Author Topic: Andrew Krakouer threads [merged]  (Read 69128 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Krakouer up for trade?
« Reply #165 on: September 23, 2005, 02:28:44 AM »
About Polak from the Australian and the H-Sun:

Fremantle may also retain key-position player Graham Polak, who is contracted until the end of next year, if Hawthorn's Jonathan Hay chooses the Kangaroos as his next club.

Hay is on the verge of quitting the Hawks, and it's believed the former All-Australian is leaning towards a fresh start at Arden St.

"At this stage, what has been put to Jon from the Kangaroos has been very impressive," manager Peter Christie said last night.

But Fremantle is super keen on luring Hay home to Perth in a possible trade deal that would see key-position player Graham Polak become a Hawk.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,16689331%255E36035,00.html
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,16689845%255E20322,00.html

Doesn't sound like Polak will be a Tiger.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

« Reply #166 on: September 23, 2005, 06:11:54 AM »
ok then, lets settle to trade krak for pickett

or

krak and gas and pick 8 for pavlic

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #167 on: September 23, 2005, 08:28:37 AM »
Pickett isnt what we need. At best a 12 month option. If we do it then Miller Wallace and Co should resign.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #168 on: September 23, 2005, 10:53:34 AM »
Pickett isnt what we need. At best a 12 month option. If we do it then Miller Wallace and Co should resign.

pickett has 3-4 yrs in ghim still, and will bring a much needed hardnessa nd toughness to out team esp, our fwd line

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #169 on: September 23, 2005, 03:37:09 PM »

Agree RT. Pickett is 28 years old - Pass!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Krakouer into the midfield (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #170 on: February 12, 2006, 02:58:46 AM »
Ready for a Krak at the midfield
By JON RALPH
Herald-Sun
12feb06

FEW Tiger supporters would have begrudged Andrew Krakouer a poor-to-middling 2005 if the turbulence of his changing family dynamics became too much to bear.

The circus surrounding father Jim returning home after 11 years in jail for drug offences -- and Andrew's two children -- could have caused him to lose direction with his football.

Yet last year, in which he held ground rather than forged ahead spectacularly as expected, had nothing to do with Krakouer's off-field life.

Perversely, the Aborigine who left Western Australia in late 2000, has become the picture of domesticity in the past few months.

He and partner Barbara have settled second daughter Tekia, 4, into her first week of school; they have bought property in West Heidelberg and the reintroduction of Jim to the family has been positive with Tekia and older sister Allira, 6, relishing contact with their grandfather.

"I bought the house last year and we are going well and very, very settled," he said.

"This is my sixth season now and I have a house and my own family, so everything is going pretty well.

"The kids get on pretty well with Jim so they have good times. He and my mum, they come around all the time, so it's good."

It is not so much the lineage that continues to heap expectation on Krakouer, but more the glimpses of brilliance that are not yet regular.

The hope is his freakish goalsense, brilliant tackling and defensive pressure and ability to extract the ball where few others can, will combine into one comprehensive package some day.

For Krakouer that day has not yet arrived -- in 20 games last year he cobbled together 23 goals and 11 possessions per game, but he has not yet had the impact in the midfield or up forward that some expect -- perhaps unfairly.

Krakouer conceded he needed to get much fitter before being allowed the licence to roam the midfield, but said he had been reasonably happy with his progress.

"I thought I was good probably half-way through the season, then I had a month that really killed me," he said.

"I didn't kick any goals, and didn't have much of an impact, so that month really killed me and dampened the season. Up until then, I thought I was going OK and that finished the season off really poorly for me."

The flourishing of Kayne Pettifer and early dominance of Nathan Brown meant Richmond had plenty of forward options, but Krakouer is not prepared to use that as an excuse for his inability to score more often.

"I just thought I was struggling a bit, but it wasn't that blokes weren't kicking to me, it was just that I had to be putting myself in the right position, and I am not quite sure what happened," he said.

"It is something I have to work through and talk to people about."

Krakouer has trained almost exclusively with the midfield group this pre-season given his desire to play more as an onballer.

"It would be good for me to get up there, it's pretty hard to stay in a forward pocket and have your whole career there, so I need a few other strings to my bow," he said.

"My fitness levels weren't too good last year and Terry (Wallace) said we have to have fit blokes in the midfield, so that is something I have worked on in the off-season so hopefully I can get a bit more of a run.

