Author Topic: Andrew Krakouer threads [merged]  (Read 69130 times)

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: MY THEORY ON KRAK and HIS POOR FORM
« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2005, 09:02:12 AM »
When he was interviewed after the match he said that TW had given him a challenge this week and he had risen to it!

TW keep on keeping on...I like your style :bow

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #121 on: May 09, 2005, 09:23:20 AM »
More importantly Sir William realised that there was a problem with Kraks and went about solving it. In previous years, we just let guys in slumps just continue to rot. I commend Sir William for acknowledging the problem and Kraks for turning it around.

Now lets back it up again this week.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #122 on: May 09, 2005, 10:56:30 AM »
i dont think hes got a big enough engine to be in the midfield, imho hes a forward pocket only...when hes onsong hes brilliant when he's bad he is shocking. As for trading him its way to early...need to see more before end of season to tell!

Offline Piping Shrike

• Premiership Captain
  • Nothing today
« Reply #123 on: May 09, 2005, 11:03:55 AM »
i dont think hes got a big enough engine to be in the midfield, imho hes a forward pocket only...when hes onsong hes brilliant when he's bad he is shocking. As for trading him its way to early...need to see more before end of season to tell!

When you're a forward pocket you can look bad even if you played OK - often relates to opportunity as much as anything else. FP can also make players lazy hence the benefit of being part of the midfield rotation.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #124 on: May 09, 2005, 04:05:51 PM »
Did you see TW go up and congratulate him after the game?

Was that the one near the boundary line as Terry was walking towards the race?

You can usually tell when Kraks going well - it shows in his tackling, the more tackles the better he plays

So true WP. He's had 11 tackles in the past two games.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Will the tribunal look at Krakouer?
« Reply #125 on: May 28, 2005, 01:33:42 AM »
Sports Tonight said the AFL may look into a couple of striking incidents. One might be Krakouer coming down on a Melbourne player lying on the ground.

The other was Miller on Bowden's cheek  plus Holland already reported for elbowing Gas  >:(.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2005, 04:02:47 AM by mightytiges »

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
Re: Will the tribunal look at Krakouer?
« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2005, 04:59:23 PM »
I didn't see the krakouer incident, it must have been behind play - where he invariably finds himself.

Offline H Tiger

• Premiership Captain
  • Tigers the biggest hunter
X get Krak on the weights
« Reply #127 on: June 07, 2005, 12:11:20 PM »
X get your man Krak on the weights.

I am dead set not writing this thread if AK has been putting in the big ones in the weights room in any of his offseasons. >:(

You only have to look at someone like Davey from the D's to look what can be acheived. He was tiny last year but in 2005 looks much more defined.

Krak was great on the weekend but what a difference it would make if he was a bit stronger. It wouldn't make him any slower or lower his endurance either, because basically he's already slow and he has no motor.

This man got a big contract last year and hes got to earn on and off the field.

letsgetiton!

Re: X get Krak on the weights
« Reply #128 on: June 07, 2005, 02:49:52 PM »
krak maybe small in stature and may seem not to have much muscle tone but he is very very strong 4 his size . he is actually our best tackler . some pll genetically will not develop muscle definition no matter how much they train, one can be very strong yet very small, and krak is of  this body type. im happy with his form thus far and against the eagles he showed how gr8 he can be for the club. davey has different qualities and body type to krak, but just because davey is faster , does not mean stronger. krak has got the softest hands in afl, but the ball just seems to stick to his palm like glue. he can hold his tackles and easly breaks tackles. if krak spent too much time with weights to get heavier he will lose much of his evasive qualities and agility which are crucial to his game as he is no athlete but a footballer.  look at michael tuck, stick thin figure who played over 400 games and as hard as nails , he was very thin but also very strong.  not sure what ppl  expect from krak, he is doing what he is required to do under team rules and coaches orders, we cant expect  him to kick 5 goals every week and look at his efforts against the eagles, he was our only 4 quarter fighter, he never stopped trying and his efforts imo are what inspired guys like chubba to lift and all the team.

he is quicker than what many think but always looks like he is in slow motion, thats because he is raw silk with raw talents, and makes the impossible look so easy

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #129 on: June 07, 2005, 04:56:41 PM »
There are people that DO weights and can't put on a lot of muscle and there are people who DON'T do weights and can't put on a lot of muscle. I'd bet Krakouer is largely of the latter type. he needs to bust his ass in the gym without doubt.

