Author Topic: Andrew Krakouer threads [merged]  (Read 66131 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Andrew Krakouer Delisted
« Reply #495 on: November 13, 2007, 06:55:08 PM »
imo i also think these players have been "saved" for one more yr because its commonly thought that this yrs draft is weak and next yrs will be much stronger

so it would be a better strategic move to have a bigger clean out after next season than the one just passed
Agree X. With such a shallow draft, finding a kid that makes it a AFL level after pick 30 will be like striking gold.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #496 on: November 13, 2007, 09:50:28 PM »
imo i also think these players have been "saved" for one more yr because its commonly thought that this yrs draft is weak and next yrs will be much stronger

so it would be a better strategic move to have a bigger clean out after next season than the one just passed
Agree X. With such a shallow draft, finding a kid that makes it a AFL level after pick 30 will be like striking gold.

i dunno why people are putting down this draft. it may not be as strong as last but i'd expect the number of kids that make it will be similar to other years

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #497 on: November 13, 2007, 11:15:40 PM »

i dunno why people are putting down this draft. it may not be as strong as last but i'd expect the number of kids that make it will be similar to other years

There have been some very astute picks come round 4 and 5 of the draft over the years. Look at blokes like James Hird get picked up at 79. I am sure there are others also after pick 50 or so just too late for me to think of them.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #498 on: November 13, 2007, 11:23:50 PM »

I guess everyone is comparing it to last year's superdraft where kids like Westhoff and Goldsack walked into their club's respective 22 despite being late pick-ups. We got Connors at 58 and some phantom drafts like Weaver's had him top 10.

Recruiters are going to have to earn their money this year after pick 30.

Offline whitetiger

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #499 on: November 14, 2007, 02:13:02 AM »
whitetiger - a message of support and best wishes for the future to Andrew might be more constructive.  :)

Yeah already on that. Did that a few days ago.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #500 on: December 13, 2007, 08:52:36 PM »
Not confirmed but Krak could end up playing for South Fremantle in the WAFL next year (subject to court case of course).

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #501 on: December 13, 2007, 09:08:45 PM »
Krak - best hands in the AFL.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #502 on: December 13, 2007, 09:10:25 PM »

Ox

« Reply #503 on: December 13, 2007, 10:17:19 PM »

Best Hands in the Nik.

T2

« Reply #504 on: December 13, 2007, 11:59:02 PM »

too bad he couldnt run away from a snail

Offline Struggletown

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #505 on: December 14, 2007, 11:00:43 AM »
LMAO.

Delisted 3 years too late IMO.

Never saw the alleged 'magic' he possessed.
I just saw a lazy one paced plodder who could tackle well because he was usually second to the ball.
Drink,Drugs and Shagging models.
The rest l just wasted.
  George Best on where his millions went

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #506 on: December 20, 2007, 06:57:40 PM »
Krakouer coup for Swans
20th December 2007, 11:00 WST

Dumped Richmond forward Andrew Krakouer will get a chance to resurrect his career with Swan Districts in the WAFL as another chapter unfolds in the story of one of WA’s controversial football families.

Full article at: http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=12&ContentID=51707

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
Krakouer gets more time to negotiate
« Reply #507 on: February 06, 2008, 08:12:20 PM »
It has been reported that Andrew Krakouer has been given seven more weeks to negotiate with West Australian prosecutors his indictment over a serious assualt charge.

In July last year, the charges were upgraded to intending to assualt occasioning bodily harm which carries a maximum penalty of 20 years jail.

He is remanded until February 28.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Krakouer gets more time to negotiate
« Reply #508 on: February 07, 2008, 12:47:37 AM »
Thanks for that Mopsy. It says Andy is still going to plead not guilty so he's obviously going to fight the charge.

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=145&ContentID=57279

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Krak 'provoked by king-hit'
« Reply #509 on: June 16, 2008, 06:27:14 PM »
AFL star 'provoked by king-hit'
Warwick Stanley
June 10, 2008

A PERTH man who says he was attacked by former AFL star Andrew Krakoeur has admitted "king-hitting" him when the pair first crossed paths some years ago.

Justin Martin, 24, told the District Court in Perth today that in 2001 he had struck the footballer at a Fremantle nightclub shortly after Krakoeur had joined the Richmond club in Melbourne.

Mr Martin said he had thrown the punch without warning amid a long-standing feud between female members of his own family and the Krakoeur clan.

He said when the pair next met outside a Fremantle nightclub in December 2006, Krakoeur had challenged him to a fight, recalling the king-hit and saying "let's sort it out now".

Andrew Krakoeur, 24, his brother Tyrone Krakoeur, 22 and their cousin Elwyn Colbung, 20, have each pleaded not guilty to a charge of assaulting Martin with intent to cause bodily harm.

The charge carries a maximum penalty of 20 years jail.

The prosecution alleges the three carried out a brutal attack on Mr Martin in a Fremantle carpark, kicking him around the head and upper body after the fight outside the nightclub.

The badly injured Mr Martin had a seizure after being taken to hospital, probably as a result of the beating, prosecutor Bruno Fiannaca has told the court.

Cross-examined today by John Prior for Krakoeur, Mr Martin agreed his sister Carly had said "make him pee", which meant take him on, after Andrew Krakoeur had challenged him to a fight.

He said he told Krakoeur "You play AFL", knowing that he played for Richmond, to which Krakoeur had replied "I don't give a f**k".

He said they had then taken off their shirts and that Krakoeur had thrown the first punch, before they exchanged blows to the body and head.

He had tried to flee after he had fallen to the ground and Tyrone had kicked him in the head after what he said to that point had been a "fair fight".

Mr Martin said he had jumped over a railway fence and ended up in a car park, where he had been attacked by the three men.

He said he had struck Andrew Krakouer in the face when he had been trapped between cars and was "left with no option".

"I went into a position on the ground. I felt blows to my body and head. For a while I covered up," he said.

"Then after a while, (when I was on the ground), I could see Andrew."

Mr Martin said he did not remember seeing Andrew strike him before he lost consciousness.

He said he only remembered being taken away in an ambulance and waking up in hospital.

Under questioning by Mr Prior, Mr Martin admitted to convictions for aggravated assault and aggravated burglary.

The three accused remain on bail and the hearing continues.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23842594-5005961,00.html