"Terry has said he will give me the opportunity. I just need to hold up my end of the bargain and do the right thing."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,18116786%255E11088,00.html

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
Re: Krakouer into the midfield (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #171 on: February 12, 2006, 02:15:28 PM »
Don't like Krak in the midfield, too inconsistent and therefore might bring down our midfield unit. Besides, Krak is a natural foward and should concentrate getting consistency in his game there before pushing up into the midfield

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #172 on: February 12, 2006, 07:43:01 PM »
If Krakouer is to play regularly in the midfield or more likely spend half the time there and other other half forward, he needs to not only become more consistent but he's also got to win more of the footy. It's good that the defensive side of his game is strong (i.e. tackling) but unless you're getting your hands on the footy at least 15+ times a match then you're not much use to the side in the midfield. There are still too many once in a blue moon cameo games from Krakouer. He is one of our 4-5 year blokes that needs to step-up if we are to do better than last year.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #173 on: February 13, 2006, 06:53:52 AM »
once krak warms to the role, and is fit enough which he will be , he will be dynamite midfielder 4 us. he is exactly the midfielder we need , he can
a/ get in and under
b/ extract the ball
c/ tackling machine
d/ silky skills
e/ knows how to hits forwards esp richo , lace out ********* very imp
f/ has great agility and vision
g/ hads a footy brain

he could make a complete midfielder/ releaving midfielder/ member of teh midfield rotation ...whatever

cant wait to see him fire this yr

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #174 on: February 13, 2006, 03:04:52 PM »
you left something out X....

slow as a wet week.

and about as much endusance as Greg Stafford.

Delist....next!

letsgetiton!

« Reply #175 on: February 13, 2006, 04:35:28 PM »
you left something out X....

slow as a wet week.

and about as much endusance as Greg Stafford.

Delist....next!

cogs aint exactly quick,so do we get rid off him
cogs kicks are not the best , so lets get rid of him to

krak has very very quick reflexes and decision making

poo, greg williams, broderick and even in todays footy sam mitchel

give the kid a break, or bette rstill, how about u put on jumper and show us ur better!!!

i would have krak in th eteam b4 cogs anyday, cogs is slow, his disposal by foot very poor, has a perfect hospital pass, and misses easy goal. ok his tough and hard at , so what we should get rid of him also then.

hey, simonds missed many set shots last yr lets get rid of him

hyde is slow also .....gone

hall, has bad decision making skills, turns the ball over alot......gone

kellaway all guts . slow  though..........gone

richo still makes many mistakes and misses siters.....................gone

tambling has bad hammys ..........delist/trad gone

the list goes on

how bout we get rid of em all and get 22 blaisee's out there

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #176 on: February 13, 2006, 05:13:15 PM »
If a condition of offering criticism was we needed to be good enough to play AFL footy we would all be stuffed X :shh.

Until Krakouer gets his hands on the footy consistently week in week out without any longterm disappearing acts he'll always come under criticism. Cogs and others mentioned have their flaws too but they are typically always in the game.

ps. Hyde is fairly quick nowdays ;).

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #177 on: February 13, 2006, 05:27:50 PM »
There's really only one word that will make or break Krakour and that word is FITNESS.

If he's got it, he'll be fantastic. If he hasn't got it he will be patchy at best, doing some good to great things some of the time and going missing in others.

Those that have seen alot of training this pre season would have a greater appreciation of his current fitness base in comparison to what is required, maybe they can shed some light on how they think he will go this year. MT?
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #178 on: February 13, 2006, 07:03:52 PM »
Those that have seen alot of training this pre season would have a greater appreciation of his current fitness base in comparison to what is required, maybe they can shed some light on how they think he will go this year. MT?

A check would be to know if his times for the various standard runs (the tan, 200m ,400m, etc) have improved over previous years efforts to see if he's improved his endurance to be able to play midfield.

But just going on his form at training I wouldn't say he's more or less fit than the others. Mind you the boys are looking superfit. From the intra-club match I thought he did well in the midfield and had improved in that area although not to the degree say a Hyde or Rodan did last year in terms of coming on. This might be being a bit harsh but I still expected him to be more influential like Rodan was. The difficult thing about judging intra-club games is we're competing against Richmond ;D and also Krakouer is the kind of player that looks like his cruising most of the time. I personally would still have a question mark over him in the midfield until I see him step-up against true opposition. The pre-season games will really be our first chance to see if he can.   

letsgetiton!

« Reply #179 on: February 13, 2006, 08:36:24 PM »
If a condition of offering criticism was we needed to be good enough to play AFL footy we would all be stuffed X :shh.

Until Krakouer gets his hands on the footy consistently week in week out without any longterm disappearing acts he'll always come under criticism. Cogs and others mentioned have their flaws too but they are typically always in the game.

ps. Hyde is fairly quick nowdays ;).

i know mt, was just trying to put my point across, with krak, he hasnt had sufficien5t time onball to prove himself, once his fitness came good(remember v the swans and bombers) he was a standout onballer in those games. then he was put in the fp again to freeze and not get involved.
we will see a different krak this yr
btw im  a big hyde fan, i am confident he will also keep on getting better and kicking butt

cogs, his disposal and consistency of his disposal worry me