Author Topic: Andrew Krakouer threads [merged]  (Read 66132 times)

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: WA cops want to interview Krak over incident in Perth
« Reply #510 on: June 16, 2008, 08:11:00 PM »

wow - seven years in the system as an elite sportsman and at the end of it he's still behaving like a bogan. Very sad.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Andrew Krakouer found guilty of assault
« Reply #511 on: June 18, 2008, 06:41:21 PM »
Krakouer guility of assault
abc.net.au
Posted 25 minutes ago

The former Richmond AFL player Andrew Krakouer has been found guilty of bashing another man in a fight in a Fremantle car park.

24-year-old Krakouer and his brother Tyrone were convicted of charges relating to an assault on 24-year-old Justin Martin in December 2006.

A third man was found not guilty of involvement in the assault.

Krakouer is the son of Jimmy Krakouer who spent years in jail for drug offences.

More to come......................

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/06/18/2278955.htm?site=perth

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Andrew Krakouer found guilty of assault
« Reply #512 on: June 18, 2008, 06:50:27 PM »
Jury convicts Krakouer over assault
West Australian
18th June 2008, 16:15 WST

A District Court jury took three hours to convict former Richmond footballer Andrew Krakouer and his younger brother over a brutal attack in a carpark two years ago.

Andrew Krakouer, 24, was this afternoon convicted of the more serious charge against him of doing an act with intent which endangered the life, health or safety of another person.

His younger brother Tyrone Krakouer, 22, was convicted of the alternative charge of doing an act which endangers the life, health or safety of another person.

Their cousin, Elwyn Roger Colbung, 20, was aquitted on both charges.

Some Krakouer family members wept in court after the verdict was handed down.

District Court Judge Kate O'Brien said that the brothers were unlikely to receive non custodial sentences.

Prosecutor Bruno Fiannaca described Andrew Krakouer's attack in which he punched and kicked Justin Martin, 24, in a carpark near Mews Road on December 22, 2006, as "cowardly and vicious".

The trial had heard that Mr Martin suffered a fractured eye socket, cuts and bruises.

He later had kidney failure due to complications but recovered.

The Krakouer brothers have both been remanded in custody and are due to be sentenced on July 30.

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=77&ContentID=79628

Ox

Re: Andrew Krakouer found guilty of assault [merged]
« Reply #513 on: June 18, 2008, 07:09:39 PM »
sad,really sad.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #514 on: June 18, 2008, 07:17:34 PM »
It is sad isn't it. Krak's possibly facing 20 years in jail going by the following link :o.

Criminal Code Amendment Bill (No. 2) 2000
Part 4 Amendments about endangering life or healths.

page 14

(2) If a person, with an intent to harm, omits to do any act that it is the person’s duty to do, or does any act, as a result of which —
(a) bodily harm is caused to any person; or
(b) the life, health or safety of any person is or is likely to be endangered,

the person is guilty of a crime and is liable to imprisonment for 20 years

http://www.parliament.wa.gov.au/parliament/bills.nsf/05D1F42BB5F84D324825695A0022283C/$File/Bill017-1B.pdf
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ox

Doctor Krak
« Reply #515 on: June 18, 2008, 07:34:14 PM »
It is sad isn't it. Krak's possibly facing 20 years in jail going by the following link :o.

Criminal Code Amendment Bill (No. 2) 2000
Part 4 Amendments about endangering life or healths.

page 14

(2) If a person, with an intent to harm, omits to do any act that it is the person’s duty to do, or does any act, as a result of which —
(a) bodily harm is caused to any person; or
(b) the life, health or safety of any person is or is likely to be endangered,

the person is guilty of a crime and is liable to imprisonment for 20 years

http://www.parliament.wa.gov.au/parliament/bills.nsf/05D1F42BB5F84D324825695A0022283C/$File/Bill017-1B.pdf

He must have a pooh legal team.

Half of the jest of the actual charge sounds as though it were written
to prevent medical malpractice,not to be applied to a common assault.

Why not the normal assault charge ?

Did they even try and appeal the severity of the charge ?

It really is a stuff king joke.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #516 on: June 18, 2008, 07:47:00 PM »
I think he was orginally charged with assult []())([]... but it was upgraded after they received a medical report or something.

What a mess  :-\

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #517 on: June 18, 2008, 08:14:47 PM »
I think he was orginally charged with assult []())([]... but it was upgraded after they received a medical report or something.

What a mess  :-\
Yep you're right WP.

The word "intent" alters the sentence length from 5 years up to 20 years going by the above link. His brother was convicted of the lesser charge.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

richmondrules

Andrew Krakouer faces a possible prison sentence (Herald Sun)
« Reply #518 on: June 18, 2008, 08:52:23 PM »
Andrew Krakouer faces a possible prison sentence

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23885062-661,00.html

FORMER AFL star Andrew Krakouer faces a possible prison sentence after being found guilty of assaulting a Perth man with intent to do him bodily harm.

A District Court jury in Perth today returned a guilty verdict against the 24-year-old former Richmond footballer, while also finding his brother, Tyrone Krakouer, 22, guilty of assault.

The three had pleaded not guilty to assaulting Justin Martin, 24, in a Fremantle carpark in December 2006.

The prosecution alleged they had kicked him around the head and upper body after a fight outside a nearby nightclub.

