Author Topic: #2012 List turn over#  (Read 15951 times)

Ox

Re: #2012 List turn over#
« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2011, 01:08:46 AM »
Foley

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2011, 01:09:55 AM »
Farmer has to go just kill's us with mistakes and dumb decsions.He's out of contract so bye bye.Graham weak as pee a guy with his body and height doesn't use it no presence at all.He dropped a easy mark in the 4qtr which roos scored from :banghead.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2011, 07:08:08 AM »
Did the OP occur before or after we re-signed him for 3 years given he's had OP for the past two seasons and he's only into the 2nd year of the 3-year contract?

All he said was he had an op last week (pretty gruesome description too BTW) for OP that he's been battling for 2 seasons now, so I take that to mean he had it in 2010 & now 2011. I am also assuming it was "mild" in 2010 and they've tried to manage it  :banghead and as 2011 went on it has got worse.

Point is this, our season was shot 12 weeks ago why did they wait until now for him to have the surgery.  :banghead

He got dropped (rightly) and then played 2 games for Coburg on sub standard grounds and then they wait until the last week of the season for him to have the op that has a minimum 8 week recovery time.. seriousy  :banghead :banghead what the .......  :banghead
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2011, 01:55:41 PM »
Great question. Seems very loose.
Go Tigers!

Ox

« Reply #94 on: September 05, 2011, 04:55:52 PM »
Foley

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #95 on: September 05, 2011, 05:06:42 PM »
An Update:

1. Delist - Will Thursfield (26yo)
Has actually had a decent end to the season. Wanted out at the end of the year. With McGuane having sever OP as an excuse and Grimes coming back from his hamstring. Thursfield is a depth player. Will be 26 next year, maybe a tough call on a good end to the season I can see him staying, may be contracted?
2. Trade - Shane Edwards for Pick 25-30
My opinion hasnt changed. Too small to play midfield and not creative enough to be a small forward and poor overhead. Trade as he has currency and may be keen to return back to SA.
3. Delist - Brad Miller (29yo)
Think he's been a success, however doesnt deserve a spot on the list. Should remain a mature rookie or be delisted.
4. Delist - Mitch Farmer (23yo)
Delisted, non negotiable. Not AFl standard seen enough.
5. Delist - Luke McGuane (25yo)
Reports say he's had severe OP for 2 years. OP has no effect on his decision making. His skills are poor. May survive but I still don't think he's the answer, with Rance, Grimes and a monster defender needed I dont think there is room for even the best McGuane has to offer.
6. Delist - Daniel Connors (23yo)
5 years in the system has played 20 games max. Time is probably up. Can see him survive though.
7. Trade - Mitch Morton (GWS 2nd Round Pick/3rd Round)
Mitch has the X Factor, unfortunatley in what 3 seasons hes used it maybe twice. IMO has currency and think like Tambling ts better to cash in on a falling investment before you go bankrupt.
8. Delist - Shane Tuck (31yo)
I'm wrong about Tucky. I'd keep Tuck on for another year if he is happy to provide cover for teh young bodies at the end of the year. He is also in our best 22 and by all reports next year is about results not tranforming and blooding youth - If this is the case Tuck is in our best 12 players and could play 22 games.
9. Trade - Daniel Jackson (26yo 2nd Round Pick)
Can't think of a player Ive disliked more, Jordan McMahon springs to mind but he wasnt a player. Jackson can't insult the fans any longer unless he returns to his traditional run with role he is not AFL standard.
10. Delist - Ben Nason (23yo)
Too small, King and Nahas are miles ahead as small forwards, if we are moving on Edwards - Nason goes before him
11. Delist - Angus Graham (25yo)
Suburban football, would like to bring in a 23-26yo Ruckman that is AFL standard with Browne and Derickx pushing for selection. If Graham is kept than Browne must be moved on. Cant have 3 VFL ruckman on an AFL list
12. Delist - Tom Hislop (24yo)
Been given a stack of chances, hoped he could make it but unfortunately hasn't
13. Delist - Troy Taylor
Just gotta get fair dinkum, first delisted. If he wants to return to football, rookie the kid. No club in there mind would use a draft pick on him.

So out of these squad changes. I think McGuane and Tuck wont go ahead.
The rest I hope do. Could add a Matt White into that mix but I have a feeling hes played injured all year.

Great assesment there Pope :thumbsup

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #96 on: September 05, 2011, 05:08:28 PM »
Did the OP occur before or after we re-signed him for 3 years given he's had OP for the past two seasons and he's only into the 2nd year of the 3-year contract?

All he said was he had an op last week (pretty gruesome description too BTW) for OP that he's been battling for 2 seasons now, so I take that to mean he had it in 2010 & now 2011. I am also assuming it was "mild" in 2010 and they've tried to manage it  :banghead and as 2011 went on it has got worse.

Point is this, our season was shot 12 weeks ago why did they wait until now for him to have the surgery.  :banghead

He got dropped (rightly) and then played 2 games for Coburg on sub standard grounds and then they wait until the last week of the season for him to have the op that has a minimum 8 week recovery time.. seriousy  :banghead :banghead what the .......  :banghead

He had a serious injury in "that area" preseason 2010, remember they played his first game with 2 weeks training ?????. He was under done.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2011, 06:13:16 PM »
He had a serious injury in "that area" preseason 2010, remember they played his first game with 2 weeks training ?????. He was under done.

Totally seperate injury to the OP Jack not related at all. And he missed for memory about 2-3 weeks of the pre-season because of it.

My issue is simply why did they continue to play him if his case of OP was so bad - absolutely pointless IMHO
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2011, 09:39:16 PM »

Totally seperate injury to the OP Jack not related at all. And he missed for memory about 2-3 weeks of the pre-season because of it.

My issue is simply why did they continue to play him if his case of OP was so bad - absolutely pointless IMHO

Mind boggiling really.. I suppose he was seen as our number 1 defender and needed him desperately to play..  :rollin
Go Tigers!

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: September 06, 2011, 07:08:48 AM »
We need to make tough decisions to go ahead. I think Pope's assessment is pretty much on the mark but I don't believe the club will retain Browne. He just isn't up to AFL standards.

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #100 on: September 06, 2011, 07:39:39 AM »
Pope missed Gourdis, Westhoff and Hicks.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #101 on: September 06, 2011, 07:51:51 AM »

Those 3 shouldnt be in the same postcode of an AFL club, let alone on a list :banghead

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #102 on: September 06, 2011, 10:15:13 AM »

Who lol?

I think Gourdis is contracted lol.

Westhoff is 100% gone and Hicks is just as close, both rookies. Both gone. Think we'll rookie a few State league players this year.
Go Tigers!

Tigermonk

« Reply #103 on: September 06, 2011, 12:36:29 PM »
If anyone think GWS is going to take Richmonds wasted players you should give away watching football all together cause it aint going to happen PMSL  :lol

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: September 06, 2011, 03:51:34 PM »
 :lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI