Author Topic: Andrew Krakouer threads [merged]  (Read 69132 times)

letsgetiton!

Re: Krakouer is soft as butter
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2005, 06:48:12 AM »
Bowden was back to his best, playing unaccountable football and picking up cheap possesions.

He just roams around the ground and shows no respect for his opponent.

For one of our leaders, he is a disgrace.
i agree and u forgot his sloppy disposal

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2005, 09:26:44 AM »
Bowden was back to his best, playing unaccountable football and picking up cheap possesions.

He just roams around the ground and shows no respect for his opponent.

For one of our leaders, he is a disgrace.

Thank god someone else can see this.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2005, 10:29:14 AM »
All you Bowden bashers refer to my post in the "show faith" thread.

I know Ox and JohnF will support me there.  ;D
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2005, 12:33:35 PM »
All you Bowden bashers refer to my post in the "show faith" thread.

I know Ox and JohnF will support me there.  ;D

Harry I think we're fighting a losing cause here. Joel's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. If he's running and creating then he's not accountable and if he's playing tight then he's giving us no drive. If he kicks long to a contest and it gets turned over it's a clanger, if he kicks it short then he's not following the game plan. At one stage he was the only tiger in a contest with 3 saints, he won the ball and had no team mate run to support...and yes you guessed it, it was all Joel's fault that the saints ended up winning possession.

As you pointed out, everyone loves Chubba....compare his game as loose man to Macguires :banghead :banghead I know whose game I preferred.

I note people say he showed no leadership on Sunday...beg to differ. Watched him go up and have a few words to Deledio when Staff ignored his lead in the pocket. Watched him have a few words to Richo when the big man was clearly getting frustrated. Saw him constantly giving pats on the backside when someone did something good (ok it wasn't that many then) and talking to his team mates at stoppages. Showed a lot more leadership than Brown on this occasion.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2005, 12:44:09 PM »
Harry I think we're fighting a losing cause here. Joel's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. If he's running and creating then he's not accountable and if he's playing tight then he's giving us no drive. If he kicks long to a contest and it gets turned over it's a clanger, if he kicks it short then he's not following the game plan. At one stage he was the only tiger in a contest with 3 saints, he won the ball and had no team mate run to support...and yes you guessed it, it was all Joel's fault that the saints ended up winning possession.

Hmmm I think had a similar conversation on the weekend  :rollin ;D

I agree that on most occassions it is a case of damned if he does damned if he doesn't. But on Sunday IMHO it was his choices that were the most disappointing. I am also well aware of what the game plan is fast attacking footy which includes carrying the ball with plenty of running but my arguement is this:

If he has the ball in the oppositions forward 50, and he has 2 choices either kicking it long to centre corridor where he has a teammate in a one on one contest with other teammates running forward or for the 2nd choice it is to chip kick it to a teammate who isn't moving and has 4 opponents around him which is the best option for the team? Thhat scenario happened a few times on Sunday and it frustrates the heck out me - and may I add Joel wasn't the only one who was guilty of it
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005, 12:47:36 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

letsgetiton!

MY THEORY ON KRAK and HIS POOR FORM
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2005, 06:45:20 AM »
we all know andy krak has not been his usual self. i personally am starting to get worried and had a theory or feeling that he wants to be a roo! his father was a legend there and has a role to as a mentoring some of the "brotherhood" there.
i think the tigers should really start considering thinking about a direct trade with the kangas at years end, something tells me since his step father "spud" has gone he no longer feels confortable at the club.
now this is just a theory i have , imnot quoting anyone or saying i have heard a whisper, but i would have thought since jimmy was out of the can and watching him play he would have actually turned up a gear instead he has shifted the gear stick to neutral!

this is from "the age"

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2005/04/27/1114462102011.html

Kicking on with Krakouer
April 28, 2005

Jimmy Krakouer, flanked by new charges Daniel Wells, left, and Eddie Sansbury, takes a break from bombing in goals from the boundary line.
Photo: Vince Caligiuri

Three young Aboriginal players have welcomed Jimmy Krakouer as their mentor. Karen Lyon reports.

Training at Arden Street is almost complete but Jim Krakouer is still taking shots at goal from the boundary line underneath the fading Harold Henderson Pavilion.

With the former North Melbourne champion are Daniel Wells and Eddie Sansbury. It's all smiles and laughs and goals. Just like in his glory days, when he teamed brilliantly with his younger brother Phil, Jim Krakouer doesn't miss.

"He just slots them through from the boundary line," said Sansbury admiringly. "He just puts them through easy."

It has become a Wednesday morning ritual at the Kangaroos. Krakouer having a kick with Wells, Sansbury and the injured Daniel Motlop, offering a few words of advice and a bit of support before the main training session begins.

advertisement

advertisement

"He just tells me the simple things that everybody else seems to forget to tell you," says Wells. "He says: 'Just go out and have fun, enjoy yourself; if you have a bad game forget about it, there is always next week to redeem yourself.' Just the simple small things."

