Author Topic: Andrew Krakouer threads [merged]  (Read 69126 times)

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Krakouer into the midfield (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #180 on: February 14, 2006, 09:01:47 AM »
you left something out X....

slow as a wet week.

and about as much endusance as Greg Stafford.

Delist....next!

cogs aint exactly quick,so do we get rid off him
cogs kicks are not the best , so lets get rid of him to

krak has very very quick reflexes and decision making

poo, greg williams, broderick and even in todays footy sam mitchel

give the kid a break, or bette rstill, how about u put on jumper and show us ur better!!!

i would have krak in th eteam b4 cogs anyday, cogs is slow, his disposal by foot very poor, has a perfect hospital pass, and misses easy goal. ok his tough and hard at , so what we should get rid of him also then.

hey, simonds missed many set shots last yr lets get rid of him

hyde is slow also .....gone

hall, has bad decision making skills, turns the ball over alot......gone

kellaway all guts . slow  though..........gone

richo still makes many mistakes and misses siters.....................gone

tambling has bad hammys ..........delist/trad gone

the list goes on

how bout we get rid of em all and get 22 blaisee's out there

X,

the reason why Kark only gets 5-10 minutes on the ball a quarter is because that is all he can handle. He can't run because he is unfit, and has not put in the work to play on-ball. Plough has stated that 1 of our weaknesses last year was our inability to have enough players with the endurance and ability to run through the middle, so krak was given every opportunity, and basically wasn't up to it.

I find it amusing that some ill-informed fans, like yourself get offended personally when some home-truths are exposed about our players. Well you need to get over it!

And finally, mate, if you think that Krak, is a better footballer than Mark Coughlan well......there really is no need to continue this conversation. :help

blx

« Reply #181 on: February 14, 2006, 09:43:59 AM »
i think his point was in reference to you mentioning kraks is slow so he should be delisted.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #182 on: February 14, 2006, 10:45:54 AM »
i think his point was in reference to you mentioning kraks is slow so he should be delisted.

when krak had his fitness up , he wa our best player v the swans and the dons, so dont tell me he cant last in the midfield, his problem isnt fitness, his problem is conditioning . why isnt jhe conditioned 4 the role, cos he , up til now hasnt trained 4 that role.!!!!!!!!

and btw, krak is a better kick than cogs, better handball than cogs, as tacklers they are equal, krak is a better decision maker than cogs. the only thing that ciogs has over krak is fitness, kraks fitness will come, and he isnt injury prone as cogs is. krak is the best footy brain we have.
and yes i rate him higher than cogs, all cogs has is a higher profile.

personally if i were coach, every time cogs kicked a floating hospital pass i would drag him, he has a shocking field kick and his goal kicking is getting worse

and btw

krak has teh ability and silky class to be a matchwinner, cogs dosnt, he may be a workhorse like sugar, but isnt a matchwinner like brown. krak is very imp to our team , guys with his raw talent dont come easy

letsgetiton!

« Reply #183 on: February 14, 2006, 10:49:19 AM »

thanku, at least ur on the ball

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #184 on: February 14, 2006, 02:05:13 PM »
2 things that worry me about Krak is his fitness (which I know he is working on) and this quote
"I just thought I was struggling a bit, but it wasn't that blokes weren't kicking to me, it was just that I had to be putting myself in the right position, and I am not quite sure what happened," The last part of this quote suggests to me that his mental toughness really needs work. As soon as he gets puffed, he stops thinking about the game and zones out. You can't have a midfielder go missing mentally during any part of the game.
Maybe if his fitness improves then this int turn may have an effect on his mental toughness also.

Krakouer is not in the same class as Coughlan. Sorry X, you're way of the mark there. Cogs came of a lengthy bout of OP and only hit his straps later in the season. Krakouer has been virtually injury free. Cogs has been far more influential in many more games than Krakouer. I would prefer to have someone in my team who can rack up 30+ posessions week in week out with a 15% error rate than someone with 9 posessions and a 1% error rate.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #185 on: February 14, 2006, 02:17:12 PM »

Krakouer is not in the same class as Coughlan. Sorry X, you're way of the mark there. Cogs came of a lengthy bout of OP and only hit his straps later in the season. Krakouer has been virtually injury free. Cogs has been far more influential in many more games than Krakouer. I would prefer to have someone in my team who can rack up 30+ posessions week in week out with a 15% error rate than someone with 9 posessions and a 1% error rate.

u see thats where we disagree, cogs yes had his issues, but his kicking technique needs much more improvement. he cannot stab pass, his kicks travel through the air very slowly as they seem to float and have to much air. his game v the blues where he had 40 touches, over half were ineffective. yes he can get the ball , an is a ball magnet, i never said he was a crap player just said his skills are no where near as good as kraks!!!! and that is fact. once krak gets his fitness up, which he will , he will show the world how good he is.
we should have traded cogs while his rep was hot cos i can see the future and i hope im wrong but i dont see his ability improving, he will turn out to be a tougher version of tivendale. maybe im too harsh, but only if he could kick the ball to his teammates lace out and not float his kicks.
stats show he is a better player than krak yes, but cogs is no where near krak when it comes to ball handling skills  by foot and hand! and anybody who thinks cogs is more skillfull than krak is wrong

i rate hyde as a better exponent of the kick, stab pass etc than cogs. hyde with time will overtake cogs as he knows how to kick the ball from A to B with better speed and precision, no floaters from hyde

letsgetiton!

