Author Topic: Before I "BIN IT"  (Read 17451 times)

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
Re: Before I "BIN IT"
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2011, 10:41:54 PM »
Again mate, I understand you are hurting but I don't reckon keeping score about how much you have given vs what the club has given back is what you truly are about.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2011, 10:44:30 PM »
TBR this is how WP thinks and to be frank I think.
Just like my kids I love them but if I am thinking of rewarding my kids lets say with a computer game that they have been hankering me for but their report card is less than complimentary then I won't get them their computer game. I would be correct in doing that.
Same rules apply with RFC. If I wanted to donate more or go to games or buy merchandise from the club after an effort like that I don't have to. After what yesterday was billed FTF 19th man and Benny wanted us to break the Rich v Carl H&A attendance I see it as the exams my kids didn't study for and treat with the respect it deserved  and therefore it left a sour taste in my mouth and left me upset and disappointed over a complete lack of respect and effort to those who spent their effort time and money to hopefully see them succeed.

RFC naughty naughty naughty children.

youve been doing some of your better work lately Tucker, well done and keep up the good work  :cheers

I'm just the resident OER Greek philosopher Flagman. :thumbsup

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2011, 10:46:40 PM »
Again mate, I understand you are hurting but I don't reckon keeping score about how much you have given vs what the club has given back is what you truly are about.

I don't see it as keeping score, being an accountant I see it as dealing with the facts as they stand right now.

But you are correct; normally I don't think that way; simply I usually don't care but this time it is so very different because this time for me it's about respect on the case of yesterday lack of respect  
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2011, 10:52:38 PM »

I don't see it as keeping score, being an accountant I see it as dealing with the facts as they stand right now.

But you are correct; normally I don't think that way; simply I usually don't care but this time it is so very different because this time for me it's about respect on the case of yesterday lack of respect  

The only thing I would say is the mates that mean the most to me are the ones that were there in my darkest times, unconditionally.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2011, 07:01:21 AM »
The only thing I would say is the mates that mean the most to me are the ones that were there in my darkest times, unconditionally.

True but some times that means forcing them to take responsibility for the crap they've got some into.

It doesn't mean walking away it just means taking a step back and making them take action to fix things rather patting them on the back and saying "it's OK, it'll be alright". Sometimes you have to be cruel to kind and sometimes people need to be forced to look in the mirror to help themselves...
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2011, 08:04:32 AM »
If the players need any sort of outside to motivation to regroup and show some spirit after that performance then they are truly stuffed. Self pride should be enough.

It's one poor game...no it's one absolutely poohouse spineless performance - the only one under hardwick so far. So, as dissapointed as i was on saturday, i'm prepared to cut them some slack and treat it as just an aberration, as long it remains an isolataed incident

If we talk about changing our level of support after one game, does the reverse apply if we come out and beat essendon by 6-7 goals on the weekend? After all, it wasn't that long agao we all had tizz in our jocks after the dreamtime game which just shows we should not get too carried away with one result, either way.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2011, 09:15:25 AM »
and we all found out the 19th man doesnt work >:(

The 19th man could've worked but unfortunately he was the only one who turned up on Saturday.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2011, 09:37:57 AM »

It's a spirit that infuses a club.
And is perpetualised in the way we post on this forum.

We stop the bad spirit by TALKING ABOUT THE GOOD SPIRIT....not the negative, whinging crap that is regularly posted on all forums.

Sorry Ekto, but to say that we the supporters are to blame for perpetuating this loser mentality that permeates the club is a cop out. We can only react to what we are given. It was only a few weeks ago when this and other Tiger forums were awash with "good spirit", as the team continued to take giant strides in its' improvement. But you can't expect anything but negativity from the fans after Saturday. Not just because of the performance, and the fact that it was against our old enemy. But also the context of the occasion with the FTF and the "19th man" e-mail that we all received. It was like the team wiped its' ass on all the names printed on the sash. 

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2011, 10:42:22 AM »
and we all found out the 19th man doesnt work >:(

The 19th man could've worked but unfortunately he was the only one who turned up on Saturday.
LMAO at 19th man shouting from the Punt Road End," Where were you when we were s h i t?"

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2011, 10:49:49 AM »
LMAO at 19th man shouting from the Punt Road End," Where were you when we were s h i t?"

