Author Topic: Andrew Krakouer threads [merged]  (Read 69131 times)

letsgetiton!

Re: X get Krak on the weights
« Reply #135 on: June 08, 2005, 06:15:48 AM »
the thing u have to remember is that krak is not a kpp , he is a crumming fwd and releiveing midfielder, he has kicked 14 goals thus far, on target to 28 plus goals a yr as a crumming fwd, he will most likely kick 35 plus, thus his job has been done !!!!!!! now that brown is gone he may well have more time close to goals and kck 40plus!!!  what else do u expect from this kid

if he kicks his 35+
petts kicks his 35+
then u coukld say quite easily our 2 samll fwds have done their jobbs beautifully

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #136 on: June 08, 2005, 07:34:34 AM »
This is the bottom line X, you shouldn't be trying to rationalise the shortcomings of a lazy player.

I don't have anything personal against Krakouer I just hate his work ethic. I think he can get more out of himself and its always bad to see people not maximise their potential. It mocks the rest of us who would do anything to have his opportunity to play AFL.

Krakouer might go alright for his size but he is capable of being stronger and he should endeavour to be it. His lack of muscle is one of the reasons why he lacks explosiveness and why he is always tackling instead of getting to the ball first.

And about his overhead marking and getting pushed off the ball, these are two other areas he can improve in if he does some gym work. There's really no denying this.

And as for his endurance, yes, that's something that needs working on too.

Consistency will come for him when he does the requisite work: cardio, sprints, weights, the works.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 07:36:24 AM by JohnF »

Moi

« Reply #137 on: June 08, 2005, 07:46:46 AM »
Krak is a bit of a disappointment to me.  Whether he's strong or not, or does the training or not, i expected a better return from him after the time he's been at the club.  Maybe I'm expecting him to live up to the deeds of his father, and maybe a bit unfair, but I'm sure that's the reason we secured him in the first place.  I saw the tape the Tiger recruiters had at the time they made their judgment on him, and i'm still unsure what they saw in him based on that.  Time will tell i guess.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #138 on: June 08, 2005, 09:08:57 AM »
LETS  just hope this wek krak is playing for us 100% and not for the roos, now that spud teh dud his mentor has gone, i wonder where his heart really is that his dad is back and mentoring the boys at arden st

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #139 on: June 08, 2005, 01:11:24 PM »
There’s no doubt that if Krak could develop some consistency in his game that he could be one of our most valuable players.

LETS just hope this wek krak is playing for us 100% and not for the roos, now that spud teh dud his mentor has gone, i wonder where his heart really is that his dad is back and mentoring the boys at arden st

I’m not sure if you’re basing your views on how Krak has performed so far this season X, so sorry if I’ve misunderstood you, but I’m not convinced that Krak’s playing any differently now to any time in the past and how you could think the way he’s playing now means his heart’s somewhere else.

To me, he’s always been the same.  Most of the Aboriginal players seem to play with a free spirit, I suppose you could call it.  Something I don’t think I’ve ever noticed about Krak, which is unusual for an Aboriginal player.

It’s not an excuse for his work rate, endurance or anything like that, but I think his background might, to some degree, help explain the way he plays, and maybe what you’re talking about X.

I don’t think we should underestimate the impact that added responsibility/pressures and so on can have on a person.  And, in his case, it’s probably relevant to consider his background and that he’s had the responsibility of being a father, from a very young age, not to mention the circumstances surrounding his father to deal with, so he’s probably had to grow up quicker than most.

You see young players come in to the game and being allowed to play and enjoy the game, without too much expected of them, and it shows.  No doubt, Krak would have been treated the same when he first started, but I don’t know that he’s ever felt that sense of freedom to just play the game and enjoy it, that others have, which would seem different, in many ways, to the way we’ve probably come to expect Aboriginals to play.

Maybe you’ve noticed something different, but from what I can remember, he’s not playing any differently now to any time in the past.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #140 on: June 08, 2005, 01:31:56 PM »
LETS  just hope this wek krak is playing for us 100% and not for the roos, now that spud teh dud his mentor has gone, i wonder where his heart really is that his dad is back and mentoring the boys at arden st

I reckon you looking for somethng that's not there X.

Krakouer is Tiger 150% not a doubt in my mind - if his heart wasn't in it he wouldn't have signed a 3 year contract - he would have said I'm outta here (we had a bloke like that but his name escapes me ;) ;D). Besides I saw his Dad at that game on Saturday
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

letsgetiton!

« Reply #141 on: June 08, 2005, 02:10:22 PM »

I reckon you looking for somethng that's not there X.

Krakouer is Tiger 150% not a doubt in my mind - if his heart wasn't in it he wouldn't have signed a 3 year contract - he would have said I'm outta here (we had a bloke like that but his name escapes me ;) ;D). Besides I saw his Dad at that game on Saturday

dont take what i said as gospel, i know he is enjoying his time at punt rd, but until this yr, he has had spud their, this yr he just dioes not seem to smile as much, seems to look down alot. thats why i cant wait til bling can play injury free and with gr8 consistancy, its very obvious aboriginal players play more content when they have "brothers" in the team , they have a unique bond.   just wanna see krak smile more and look like he is enjoying himself .  i hope he stays a tiger 4 life as im a big fan of his and have a few jumpers of his and other things . having an aboriginal wife helps during family days as as soon as he sees us he is more than happy tto talk to my kids and have pics taken! my kids love him big time

Moi

« Reply #142 on: June 08, 2005, 05:07:36 PM »
If he wants to go, let him - but i doubt that he does.
And if he does, North will have to come up with a trade.  And we can dictate the terms, because I don't think Krak would risk the draft.

