Author Topic: Andrew Krakouer threads [merged]  (Read 69002 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Andrew Krakouer found guilty of assault [merged]
« Reply #540 on: February 03, 2010, 02:29:38 AM »
Former AFL star Andrew Krakouer's rehabilitation through football will take another step tomorrow when he lines up against West Coast premiership stars Daniel Kerr, Darren Glass and Andrew Embley in a club scratch match at Subiaco Oval.

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/eagles-to-help-krakouers-return-from-prison-20100202-nas1.html

Ox

Re: Andrew Krakouer found guilty of assault [merged]
« Reply #541 on: February 03, 2010, 02:35:14 AM »
why are they in jail??

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Andrew Krakouer threads [merged]
« Reply #542 on: May 17, 2010, 05:16:22 AM »
Another Krak at AFL for Andrew Krakouer
Sam Edmund
Herald Sun
May 17, 2010

ANDREW Krakouer is poised to make an extraordinary return to AFL.

The former Richmond goalsneak, who spent more than a year in a West Australian jail for assault before he was released on parole in August, is dominating for WAFL club Swan Districts.

Krakouer's form eight matches into the season is so good that WA footy watchers regard him a certainty to get back on an AFL list by the end of the year.

The 27-year-old has already attracted interest from several AFL clubs as the footy world wakes up to the mature-age recruiting goldmine.

Krakouer, who played 102 games for the Tigers from 2001-2007, is averaging 25 disposals, four marks and six tackles a game, while helping himself to 13 goals.

He is a raging favourite for the Sandover Medal as best player in the WAFL.

Krakouer yesterday told the Herald Sun he had not let go of his AFL dream.

"Over the last couple of years there has been a few mature-age boys picked up and that certainly puts a different light on it," Krakouer said.

"A lot of people think once you hit your early 20s or mid-20s you haven't got a chance, but you never know what can happen.

"But something like that, if it was to happen, is a long way off. If something eventuates down the track I'll have to look at it and reassess it. I've just got to play my part for the team and make sure I keep doing what I'm doing."

Krakouer is working for Swan Districts full-time, mentoring indigenous youth in the Pilbara.

But he admitted returning to football after serving 11 months in Wooroloo Prison Farm, outside Perth, had caused him some anxiety.

"I obviously played a little bit of footy (in prison), but the competition wasn't the best.

"It was touch and go to see how it was going to pan out, but it's been very nice to step back into it, the transition has been nice and smooth and I've been able to have a bit of an impact which is good."

One AFL recruiter said Krakouer deserved the chance to resurrect his career.

"Gee, he is playing really good footy, there's no doubt about that. He's on fire," he said. "I hope he gets another opportunity. He should."

Gold Coast would appear Krakouer's most likely chance of a resurrection. The club's chief recruiter Scott Clayton was in WA last weekend. Clayton was reluctant to comment yesterday, only saying the Gold Coast was "appraising players all across the country".

Swan Districts football manager Matthew Peach said:

"He's just a step above WAFL footy, quite probably a few steps above WAFL footy, to be honest."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/another-krak-at-afl-for-andrew-krakouer/story-e6frf9jf-1225867469520

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Andrew Krakouer threads [merged]
« Reply #543 on: May 17, 2010, 09:42:19 AM »
Apparently Andy K is tearing it up and raising some interest as a potential mature age recruit.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/another-krak-at-afl-for-andrew-krakouer/story-e6frf9jf-1225867469520
Another Krak at AFL for Andrew Krakouer

* Sam Edmund
    * May 17, 2010 12:00AM

Andrew Krakouer

Former Richmond goalsneak Andrew Krakouer. Source: Herald Sun

ANDREW Krakouer is poised to make an extraordinary return to AFL.

The former Richmond goalsneak, who spent more than a year in a West Australian jail for assault before he was released on parole in August, is dominating for WAFL club Swan Districts.

Krakouer's form eight matches into the season is so good that WA footy watchers regard him a certainty to get back on an AFL list by the end of the year.

The 27-year-old has already attracted interest from several AFL clubs as the footy world wakes up to the mature-age recruiting goldmine.

Krakouer, who played 102 games for the Tigers from 2001-2007, is averaging 25 disposals, four marks and six tackles a game, while helping himself to 13 goals.

He is a raging favourite for the Sandover Medal as best player in the WAFL.

Krakouer yesterday told the Herald Sun he had not let go of his AFL dream.

"Over the last couple of years there has been a few mature-age boys picked up and that certainly puts a different light on it," Krakouer said.

"A lot of people think once you hit your early 20s or mid-20s you haven't got a chance, but you never know what can happen.

"But something like that, if it was to happen, is a long way off. If something eventuates down the track I'll have to look at it and reassess it. I've just got to play my part for the team and make sure I keep doing what I'm doing."

Krakouer is working for Swan Districts full-time, mentoring indigenous youth in the Pilbara.

But he admitted returning to football after serving 11 months in Wooroloo Prison Farm, outside Perth, had caused him some anxiety.

"I obviously played a little bit of footy (in prison), but the competition wasn't the best.

"It was touch and go to see how it was going to pan out, but it's been very nice to step back into it, the transition has been nice and smooth and I've been able to have a bit of an impact which is good."

One AFL recruiter said Krakouer deserved the chance to resurrect his career.

"Gee, he is playing really good footy, there's no doubt about that. He's on fire," he said. "I hope he gets another opportunity. He should."

Gold Coast would appear Krakouer's most likely chance of a resurrection. The club's chief recruiter Scott Clayton was in WA last weekend. Clayton was reluctant to comment yesterday, only saying the Gold Coast was "appraising players all across the country".

Swan Districts football manager Matthew Peach said:

"He's just a step above WAFL footy, quite probably a few steps above WAFL footy, to be honest."
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
Re: Krak's Bak
« Reply #544 on: May 17, 2010, 09:45:22 AM »
I'd love to see Andy back in the AFL, hopefully at Tigerland.

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #545 on: May 17, 2010, 09:51:45 AM »

i doubt thats part of the plan.  Indeed, why dont we get Frawley as well, and Billy Nicholls and that idiot Royce Vardy

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #546 on: May 17, 2010, 10:05:12 AM »
As much as it would be a great story and great to see him back our focus should be no older than 24 years old.

I'm glad he has 100 games at Tigerland. Someone give the main some heat lol.
Go Tigers!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #547 on: May 17, 2010, 04:56:49 PM »
I hope that's a joke

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #548 on: May 17, 2010, 08:50:18 PM »

That is systematically the craziest I have read on this forum especially with the path Hardwick has chosen to take with regards to recruiting. The chances of that hapenning are about 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000./1 and that is being generous.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #549 on: May 17, 2010, 10:00:41 PM »

:gobdrop :gobdrop

:nope :nope :nope
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #550 on: May 17, 2010, 10:24:40 PM »
You're a bit harsh there Bill.  ;)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #551 on: May 18, 2010, 07:20:08 AM »
You're a bit harsh there Bill.  ;)

Not really

I just don't see any benefit for either party to be honest.

If Krak was to play AFL again it would be in his best interests for it to be at another club

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #552 on: May 18, 2010, 08:01:27 PM »
As a romantic notion only would i like to see him return to Richmond.
Realistically he needs to go to another club, GC could suit him well i think.

I just wish him all the best if that is what he wants to do and it come to fruition for him.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #553 on: May 18, 2010, 09:00:16 PM »
No! >:(

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #554 on: May 18, 2010, 09:42:24 PM »