Author Topic: Before I "BIN IT"  (Read 16970 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Before I "BIN IT"
« on: July 03, 2011, 09:38:25 AM »
This is the ONLY comment(s) I am going to make about yesterday.

I have been following this Club for nearly 40 years. I've been a member for 30 years

I have seen "highs" and I've seen so shocking "lows". I have seen some 100+ point thrashing

But Saturday 2nd July 2011 was for the WORST loss I have ever witnessed in my life.

It was the most PATHETIC, INSIPID, USELESS, SPINELESS, GUTLESS performace I seen in my life. But above all else in light of what the day was supposed to be about it was DISHONEST.

I am not going to sit here and bag individual players even though so many deserve it because simply it serves no purpose. Yesterday showed which of the long termers on the list need to be moved on and those relativley new to list, well just how far off some of them are to being consistent AFL players

I am gutted after yesterday and not just because of the result. I am also gutted because I saw people I've sat with for just on 20 years walk out of a game before it was finished for the first time ever. If only someone form the Cub was sitting with me to witness it - gut wrenching doesn't even seem to come close to how I felt.

Yesterday was supposed to be about getting people to put into the FTF. After yesterday our team have completely obliterated the FTF. I feel like ringing then up Monday morning and asking for my money back. I gave for a reason and it wasn't to witness crap like yesterday. First thing the players can do is give their match payments yesterday straight to the FTF to try and make up the $$$ THEY lost the club yesterday

As I was driving home I thought about how much I've given the CLub this year (m'ship, merch, FTF) and I just thought to myself, WHY do I do it, it's alot of $$$, why do I give them anything, when they refuse respect me and every other person who constantly gives year after year after year. Then I thought about the people who'd had joined this year for the first time - how must they be feeling

yesterday wasn't just about the FTF, god knows what damage it has done to the membership base for 2012 - how many do you reckon jump off now? Me I think it will be close to 8-10K

I now find myself totally disillusioned with our Club in a away that I havent for a very long long time.

I actaully thought were improving but after yesterday I don't know... for all the small steps forward we went back to square one yesterday. The RFC have 9 rounds or whatever it is to attempt to get my respect back.

So here's a tip RFC - I don't want to see players this week on media street. Only people I want to hear from the club this week are the Coach & CEO and only if absolutely necessary the Captain  

I don't want apologies I want you to show me something, show me that this CLub means something to you, that you respect it like we as members & supporters respect it. That the jumper that you wear means something

Actions speak louder than words. SO next Saturday night the result isn't important the effort is.  

I want to see players chasing, tackles that stick, fierce attacks on the footy and the oppostion when they have the ball, win the contested ball or at least create situations that make it a contest..do that and you earn perhaps an ounce of respect back    
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 10:10:00 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Before I "BIN IT"
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 09:47:03 AM »
Good Post

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 10:07:38 AM »
great post WP.
Watched most of the game live in Fiji.
Was a total disgrace
The club seems like its going down the same path as Wallaces 2nd year, re the 100 point floggings at the lack of HEART :banghead

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 10:36:43 AM »
I feel sad and sorry for;

-The volunteers who put in countless hours for the club on campaigns such as the FTF
-The kids I saw in their little tiger jumpers yesterday
-Despite their oligarchical structure, I feel for the Richmond Cheer squad
-Workers on award wages who have contributed over and above what they can probably afford for the FTF
-Other volunteers such as the mods on this site and the other Tiger chat rooms

These people are the very fabric of the club. They must wonder why they bother and I feel your pain WP.

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 10:42:33 AM »
First thing the players can do is give their match payments yesterday straight to the FTF to try and make up the $$$ THEY lost the club yesterday

If this does not happen, then those players have lost me.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 10:44:46 AM »
Well said, what can I add but gutted and thought (Hoped) those performances were in the past. God help us. >:(

Actions speak louder than words RFC. SHOW ME

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 11:01:18 AM »
This is the ONLY comment(s) I am going to make about yesterday.

I have been following this Club for nearly 40 years. I've been a member for 30 years

I have seen "highs" and I've seen so shocking "lows". I have seen some 100+ point thrashing

But Saturday 2nd July 2011 was for the WORST loss I have ever witnessed in my life.

It was the most PATHETIC, INSIPID, USELESS, SPINELESS, GUTLESS performace I seen in my life. But above all else in light of what the day was supposed to be about it was DISHONEST.

I am not going to sit here and bag individual players even though so many deserve it because simply it serves no purpose. Yesterday showed which of the long termers on the list need to be moved on and those relativley new to list, well just how far off to being consistent AFL players

I am gutted after yesterday and not just because of the result. I am also gutted because I saw people I've sat with for just on 20 years walk out of a game before it was finished for the first time ever. If only someone form the Cub was sitting with me to witness it - gut wrenching doesn't even seem to come close to how I felt.

Yesterday was supposed to be about getting people to put into the FTF. After yesterday our team have completely obliterated the FTF. I feel like ringing then up Monday morning and asking for my money back. I gave for a reason and it wasn't to witness crap like yesterday. First thing the players can do is give their match payments yesterday straight to the FTF to try and make up the $$$ THEY lost the club yesterday

As I was driving home I thought about how much I've given the CLub this year (m'ship, merch, FTF) and I just thought to myself, WHY do I do it, it's alot of $$$, why do I give them anything, when they refuse respect me and every other person who constantly gives year after year after year. Then I thought about the people who'd had joined this year for the first - how must they be feeling

yesterday wasn't just about the FTF, god knows what damage it has done to the membership base for 2012 - how many do you reckon jump off now? Me I think it will be close to 8-10K

I now find myself totally disillusioned with our Club in a away that I havent for a very long long time.