The badly injured Mr Martin had a seizure after being taken to hospital following the attack.

Both Andrew Krakouer and his brother, who have been on bail, were remanded in custody and will be sentenced on July 30.

Justice Kate O'Brien ordered Andrew to undergo a psychological assessment, while she said Tyrone Krakouer should be given "time to think about his motivations."

She ordered a pre-sentence report on Tyrone Krakouer.

She said she was "not persuaded at this stage that a non-custodial disposition is a likelihood''.

"Each of you will be remanded ... it is still a mystery to me as to why you went over the top that night," she said.

"There must be some underlying issues there."

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #519 on: June 20, 2008, 02:09:47 PM »
Our legal system is seriously screwed!! :banghead Krak could get 20 years for what he did and Mark Galante who planned his wife's murder in advance and then shot his then pregnant wife in the back of the head in front of their young child and then dumped her body in the bush and cried and pleaded on National television for someone to find her only gets 27.....yes 27 F@#&ing years!!!!

An absolute disgrace!!!!!!!  :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #520 on: June 20, 2008, 05:01:27 PM »

Calm down Tiga - you never know what goes into these decisions unless you are in court to hear.

I asked a barrister friend in Perth who does most of his work for Aboriginal Legal Service what he thought Krak would get - he said 18 months with parole - but that's of course only his opinion.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #521 on: June 20, 2008, 11:57:19 PM »
mjs I'm more passionate about the Galante case than Krak's. He should have gotten life. Premeditated murderers should be locked up forever! He terminated 2 lives with his gutless act even though the courts can only officially recognise one. I know Krak won't do anywhere near 20 if any at all but to only have 7 years difference between them makes you wonder whatever happend to "term of natural life" sentences for such heinous crimes. I'm not attempting to hikack this thread, I just felt that 20 years for Krak and 27 years for Galante just doesn't make sense. You don't have to be in court to know that Galante SHould be locked up forever!!!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Andrew Krakouer jailed for 16 months
« Reply #522 on: July 30, 2008, 01:20:55 PM »
Andrew Krakouer jailed for nightclub attack
Todd Cardy, court reporter
July 30, 2008 10:15am

FORMER AFL star Andrew Krakouer has been jailed for a minimum of 16 months for a vicious and brutal assault outside a Fremantle nightclub.

District Court Judge Kate O'Brien today sentenced the 25-year-old former Richmond Tiger for assault causing bodily harm to 24-year-old Justin Martin by kicking him in the head and upper body during a fight on December 22 2006.

Krakouer was sentenced to 4 years jail but that term was cut to 32 months under the state's Truth in Sentencing laws.

He is eligible for parole in 16 months with the term backdated to June 18 this year.

Judge O'Brien described the assault as "vicious and cowardly" and said people going about their daily lives in Fremantle did not deserve to see such "mindless violence".

A large number of personal references were today submitted to the court on Krakouer's behalf, including a full statement from the Richmond Tigers football team, which detailed his leadership skills and mentoring abilities.

She said that from the evidence it appeared that Andrew Krakouer had acted "out of character".

"The attack was unprovoked, persistent and brutal … It seems to be out of your nature, Andrew Krakouer," Judge O'Brien said.

Before the sentence was handed down Krakouer made a personal statement to the judge telling her that he was remorseful for his actions and that he wished he could take it back.

"I am sorry and I would certainly change what happened but I can't," Krakouer told the court. "It has been devastating for my family … I am so remorseful."

The court heard that an immediate jail sentence would be devastating for his football career.

"Football provided a stable influence on your life and without this you anticipate life may prove challenging for you", Judge O'Brien said.

Krakouer's famous footballing father Jimmy Krakouer sat in the public gallery to watch his son be sentenced today.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,24100336-5005401,00.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Leon Davis salutes jailed Andrew Krakouer (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #523 on: September 08, 2008, 05:38:52 AM »
Leon Davis salutes jailed Andrew Krakouer
Jon Ralph | September 08, 2008

LEON Davis yesterday revealed his handcuffs imitation against Adelaide was a tribute to jailed friend Andrew Krakouer.

Former Richmond footballer Krakouer was jailed for a minimum of 16 months in late July after being found guilty of assaulting a man outside a Fremantle nightclub.

But while Krakouer's AFL career is over, Davis sent him a message of support on national TV after a first-quarter goal.

He crossed his hands in what was initially believed to be a reference to his children Shakari and Levi, whose names he has tattooed on his wrists.

But yesterday he said he was supporting Krakouer, whose father Jim was jailed for drug offences.

"I got a phone call from a good mate of mine, Andy Krakouer, before the game. So I had a chat to him and he asked me to do something for him. So I put the wrists together," Davis told Triple M.

"He is in prison back in WA and I thought I would so something for him, which was good."

Davis said Krakouer was in good spirits and was being supported by his younger brother Tyrone, also in jail for his part in the assault.

"He was pretty upbeat. He is in there with his brother, so he said it's not too bad, and he won't be there much longer. It was good to have a chat to him," Davis said.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24308933-19742,00.html

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #524 on: September 08, 2008, 09:57:09 AM »
i have no sympathy for these fools who go around hitting people.
lock him up and throw away the key.

krackour=loser

like father like.............
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.