Krakouer has returned to Arden Street as a mentor for the Roos' talented trio of indigenous players. The move has reconnected him to the game he loved after serving more than eight years' jail in Western Australia for drug trafficking.

He is thrilled to be back, and has already developed a deep bond with Wells, Sansbury and Motlop.

"I love it," Krakouer said yesterday. "Dean (Laidley) and the rest of the Kanga people have all made me feel welcome, and the players, it's been really good."

Krakouer is modest about his role at Arden Street.

"We all get on well and respect one and other, so things have been good. I don't tell them much about footy because they can all play pretty well themselves. I just like watching them play, when I go to the games. I like watching them have good games, with the rest of the Kangas boys."

Motlop believes he has plenty to learn from the Krakouer brothers. He has asked Jim to bring in videos of his games to see their famous magic first hand.

"I asked him today actually: 'Did you actually look for each other?' He said: 'No, Phil just happened to be there,' " Motlop said. "It's the same with me and Wellsy - we don't really look for each, but I know that when he gets the ball, I am going to lead harder because he is going to kick it to me."

It delights Motlop to hear the awe in which North Melbourne people hold Krakouer.

"It's how they speak about him. I haven't heard many people spoken about like that. You get Wayne Carey, about how good he was, and Jimmy, and because he is indigenous too, and I know how much they respect him. That helps me."

Sansbury has found Krakouer a willing and patient listener, a sounding board and reliable confidant.

"I can talk to him about stuff that I wouldn't talk to with anyone else," he said. "Everybody has their differences at the club but there are things I feel I can talk to Jimmy about, just have a little yarn. His advice is always positive."

Former teammate Tim Harrington, now North Melbourne's football manager, said while others got tied up in the ever-growing tactical battles, Krakouer's philosophy had always been to watch the ball and push closer to the contest, despite how small he was.

"When people actually see him at that size they realise he must have been something special," Harrington said. "And the people who saw him play know that he was."

Yesterday morning, tucked in the pocket with Wells and Sansbury, Jim Krakouer looked like he could take to the field on a Saturday afternoon.

"The old legs are not the best now . . . the mind wants to but the body doesn't. The training sessions will do for now."

Ox

Re: MY THEORY ON KRAK and HIS POOR FORM
« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2005, 08:12:00 AM »
I rekkon we should hang on to him and ruin his career.

Im sick of decent players not being stuffed to put in for the Y&B.

His appearance is a joke.

stuff 'EM.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2005, 08:52:36 AM »

eff 'EM.

i understand what u r saying, what is it with players, there is nothing wrong with our club and as soon as there is heat in the kitchen they want out! thats why i cant stand otto and krak just has to get off his lazy arse and have a crack! bloody hell it wasnt spud looking after his development it was the rfc! some players , present and past u can see dont really give a toss! thats why i am happy blumfield has not gone anywhere, as if he gave a poo about the tigers when we picked him up, he should have busted his guts to prove sheedy wrong instead he was a dud and wanted to go back to the bummers!

krak better pull his finger out, we dont want him to be just another otto! had potential and never fullfilled it at the club that made him

Ox

« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2005, 09:16:19 AM »
As much as bad decision making is to blame for our last 20years,
dont ignore the fact that we have had the worst luck as well.

Kraks isn't the first to question his future at Punt road and I am clueless as to why this has been an ongoing thing amongst the players (Campbell,Ottens,Zantuck....)

Is it the individuals we have chosen or is it some frikken voodoo on the club.

It's not that hard is it ?

letsgetiton!

« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2005, 09:20:09 AM »
who the stuff knows

hopefully miller and wallace can change things

Ox

« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2005, 09:52:16 AM »

hopefully miller and wallace can change things

Doing a good job.

Offline tigertough12

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2005, 10:41:19 AM »
Plough said on White Line Fever last night that Krak will blitz it this Sunday and TAMBLING WILL PLAY

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2005, 11:33:27 AM »
Not interested, unfit, bludger.  If we want to get fair dinkum he needs to be dropped.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Moi

« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2005, 11:39:37 AM »

eff 'EM.

I agree with this sentiment, Ox.  If we had received some sort of regular return out of him, and the two clubs could get a good trade for him, i'd say go for it.  But he hasn't done a thing while he's been at the club IMO.  Either we get a great deal for him, or, as you say, ruin his career.  We're not a country club where you can come and laze around and do nothing - gotta work Andy, and give us a return on our investment in you.

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #104 on: April 28, 2005, 12:00:38 PM »
Noticed at the Coburg game on Sunday, TW spent quite some time talking to Krak. The conversation looked quite intense....was tempted to move closer and eavesdrop, but my good manners got the better of me :lol :lol