Yeh , they weren't singing it at the end of the match.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2011, 11:50:12 AM »
With all due respect WP and I mean that as I think you are a good bloke, I think changing your mind on your level of support based on a performance is a bit of a cop out.

No it's not.

Richmond football club is like a son.

You love it, proud of it and live and die by it.

You'll defend it no matter the situation and stay loyal and love it no matter what

That doesn't mean you can't be disappointed, embarrassed and angry at it and needs to be disciplined.

------------

The Richmond Football club is a 14 year old school kid and Scotch College. Having an average family sacrifice most things to give their child the best education possible and a highly rated school. They want their kid to be the best and will support them no matter what.

Saturday was "Special Persons" day to show off the skills, teachings and development of all the kids at Scotch. As parents we all rocked up eager to see something. Not wanting "top of the class honours" or A+ results. We just wanted to see our kid be the best he can be. Low and behold our kid rocked up drunk and was found out in front of all the hard working Scotch students and shown he is unfortunately bottom of his class. Why have we wasted our time and money?

Embarrassed a parent of this kid I walk away from Saturday furious. I've sacrificed many things to let this ungrateful excuse of a son pee away the future I want so bad for him and worked so hard to give him the best chance I can give him.

However I'll always love the kid. But god give me strength if it was legal I'd get him in a padded cell and beat the leaving stick out of him, cause enough is enough. Pull your heads in and do. I sit back with a cold bourbon and think, is it all worth it? Would it be better off sending the kid to a public school and go on holidays and buy a new car.

----------------------

Go Tigers!

10 FLAGS

« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2011, 12:05:10 PM »
With all due respect WP and I mean that as I think you are a good bloke, I think changing your mind on your level of support based on a performance is a bit of a cop out.

No it's not.

You'll defend it no matter the situation and stay loyal and love it no matter what

That doesn't mean you can't be disappointed, embarrassed and angry at it and needs to be disciplined.

------------

The Richmond Football club is a 14 year old school kid and Scotch College. Having an average family sacrifice most things to give their child the best education possible and a highly rated school. They want their kid to be the best and will support them no matter what.

Saturday was "Special Persons" day to show off the skills, teachings and development of all the kids at Scotch. As parents we all rocked up eager to see something. Not wanting "top of the class honours" or A+ results. We just wanted to see our kid be the best he can be. Low and behold our kid rocked up drunk and was found out in front of all the hard working Scotch students and shown he is unfortunately bottom of his class. Why have we wasted our time and money?

Embarrassed a parent of this kid I walk away from Saturday furious. I've sacrificed many things to let this ungrateful excuse of a son pee away the future I want so bad for him and worked so hard to give him the best chance I can give him.

However I'll always love the kid. But god give me strength if it was legal I'd get him in a padded cell and beat the leaving stick out of him, cause enough is enough. Pull your heads in and do. I sit back with a cold bourbon and think, is it all worth it? Would it be better off sending the kid to a public school and go on holidays and buy a new car.

----------------------

Buy a new car pope  :lol

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2011, 12:11:23 PM »

When something is dished up like "that" on the weekend everyone evaluates the investment they give to Richmond. Whne I say investment, it categorizes different things: money, time, travel etc. Its not all money, I work in Geelong every 2nd month and travel all the way up from Geelong when Richmond play.

I, for one will be pulling back certain "investments", I'll still invest but no way near as heavily as I have this year. I still will be supporting the club, I'll cheer barrack as loud as ever.

I've got the option to watch a mate of mine play VFL, catch up on work, go for a run, anything social or recreational, everything takes a back seat when Richmond play. I've turned down weekends away because I don't want to miss a Richmond game. I had a paid holiday to Echuca but didn't want to miss the game against Essendon next week. (Was decided after Dream Time at the G) I look like an absolute idiot now.

But when some of us invest what would be considered a "huge" amount you can't continue to do so after a performance like that.

It's not a lack of character, if thats what you are insinuating, it's just common sense.
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2011, 12:12:16 PM »

No it's not.

------------

----------------------

Hahaha well said.
Go Tigers!

10 FLAGS

« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2011, 12:20:51 PM »

No it's not.

------------

----------------------

Hahaha well said.

And dont bother with the public school either - the kids a delinquent  ;D