And to be honest I wouldn't put Trengove much above what we have now.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #94 on: June 22, 2011, 10:40:32 PM »
And I'm not sure we are in 'dire' need of key defenders. Depending on Moore's status we still have good potential for Astbury, Post, Grimes and Rance to step up.

I'm not saying we have the right mix now but dire need is a bit strong. And to be honest I wouldn't put Trengove much above what we have now.
I agree with the last bit but we are badly in need of a big body defender with footy smarts who the entire backline can be built around (also badly need a quality ruckman obviously). We leak soft goals like a sieve especially against the better sides. We've seen what a difference Jamieson has done to Carlton's backline. They were just as leaky and small down back as us now yet now they are more solid defensively which has pushed them up to being a top 4 side.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #95 on: June 22, 2011, 10:46:19 PM »
Carlton have also found a gem in Curnow as well as reinventing Yarran in defence also, but I get your point MT. :thumbsup

I think we need a Harry Taylor type in defence. Take on the monsters as well as having the capacity to take contested marks in the backline. Who can remember his matchwinning or matchsaving mark in the 2009 GF.

I think Rance can fit that bill but another one like Harry would be nice.

gerkin greg

« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2011, 11:02:22 PM »

Usually yours  :-*

Something about the fibre up in Castlemaine, just tastes... better

I have this wet dream we bring in Scully, McIntosh, Trengove and O'Meara this off-season whilst retaining our first rounder and the tambo compo and blokes like Graham, Connors, Morton and McGuane disappear into the pink part of a rainbow...

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2011, 12:13:51 AM »

Usually yours  :-*

Something about the fibre up in Castlemaine, just tastes... better

I have this wet dream we bring in Scully, McIntosh, Trengove and O'Meara this off-season whilst retaining our first rounder and the tambo compo and blokes like Graham, Connors, Morton and McGuane disappear into the pink part of a rainbow...

What about Roy Gbiv?

Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Indigo Violet.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2011, 12:22:10 AM »
At 20 years of age Trengove could fit right into this team IMO, he has not yet developed body wise yet and could end up as a very big bodied defender. Imagine Trengove a bulked up and Rance down back with a fit Moore coming into the side, Grimes, Newman and Conca/Webberly/Batchalour/Astbury and that to me is a great back line to work on!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2011, 12:28:06 AM »
All nice in theory WAT. Just wouldn't want to pay overs for him.

A mid range player like Edwards who has been in the system 5 years would be an adequate swap. Even so I kind

of think that a deal involving someone like McGuane. Like for Like. Been in the system for 5 years and will fit

right in at Alberton not being the number 1 defender behind Carlisle.

gerkin greg

« Reply #100 on: June 23, 2011, 12:38:27 AM »
What about Roy Gbiv?

Red Orange Yellow Green Blue Indigo Violet.

:lol

We have pink in our rainbows up here. Seems Old Roy was a bit of a homophobe and got the ass. That's what happens when your city is full of overweening Christian gays, no one thinks of the poor children or my dreams. It's all about the queers trying to convince everyone and themselves that the Lord God our Father loves them when deep down they know he doesn't and they're going to hell.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond in hunt for Port Adelaide utility Jackson Trengove (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #101 on: June 23, 2011, 02:04:31 AM »
Richmond in hunt for Port Adelaide utility Jackson Trengove

Steve Larkin
    June 23, 2011

PORT Adelaide utility Jackson Trengove is considering moving home to Victoria.

The emerging 20-year-old, out of contract at Port at season's end, is being chased by several Victorian clubs.

Richmond is believed to be the major suitor for Trengove, who this year became the youngest-ever member of Port's leadership group.

The 31-gamer returned to Melbourne when Port had the bye a fortnight ago and discussed his future with his manager and family.

"At this stage, it's not going to get decided until towards the end of the year," Trengove said yesterday.

"I'll sit down again with my manager towards the end of the year, and my family, and we'll work out that situation."

Trengove's reluctance to re-commit is troubling debt-ridden Port, which will be financially propped up by the AFL for the next three years.

The key-position player said he loved living in Adelaide, but acknowledged the lure of his family in Melbourne.

"They (family) do play a bit of a part, whether they're happy ... and it's fair to say most players would think about their family," he said.

Recruited by Port with pick 22 in the 2008 national draft, Trengove said elevation into the Power's leadership group had been an enormous benefit.

"It has been fantastic for my personal development," he said. "Obviously learning off (captain) Dom (Cassisi) and (vice-captain) Dean (Brogan), who are the elder statesmen in that group, has been terrific for me.

"We are developing as a group and learning each day."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-in-hunt-for-port-adelaide-utility-jackson-trengove/story-e6frf9jf-1226080190582

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2011, 12:58:04 PM »
Would people swap say Adelaides compo pick and Thursfield/Mc.Gone for him?

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: June 23, 2011, 01:10:55 PM »
Of course we would

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #104 on: June 23, 2011, 01:30:50 PM »
Now that he has made it known bargaining with Port may become even harder. Port will sit back and wait for the best offer. This deal could get done whoever gets him at 1:59 pm on the Friday at trade week. Just don't pay overs for him Tigers.