« Reply #186 on: February 14, 2006, 02:21:31 PM »
lets hope cogs bad kicking is due to his pubic instability , and he can fix his probelms, if not, we have no room on our list for guys that cannot deliver the ball properly, we carried duncan kelleway 4 way too long and gaspar also, the same goes with chaffey , another dud who cant hit targets. tivendale has to go also, he used to be able to hit targets but has lost the plot

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #187 on: February 14, 2006, 02:31:01 PM »
You've got to have the ball to use it skillfully. I have never questioned Kraks skills. They are very good. From his own admission He's got to learn to read the game better to get himself into position to receive the ball more. Cogs reads the game beautifully and far better than Krak IMO which is a key requirement to ber a midfielder. I wonder how many opposition coaches have said to a player "get on Krakouer and stick to him like glue!" Not many times I bet. Coghlan however would be regularly on the receiving end of heavy tagging. A true sign of an influential player. I wonder if Krak would be able to handle this sort of pressure week in week out.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #188 on: February 14, 2006, 05:15:03 PM »
You've got to have the ball to use it skillfully. I have never questioned Kraks skills. They are very good. From his own admission He's got to learn to read the game better to get himself into position to receive the ball more. Cogs reads the game beautifully and far better than Krak IMO which is a key requirement to ber a midfielder. I wonder how many opposition coaches have said to a player "get on Krakouer and stick to him like glue!" Not many times I bet. Coghlan however would be regularly on the receiving end of heavy tagging. A true sign of an influential player. I wonder if Krak would be able to handle this sort of pressure week in week out.

yes cogs does read teh play very well, thats so true, but he also has had more experience in the midfield. kraks skills are rare and raw, give him time to adjust to the misfield so he can learn to read teh play better  . one gr8 thing about krak is he knows his weaknesses and is willing to work on them

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #189 on: February 14, 2006, 05:36:06 PM »

Agree tiga.

I hope you're right X about Krak and yes his skills particularly by foot are better than Cogs but to date you can't argue that Krakouer has had more impact than Cogs bar a once in a blue moon cameo performance in front of goal:

20 or more disposals in 2005 - Cogs 15 from 22; Krak 1 from 20
10 or less disposals in 2005 - Cogs 1 from 22; Krak 10 from 20 and in those 10 he never kicked more than one goal.

Cogs also does the hard inside work week in week out. I agree he is a workhorse but more importantly he's consistent and we can rely on him week in week out. With Krak that hasn't been the case and until he does become consistent he'll never be judged a better footballer than Cogs IMHO.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
Re: More Data on Krakour
« Reply #190 on: February 15, 2006, 01:39:26 PM »
In 76 games over 5 seasons, Krakouer has kicked 77 goals. As a small inside forward he has won 50% of his possessions in a contest with an average of four ground-ball gets per game. This strength makes him dangerous at the stoppages, particularly inside 50. Since the start of 2003, Krakouer has cleared 52 stoppages in the forward 50 - 14 more than any other player in the competition. As a result, Richmond has scored a goal from Krakouer clearences 39 times - ranked No 1 at the club. His work whilst not in possession is also a feature of his game. Across his career, he has averaged three tackles per game and four in the last 2 seasons. His 32 tackles in the forward 50 last season was the most in the competition and his nine frees for holding-the-ball was the equal most in the competition. His kicking can let him down and he has a career efficiency of 76%, hitting a career-low 74% in 2005, including 17 clanger kicks.

Source: Champion Data AFL Prospectus 2006

Just looking at that data there I'd say that Kraks is probably a pretty good asset to have at our club.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #191 on: February 15, 2006, 02:17:08 PM »
Krak needs to get some consistency into his game before thinking of heading into the midfield IMO

letsgetiton!

« Reply #192 on: February 15, 2006, 02:45:48 PM »
Krak needs to get some consistency into his game before thinking of heading into the midfield IMO

its hard the gain fitness and be more consistant in  the fwd pocket

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: More Data on Krakour
« Reply #193 on: February 15, 2006, 06:38:33 PM »
In 76 games over 5 seasons, Krakouer has kicked 77 goals. As a small inside forward he has won 50% of his possessions in a contest with an average of four ground-ball gets per game. This strength makes him dangerous at the stoppages, particularly inside 50. Since the start of 2003, Krakouer has cleared 52 stoppages in the forward 50 - 14 more than any other player in the competition. As a result, Richmond has scored a goal from Krakouer clearences 39 times - ranked No 1 at the club. His work whilst not in possession is also a feature of his game. Across his career, he has averaged three tackles per game and four in the last 2 seasons. His 32 tackles in the forward 50 last season was the most in the competition and his nine frees for holding-the-ball was the equal most in the competition. His kicking can let him down and he has a career efficiency of 76%, hitting a career-low 74% in 2005, including 17 clanger kicks.

Source: Champion Data AFL Prospectus 2006

Just looking at that data there I'd say that Kraks is probably a pretty good asset to have at our club.

He should this year be aiming to reach at least 30 goals for the year and average 15 possessions per game. Combine that with most of those attributes above and he'll then become a vital component to the side. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #194 on: February 16, 2006, 08:45:03 AM »
Kraks just needs all the Spudisms from previous years out of his system.  Take out an AVO against Danny Frawley so he doesn't get anywhere near Kraks.