I actaully thought we ere improving but after yesterday I don't know... for all the small steps forward we went back to square one yesterday. The RFC have 9 rounds or whatever it is to attempt to get my respect back.

So here's a tip RFC - I don't want to see players this week on media street. Only people I want to hear from the club this week are the Coach & CEO and only if absolutely necessary the Captain 

I don't want apologies I want you to show me something, show me that this CLub means something to you, that you respect it like we as members & supporters respect it. That the jumper that you wear means something

Actions speak louder than words. SO next Saturday night the result isn't important the effort is. 

I want to see players chasing, tackles that stick, fierce attacks on the footy and the oppostion when they have the ball, win the contested ball or at least create situations that make it a contest..do that and you earn perhaps an ounce of respect back   
I know how you feel WP.
The same thing happened to me about 10 years ago. I was gutted and decided NEVER go to a game expecting a WIN again. I goto the games just because I enjoy footy and I still love the club but Im void of any excitement or enthusiasm.  Quite sad if you think about it.
The club that keeps giving.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 12:06:33 PM »
WP I feel exactly the same way.
Chin up we'll be there this week against the Bombers.
I feel cheated after yesterday and like you I didn't individually name any players just thought the club as whole let down all the fans who donated to the FTF went there as the 19th man and put their time and money every week every year to support this footy club.
I am more annoyed today than I was yesterday at the game.

Yep, Dishonest, Disgraceful, Disgusting, Debilitating, Disillusioned. :help

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 12:13:33 PM »

Well said :clapping

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 12:14:35 PM »
Even Brackets couldn't be bothered to post his anger.

I think he is over it.

I put on 30 mins of the heaviest metal I could find to drill the anger out of me.

Our supporters don't deserve this.

The BS used car salesman talk.
"CMON HELP Richmond and become the 19th MAN"

HOW ABOUT THE PLAYERS RETURN THE FAVOUR?

10 FLAGS

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2011, 12:14:53 PM »
THERE are too many people at Richmond on big salaries from PLAYERS, ADMINISTRATORS and STAFF who DO NOT RESPECT THE SUPPORTERS!

I wrote this yesterday, Richmond supporters are probably people on $40 to $60k a year trying to look after their families, pay mortgages, pay increasing utilities and rising costs of living, they give to RFC because they love the club but the club treats the members and supporters like drop kicks.

The club spends more time devoting itself to rubbish PR like the 19th MAN bulldust.

Personally, I would get rid of most of the staff in that joint. They havent got a stuffen clue and thats the facts of it all. They havent got a stuffen clue!

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2011, 01:22:45 PM »
WP, Round 1 2009 was the darkest day since the late 80's/early 90's.

I actually believed the rhetoric and felt we were building something real at the end of 2008.

After Round 1, I swore the clubs success  would be something I would reflect on - rather than look forward to.

Having this attitude makes days like yesterday tough but I don't expect much and I end up getting what I expect or a bit less.

I'm still annoyed but I don't have to stew on it for days like I used to and the family is affected.

While I can "bin it" - the club cannot.

"Binning it" will not fix the the ingrained culture of choking at the club..

"Binning it" is to stick ones head in the sand.

By "Binning it" I think Dimmo doesn't want to face the facts as to where the team and the club are at.

The problem goes way beyond list management and player development.

Teams like Geelong can "bin" a loss, Richmond cannot.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2011, 01:26:05 PM »
THERE are too many people at Richmond on big salaries from PLAYERS, ADMINISTRATORS and STAFF who DO NOT RESPECT THE SUPPORTERS!

I wrote this yesterday, Richmond supporters are probably people on $40 to $60k a year trying to look after their families, pay mortgages, pay increasing utilities and rising costs of living, they give to RFC because they love the club but the club treats the members and supporters like drop kicks.

The club spends more time devoting itself to rubbish PR like the 19th MAN bulldust.

Personally, I would get rid of most of the staff in that joint. They havent got a effen clue and thats the facts of it all. They havent got a effen clue!

well said, you all know my thoughts , havent changed in past 5 years

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2011, 01:34:23 PM »
I feel sad and sorry for;

-The volunteers who put in countless hours for the club on campaigns such as the FTF
-The kids I saw in their little tiger jumpers yesterday
-Despite their oligarchical structure, I feel for the Richmond Cheer squad
-Workers on award wages who have contributed over and above what they can probably afford for the FTF
-Other volunteers such as the mods on this site and the other Tiger chat rooms

These people are the very fabric of the club. They must wonder why they bother and I feel your pain WP.

and the players want more money

tony_montana

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2011, 01:38:57 PM »
This thread pretty much sums up where the club is at and where its supporters are at.

To put in an effort like that on a massive day for the clubs supporters - who have ONCE AGAIN gone beyond the call of duty and given more on top of giving giving stuffing GIVING year in year out when deep down we know the club will just pee it away - is just about as low as it gets.

and reading that BS article on sick of waiting for finals on the morning of the game is just more laughable PR BS that has backfired.

I'm over this club