Author Topic: Andrew Krakouer threads [merged]  (Read 69133 times)

Bulluss

Re: Krakouer is soft as butter
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2005, 09:32:13 PM »
I am interested as to what the Herald Sun calls a "Clanger"?

I have just been studying our stats and Krak had 7 for the day out of the team total of 32.

I am not trying to put a bad light on his game coz i thought he was pretty good but i dont remember seeing him make that many mistakes.

Ox

« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2005, 10:16:54 AM »
How much of a stabling influence would Jimmy be on the young Krak?
You'd expect the old man to bring out the best in his son as it seems they have a pretty special relationship.
Was great to see him arrive and leave with his Dad the other week.
I predict this to be the start of Krakouer Magic as we knew it.

blx

« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2005, 09:39:53 PM »
If Pettifer gets tackled with the ball and gets dispossesed at least he tried - or seemed to have tried because he had intensity splashed all over his face to the point of turning red - yet Krak does the same thing and its the cry ropable. Both players end with the same result yet because Pettifer showed strain he'd most likely escape the harsher judgement.

Don't be fooled by Kraks intensity cause its there in oodles which brings me to my point in that i think its Kraks easy going style of play that irks supporters and not his lack of endeavour or footy smarts as some seem to think.

I too have been tempted with the thought of a spell in the twos, if only just to make him aware that his position in team is as valuable to him as it is to anyone else on the list. It worked wonders for someone else who seemed to cop the same treatment around this time last year although I believe there are others in line for the twos before we get talking about Kraks.

anyone?

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2005, 01:01:25 AM »
Krakouer goes full bore on the field. It's what he does off the field that's really in question.

You can try all you like on the field, if you haven't done the roadwork and strength work, you will be found wanting on the field.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2005, 05:02:13 AM »
I would argue that Kayne's copped a heap more mud from supporters than Krakouer ever has since they've come at Tigerland due to Kayne being a first round draft pick. Nearly everyone had Pettifer as a  certain delisting until he just saved himself with a couple of decent games towards the end of last year in defence and across HB. If we didn't have so many others also worthy of getting the flick then Kayne could've still been in trouble. He's lucky Terry had some believe in his football abilities. Still Kayne has got to sustain his form for the whole year to be safe otherwise the young cubs coming through will replace him. 

Krakouer showed on the weekend what he is capable off in patches. He still needs to add on more muscle and work on his endurance before he can move up into a higher level of performance and consistency. Obviously has that sublime skill his dad and uncle were famous for.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2005, 09:21:35 AM »
Agree with JohnF.  Krakour needs to do more on the training track, probably even more than his teamates, coz it seems that he's got a lower stamina base than anyone else.  It was evident on Sunday.  He was busting his backside, and in the early stages when he had enough in the tank he was dominating.  But then the tank emptied and he was found wanting and was caught and tackled quite often.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Sarah

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2005, 12:23:56 PM »
Youse guys! Andy's one of the best things to happen to Richmond in a long time and I love watching him do what he does - mistakes 'n all, he's pure excitement on legs. He's copping a lot more attention from the opposition than he used to, that's all. And as the team improves, so will the opportunities for our Andy. Can't wait.

Offline MikeetIGER

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
!
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2005, 04:42:08 AM »
Would just like to say i love Andy.  He has so much ability; vision, skill, cleanest of hands, etc... but am also so dissapointed in his lack of endurance and his inability to produce longer spells of his brilliance.  Goes missing for far too long which just isn't good enough for someone of Krakouers ability. 

By the way Om21, you know my bro Newman on PRE.  You've met him a few times too eh?  Gotta disagree with u on your opinion of Bowden.  He is easily in our best 5 or so players.  Ur underestimating his value and class.  Big shame losing Hartigan.  He is exactly the player we need at the Tiges.  Strong, aggressive, attacking and backs himself running off HB.  Love watching him play.  Takes on the opposition and plays thru the corridor. Massive loss.  We have buckley's chance of beating the Dockers on Sunday.  Especially with Johnson out as well, we will get slaughtered in the midfield.  They have a very strong list, but who knows.

GO TIGES!!

GO TIGES!!!

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2005, 08:42:23 PM »
When Bowden was dropped, he bounced back to win a B&F. It could have a similar effect on Krakouer

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2005, 05:37:15 AM »
Unlike Bowden at that time, Krakouer doesn't deserve to be dropped back to Coburg based on form. Plus it won't help him improve playing in a Coburg side that's getting thumped by over 10 goals each week. In fact that's not preferable for any of our young guys' development there  :(.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2005, 09:06:49 PM »
Not a day for Andy to get his knockers off his back. Apart from Staff a pitiful display from all our forwards.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2005, 09:42:21 AM »
Not a day for Andy to get his knockers off his back. Apart from Staff a pitiful display from all our forwards.
the delivery into th efwd line was pathetic, and as for krak, i am his biggest fan but he just seemed to be somewhere else last night1 he is usually our hardest player under all th epacks and our best tackler , maybe he was ill or not feeling well. if he wasnt then then i belive he should be dropped to coburb for 1 week, just to touch some footy, he seemd to be not even 1/2 at it but a 1/4 at it, many times he had a chance to win his own ball but just stood stagnent! very unlike him

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
Re: !
« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2005, 09:52:40 AM »
By the way Om21, you know my bro Newman on PRE.  You've met him a few times too eh?  Gotta disagree with u on your opinion of Bowden.  He is easily in our best 5 or so players.  Ur underestimating his value and class. 

Yeia xara! Spoke to your bro last night as well......Regarding Bowdo, Sunday was a clear exmaple of why he is our most overated player. His body language is pitiful and I tell you for a guy who was in the running for captain, tells me we are miles away from having a decent leader.

As for Krak.....say what you like but his time is up. Its not the possessions, but more so is inability to do what was special about him and that is harass. He just looks lost out there and I think on Sunday I did not see him under one pack. As our sole crumbing forwrad, we need a lot better and I think within the month he will see some time at the Burgers.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2005, 04:13:11 PM »
How can people bag Bowden who was one of our best on Sunday.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Bulluss

« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2005, 08:24:56 PM »
Bowden was back to his best, playing unaccountable football and picking up cheap possesions.

He just roams around the ground and shows no respect for his opponent.

For one of our leaders, he is a disgrace.