Offline H Tiger

• Premiership Captain
  • Tigers the biggest hunter
« Reply #143 on: June 09, 2005, 10:31:53 AM »
Just to reiterate,

Krak was awsome on the weekend I think it was one of his best games this year. He has been pretty good all year.

He is fantastic at ground level, I would like to see him just trail Richo around the forward line, I think he could kick 40+ goals picking up Richo's crumbs.

However X he does not look like he is putting in at the Gym at all. In saying that X, I respect you're a personal trainer and would be able to gauge whether this is true or not.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #144 on: June 09, 2005, 11:47:21 AM »

Aiming for improvement
9:08:02 AM Thu 9 June, 2005
Angus Morgan
Exclusive to afl.com.au
While there's a host of Richmond players among the most improved in the competition in 2005, there's one young Tiger who readily concedes he probably should be up there as well.

But Andrew Krakouer is confident his second half of the premiership season will be a vast improvement on the first.

"I've probably been a bit quiet by my own standards, I think. I've had a couple of good games, but then my bad ones have been really bad," Krakouer said in an exclusive interview.

"I'm just trying to get a bit of consistency in my game, and for the rest of the season starting this week, I'm hoping to get a bit more involved.

"I've been in the caper for a few years. This is my fifth year now and I'm looking to take the next step and to contribute more because I had a good pre-season where I didn’t miss a beat."

Stats-wise, Krakouer's numbers after 11 rounds are around 50 per cent of his season's figures for 2004, suggesting he's just about on target to match last year's KPIs.

But it’s the spread that concerns him. Interspersed with efforts like his five-goal haul against Carlton in round seven and solid performances in wins against the Western Bulldogs and Fremantle have been quiet matches in defeats by the Saints and West Coast.

Top of the list of Krakouer's pre-season goals was to narrow the gap between his best and worst, and so far, he hasn’t quite managed to achieve it.

"I need to stay more involved," he said.

"Against the Eagles (last Saturday) when things were not quite happening for the team I sort of drifted out of the game and didn’t get myself involved. I've really got to get myself involved a bit more."

Last season former coach Danny Frawley had Krakouer earmarked for more time in the midfield, but there's far more competition for spots in 2005.

With the Tigers' forward and midfield set-ups to be recast in the light of Nathan Brown's season-ending broken leg however, Krakouer is taking a fresh approach to his personal contribution to Richmond's run to the finals.

"Last year we were lacking a few midfielders, but this year Coggo's back and Shane Tuck has stepped up and you have Kane Johnson and the usual suspects there running around.

"Now with Nathan down, I think my might be needed to play a more prominent role in the forward line. When I'm not needed as a deep forward, I think I've got to get more involved as a "hit-up" half-forward.

"All I've got to do is control the controllables and prepare well for each game and training session, and hopefully if I do everything in my powers the right results will come on match day."

Krakouer said the Tigers, who have a terrible recent record against the Kangaroos, were desperate for a win at Telstra Dome on Sunday. Richmond has won only six of 26 contests between the teams since 1990.

Victory would put the Tigers right back on track for a finals berth - and perhaps a place in the top four - not that Krakouer is keen to mention the 'F' word.

"It's a long-term goal, we don’t like to look to long down the track, but that's what we're here for," Krakouer said.

"We're not playing footy to make up the numbers. We're in it to play finals and that's on our agenda but we've got to take it week by week. As we get closer, that's when we'll start worrying about them a bit more."

RELATED LINKS

Andrew Krakouer's highlights reel
  Match Preview

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #145 on: June 09, 2005, 12:43:42 PM »
 >:( >:(

Time out guys - enough of the mud slinging and cyberspace fistycuffs that's not we are about here

I am not asking for a group hug - just settle it down :thumbsup

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #146 on: June 09, 2005, 01:20:21 PM »
X get Krak on the weights.

That's the topic and each to their own opinion - If I want my weener is bigger than yours I can go somewhere else.
Please keep it off here dudes we dont want to degenerate into something that is allready available elsewhere
I stay here mainly cause I like the smooth way it has run so far  :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #147 on: June 09, 2005, 04:28:16 PM »
WP has already given one warning to settle down and cut out this mudslinging crap yet it has esculated while we've been away >:(.

We didn't create OER for this childish BS to go on. If you want to carry on like this then contact each other privately. This thread will locked until the offending posts are removed. Similarly the other threads involved will be deleted.

MT.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Krakouer up for trade?
« Reply #148 on: September 22, 2005, 02:20:58 AM »
Greg Denham at The Australian is at it again.

.... while Richmond is prepared to trade Andrew Krakouer for a suitable exchange.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,16679007%255E36035,00.html
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
Re: Krakouer up for trade?
« Reply #149 on: September 22, 2005, 03:48:09 AM »
X, say it ain't so!