Author Topic: Andrew Krakouer threads [merged]  (Read 69125 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Why did Krakouer miss?
« Reply #195 on: April 23, 2006, 05:11:24 AM »
Injury?  ???
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Why did Krakouer miss?
« Reply #196 on: April 23, 2006, 09:14:03 PM »
Injury?  ???

Nope - structure I believe

The tigers heard that Keating was probalby going to miss so we bought in Stafford
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Why did Krakouer miss?
« Reply #197 on: April 23, 2006, 09:28:38 PM »
Injury?  ???

Nope - structure I believe

The tigers heard that Keating was probalby going to miss so we bought in Stafford

Thanks WP :thumbsup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Krakouer's hands
« Reply #198 on: May 13, 2006, 08:35:26 PM »
This is not meant to single him out as most had shockers and games worse than him but how many times does Krak run over the ball and fail to pick it up cleanly?!  :scream. Geez it's frustrating as it happened about six times in the first half in contests while at other times he pulls off a brilliant pick-up. If he had grabbed each missed chance cleanly he would had been away for at least two goals at the Lockett end in the second quarter.

And Krak also has got to learn when he takes a mark not to take side steps as he walks back. The umps calls play-on as he's moved off the mark and he's forced to kick under pressure.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
Re: Krakouer's hands
« Reply #199 on: May 14, 2006, 10:49:51 AM »
Another thing I noticed is that Krak seems to get the balls stripped from him many times. The stronger guys in the middle just kill him.

For this reason alone I think he would be better off in the pocket or just following Richo around ( as best he could ).

He wasn't the worst yesterday but he was nowhere near as good as the TV guys were giving him credit for either.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #200 on: May 14, 2006, 09:54:08 PM »
I actually thought Krak was good yesterday, especially when he was in the centre. Gave us a bit of spark there and at least put some pressure on the Swans in the middle. When he went off in the 2nd after copping a knock we certainly lost a bit out of the middle.

It's just unfortunate that he cannot have a sustain presence in our mid-field  because the fitness capaicity isn't there

When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was about his quick hands, the deft knock ons etc oops  ;D  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #201 on: May 14, 2006, 11:58:06 PM »
When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was about his quick hands, the deft knock ons etc oops  ;D  :rollin

;D :nope

His hands were often too quick for the ball lol ;) and as he didn't have full control of the footy he left the footy behind or lost possession too easily as soon as he got bumped. 

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #202 on: May 15, 2006, 07:38:46 AM »
Maybe he needs to chalk his hands like gymnasts.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #203 on: May 15, 2006, 09:58:45 PM »

Krakour needs to chalk his hands like the weight lifters and start start lifting barbells. He is weak as pisz.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 12:45:31 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Andrew Krakouer threads [merged]
« Reply #204 on: June 18, 2006, 02:53:04 AM »
Krakouer finds form after sluggish start
Samantha Lane
The Age
June 18, 2006

THREE weeks into this season, Andrew Krakouer found himself in a place that Danny Frawley apparently had been reluctant to send him — the twos.

The Tiger forward's output in Richmond's first two matches, both losses, was below par. So when Frawley might have once shown patience, his successor as coach, Terry Wallace, ordered a demotion. It was the first time it had happened to Krakouer in three years.

"Because Danny had a bit of family history with me, he played a bit with Dad (Jim), I think that's the main reason why it was a bit different — he sort of took me under his wing a bit more," Krakouer, an 84-gamer in his sixth season, said before today's match in Launceston.

"But now I've been in the system for a fair while, and so I know how it goes and it's sort of more of a player-coach relationship (with Wallace)."

Since a beginning he now describes as "a bit sluggish", Krakouer has played six matches he has adjudged OK. He has made himself more than a flash-in-the-pan small forward. His on-field work-rate has been as much a feature of this season as his uncanny knack for jagging a goal. Krakouer's three best games for the year have come when he lent a hand in the midfield.

"I'm not an elite runner like Mark Coughlan and Shane Tuck and Kane Johnson, but I just think if I have maybe seven, or even 10 to 12 minutes, or even a bit longer per quarter in there — just rotation off the bench or sort of deep forward — I think I can contribute more to the team. That's something I'm hoping to do in the next 11 weeks," he said.

"I'm pretty confident within myself, I know I can play the game and things like that … the ball's in my court with what I do with it. I've just got to show that I'm capable of a challenge and just gotta show them what I can do."

The 23-year-old hopes to improve in that area, and has midfielder/forward Nathan Brown as a model. "I won't outsprint a lot of backmen, so I've got to try and second step or double lead and things like that. I'm not overly quick to get out of the blocks on the lead and things like that. It's more around stoppages and things like that where I try to lose my opponent."

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2006/06/17/1149964788360.html

PuntRdRoar

Re: Krakouer finds form after sluggish start (The Age)
« Reply #205 on: June 18, 2006, 08:45:26 AM »
honest article on a whole number of fronts

Jackstar

« Reply #206 on: June 18, 2006, 12:17:45 PM »
Good to see he is one AFL player who hasnt got ahead of himself,not like a few others who we wont mention ;)

Ox

« Reply #207 on: June 18, 2006, 12:59:48 PM »
"Because Danny had a bit of family history with me, he played a bit with Dad (Jim), I think that's the main reason why it was a bit different — he sort of took me under his wing a bit more," Krakouer, an 84-gamer in his sixth season, said before today's match in Launceston.

Danny had his favorites no doubt and by taking them under his wing he stunted their growth.

LMAO LOSER

"But now I've been in the system for a fair while, and so I know how it goes and it's sort of more of a player-coach relationship (with Wallace)."

Which is how it should be.

Take note Spud,even Andy says you didn't do things the right way :wallywink

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Krak up for goal of the week
« Reply #208 on: August 23, 2006, 02:55:27 PM »
Not sure how Rainesy missed out with his long bomb on the run  ??? but Krak needs your vote to get goal of the week for his, in Ox's words, Bartlettesque crumbing goal.

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=toyota&spg=goty

Expert panel votes for Toyota Goal of the Year - Round 20

Brendon Goddard 48%
Andrew Krakouer 27%
Aaron Davey 25%

Public vote:

Brendon Goddard 54%
Andrew Krakouer 25%
Aaron Davey 22%

Total Votes:: 341

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
Re: Krak up for goal of the week
« Reply #209 on: August 23, 2006, 08:06:56 PM »
I thought Rainsey would get it for sure, but oh well. At least a tiger got a nomination  :P
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!