Author Topic: Before I "BIN IT"  (Read 17083 times)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Before I "BIN IT"
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2011, 07:12:18 PM »
27 years old.

Seen 2 finals series.

Only ever seen 2 final wins, Vs Essendon in 95 and Carlton in 01.

What a joke.

Look on the bright side Pope...

You missed or were too young for the first decade of woe from 1983-93.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2011, 07:12:57 PM »

I'm over this club

Well eff off then and go follow the soccer.

:wallywink

That's your solution is it. I am sure TM is entitled to his opinion and it has validaity.

WHy do all these prima donna supporters I've been following RFC for 50 yrs and I've been through the bad times yada yada yada

I have been a  supporter for 33 years, I'v ONLY seen the bad times :help :help

:)  Trust me, the good times are worth it.  And will be much more so after this current stretch.   :gotigers

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2011, 07:23:05 PM »
27 years old.

Seen 2 finals series.

What a joke.
38 years old.

Seen 2 flags if you count the one where i was only 5 months old! Can remember 80' just thanks to the grand final marathons!

Not sold on the idea that i will see another flag!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 07:56:31 PM by Go Richo 12 »

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2011, 07:26:59 PM »
I love the footy club like most here but I am not sold that the footy club will get to a GF let alone win a flag.
I think the path Dimma has us on is the right path but after efforts like yesterdays I look at the culture of the club and I think no way.
What pees me off is all the hard work and credibility we earned in the first half of the year has all been erased.
I can handle the team losing but not when they don't have a crack.

Offline Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2011, 07:34:01 PM »
I love the footy club like most here but I am not sold that the footy club will get to a GF let alone win a flag.
I think the path Dimma has us on is the right path but after efforts like yesterdays I look at the culture of the club and I think no way.
What pees me off is all the hard work and credibility we earned in the first half of the year has all been erased.
I can handle the team losing but not when they don't have a crack.
Understandable! We could just turn out to be like the Western Bulldogs! Both have been coached by the same man, both have been/ are broke!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2011, 07:35:44 PM »
I was there at the '82 GF as a kid and that Carlton theme song still makes me what to grab a bucket :chuck.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2011, 07:43:48 PM »
I was there at the '82 GF as a kid and that Carlton theme song still makes me what to grab a bucket :chuck.

My sister and my cousins are all Carlton fans and I still have yet to live it down. That game has remained ingrained on my concience forever. I have never forgiven the Scum Footy Club since and I made a decision to forever hate that footy club that day and I stand by it.
If my team is destined to get beaten by 100+ I am compelled to say anyone but Carlton Collingwood and Essendon. We should be the most competitive against them.
For me losses like yesterday hurt twice as much because of the opponent.

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2011, 07:47:11 PM »
27 years old.

Seen 2 finals series.

What a joke.
So you are the jinx Popelord.  ;)

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2011, 08:08:42 PM »
I'm 50 years old.
I started following the Tigers as a 10 year old in '71, when I first moved to Melbourne. Royce Hart was my hero.I guess I was lucky enough to see the back to back flags in '73-'74. I was 19 when we won again in 1980. I remember after we flogged Collingwood so easily that year, commentators predicting that we would be the team of the decade. Like a lot of Tiger fans at the time, I guess I thought our glory days would just go on and on forever. Nobody could have known how completely and utterly it would all fall apart.
1982 was a bitter pill to swallow, and it still haunts me. I think a lot of Tiger fans of a similar vintage can understand these sentiments. The last 30 years have been nothing short of a NIGHTMARE. For our once great club to have been reduced to this kind of laughing stock is hard to bear. Everybody has enjoyed kicking us while we've been down for S-O-O long, yet even worse in some ways is the pity that a few of the kinder individuals out there feel for us.
What was so devastating about the last two weeks is that recently we were starting to believe that the Tigers were finally on the right track. The Melbourne loss was another example of Richmond letting a golden opportunity go begging when a spot in the 8 was there for the taking. Just like they have done so many times in similar situations over the last 20 years. The Carlton debacle was even more gut-wrenching, because to serve up that garbage on a day when the club was  asking so much of its "19th man", who duly responded, showed nothing short of contempt for the jumper, and all the names printed on the sash.
I honestly believe our problems run far deeper than the lack of a few key playing personnel. What will be harder for any well-meaning administration and coach to eradicate, is the acceptance of mediocrity and failure which now appears to be deeply ingrained in our club culture.  

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2011, 08:14:21 PM »
lol.....I think we need to change the name of this thread to "Tigers Anonymous"  :lol :lol

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2011, 08:20:23 PM »
LOL yeah not a bad idea TFT!   I am a Tigerholic!
grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2011, 08:24:28 PM »
lol.....I think we need to change the name of this thread to "Tigers Anonymous"  :lol :lol
Ahh! If only it took 12 steps.....

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2011, 08:25:30 PM »
........the acceptance of mediocrity and failure which now appears to be deeply ingrained in our club culture.  

But the players and coaches haven't been around long enough to be part of your so called club culture.

I'm glad you don't have any part in the manufacture of jet engines RR.

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2011, 08:31:45 PM »
I feel sad and sorry for;

-The volunteers who put in countless hours for the club on campaigns such as the FTF
-The kids I saw in their little tiger jumpers yesterday
-Despite their oligarchical structure, I feel for the Richmond Cheer squad
-Workers on award wages who have contributed over and above what they can probably afford for the FTF
-Other volunteers such as the mods on this site and the other Tiger chat rooms

These people are the very fabric of the club. They must wonder why they bother and I feel your pain WP.

and the players want more money

Players can get stuffed.

Wont be attending another game for the rest of the year. Would rather follow my supercoach side.
Same, I wont be going to another game this year, they've got my money anyway, and we all found out the 19th man doesnt work >:(

« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2011, 08:44:20 PM »
I feel sad and sorry for;

-The volunteers who put in countless hours for the club on campaigns such as the FTF
-The kids I saw in their little tiger jumpers yesterday
-Despite their oligarchical structure, I feel for the Richmond Cheer squad
-Workers on award wages who have contributed over and above what they can probably afford for the FTF
-Other volunteers such as the mods on this site and the other Tiger chat rooms

These people are the very fabric of the club. They must wonder why they bother and I feel your pain WP.

and the players want more money

Players can get stuffed.

Wont be attending another game for the rest of the year. Would rather follow my supercoach side.
Same, I wont be going to another game this year, they've got my money anyway, and we all found out the 19th man doesnt work >:(

But think of the rush you will miss out on when the boys all click at the same time and we look like a football club again.

:lol