There is no need for Krakouer to lose flexibility if he puts on lean muscle.

Let's put it this way, had he done some weights he would have held onto that overhead mark that slipped through his arms in the dying minutes of the last quarter and he could have set us up for a win.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #130 on: June 07, 2005, 05:45:32 PM »
There are people that DO weights and can't put on a lot of muscle and there are people who DON'T do weights and can't put on a lot of muscle. I'd bet Krakouer is largely of the latter type. he needs to bust his ass in the gym without doubt.

Let's put it this way, had he done some weights he would have held onto that overhead mark that slipped through his arms in the dying minutes of the last quarter and he could have set us up for a win.

holding onto that mark had nothing to do with muscle!
krak is strong enough, what about all his tackles and spolis, he cant do that without stregnth, he is much smaller than cogs yet still a much better tackler, what about when judd outmuscled cogs and took a contested mark against him, cogs more muscle more bulk , less strenght

im a personal trainer, and and my forte is strength and conditioning, i have seen many a skinny kid have more strength than some muscle heads

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #131 on: June 07, 2005, 05:51:20 PM »

If that's the one I'm thinking of where he's leading into open space at CHF about 60-65m out from goal then the pass should have hit Krakouer on his chest; not 7ft up in the air to tip of his fingertips.

Krakouer was good on the weekend. He applied pressure around our forward and HF lines which was something we didn't do the week before against the Demons. As X mentioned he's our best tackler which says alot given only his size. The main problem with Krakouer is still his inconsistency. He needs to back up his good games instead of going missing. We can't afford that now with Browny gone for the season. The same goes for Pettifer.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #132 on: June 07, 2005, 06:30:13 PM »

krak is strong enough, what about all his tackles and spolis, he cant do that without stregnth, he is much smaller than cogs yet still a much better tackler, what about when judd outmuscled cogs and took a contested mark against him, cogs more muscle more bulk , less strenght

im a personal trainer, and and my forte is strength and conditioning, i have seen many a skinny kid have more strength than some muscle heads

Krakouer has great tackling TECHNIQUE, that's why he can tackle well. If you think he is that strong then how come he is one of the easiest guys to push off the ball and why can't he take an overhead mark to save his life?

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #133 on: June 07, 2005, 06:34:35 PM »

If that's the one I'm thinking of where he's leading into open space at CHF about 60-65m out from goal then the pass should have hit Krakouer on his chest; not 7ft up in the air to tip of his fingertips.

Krakouer was good on the weekend. He applied pressure around our forward and HF lines which was something we didn't do the week before against the Demons. As X mentioned he's our best tackler which says alot given only his size. The main problem with Krakouer is still his inconsistency. He needs to back up his good games instead of going missing. We can't afford that now with Browny gone for the season. The same goes for Pettifer.

The kick was bad but you'd still expect a player to mark it.

Agree he was good on the weekend though.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #134 on: June 08, 2005, 06:08:20 AM »

Krakouer has great tackling TECHNIQUE, that's why he can tackle well. If you think he is that strong then how come he is one of the easiest guys to push off the ball and why can't he take an overhead mark to save his life?

1/ he dosnt get pushed off that easy!!! not sure what ur agenda against him is!!! he is light , yes, weak no! i am a personal trainer and i can see his strengths and weakeness, agaisnt a gut 15kgs heavier of course he will be shoved off the ball!2/ dont know where u get off saying he cant mark over his head. his hands are pretty strong over head but he isnt the tallest bloke in afl!!!!!

i used to value ur comments on here but lately , esp after they way ur bagging krak , not so much!!!!

cant mark over head,gets pushed off the ball. i allways see him under every pack and he is our only fwd who fights hard to keep the ball in and pooh even guys likek j brwon and tredrea get pushed off teh ball at times.

i just sense u have a beef with krak and are after him!!!

we are all entitled to our own opinions, but if u wanna critisice krak, criticise his lack of cardio fitness and endurance, not his strength, critisicise his lack of consistancy not his over head marking!!!

but dont talk cr@p and say he is weak because he is lightly framed and cant mark over head when he can. just because every so often he may drop a mark so waht , how many marks does richo spill after his hands are firmly gripped around the ball, no questions  his strength
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 06:23:24 AM by X-CITED »