Author Topic: Tigers vs Suns thread - Who's Going to Cairns??  (Read 27259 times)

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Tigers vs Suns thread - Who's Going to Cairns??
« on: July 06, 2011, 11:10:56 AM »
I am off tomorrow for 2 weeks R&R in Cairns. The trip has been based around the tigers match with plenty of fishing in between ;D
Just wondering who else from here is making the voyage??
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 06:18:31 PM by one-eyed »

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Who's Going to Cairns??
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 12:14:45 PM »
Only game of season 2011 I will be missing

Busiest time of the year work wise

actually glad I am not going  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 12:21:15 PM »
I'm heading up next Thursday morning. Staying at the Tradewinds in town.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 12:51:44 PM »
I admire the dedication of some of our fans! I travel to about 5 or six games a year from the border region and i think i am dedicated but for some to travel to places like Darwin, Cairns, Brisabane etc shows true committment to the club! :clapping

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 01:06:29 PM »
There's gotta be a few members going, because I couldn't get a spare ticket for Mrs Muscles (Skunks supporter).  I had to buy one from Ticket Direct for her.  We're both going, but not sitting together unless I can organise something at the ground on the night.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 01:22:15 PM »
There's gotta be a few members going, because I couldn't get a spare ticket for Mrs Muscles (Skunks supporter).  I had to buy one from Ticket Direct for her.  We're both going, but not sitting together unless I can organise something at the ground on the night.

I just got GA tickets in hope it won't be to full and the kids can just run amuck on the hill.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 01:37:58 PM »
I admire the dedication of some of our fans! I travel to about 5 or six games a year from the border region and i think i am dedicated but for some to travel to places like Darwin, Cairns, Brisabane etc shows true committment to the club! :clapping

Or it shows I need some therapy

Seriously though, I plan the trips as soon as the fixture comes. I actually enjoy the interstate games but this year I just thought NOPE I just can't do all of them. Cairns was the one that got the NOPE vote

gerkin greg

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 03:39:11 PM »
Cairns is a stuffing shi†hole anyway  :shh

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 10:55:00 PM »
In april i was very close to booking a 2 weeks break incl. the game.

Glad I didn't.  :thumbsup

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 09:44:14 AM »
Be very tempting to hook the boat up behind the motorbike and drag it up to cairns... all I need is a boat...
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2011, 10:29:19 AM »
Be very tempting to hook the boat up behind the motorbike and drag it up to cairns... all I need is a boat...

I have a boat you can borrow :thumbsup I doubt the bike will tow it though ;D

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2011, 12:13:44 PM »
HA! me too I havn't got a trailer!
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hot Cairns beckons AFL Tigers (Cairns Post)
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2011, 06:17:29 PM »
Hot Cairns beckons AFL Tigers
Brad Thompson
Thursday, July 7, 2011
The Cairns Post

THEY might be more accustomed to playing in the icy winter of Melbourne, but Matthew White says the temperature in Cairns will pose no problem for the Richmond Tigers.

White was in Cairns yesterday – spruiking the Tigers’ chances for their match against the Gold Coast Suns on July 16 – and in the process, lapping up the chance to escape a wintry Melbourne.

"The weather’s nice and warm here, that's for sure," he said. And he said his Tigers teammates would have no difficulty adjusting from the sometimes single-digit temperatures of Melbourne, to what could be close to 30C in just over a week’s time at Cazalys Stadium.

"We have a heat chamber at the club – we set it up to about 28C with 60 per cent humidity and slave away on a stationary bike," he said. "Then we get out of there and go into the freezing cold Melbourne weather."

White was adamant it would have his side well prepared for the Suns, who would be markedly more used to the warmer conditions – but he was well aware the newly established side warrants plenty of respect.

"They’re the ultimate underdogs," he said.

"They have one of best players in the AFL, a lot of good young talent and you can never write them off. They’ve
almost pushed some really good sides to breaking point."

Last week, the Tigers were demolished by 103 points by Carlton, a painful reminder they are still not completely there as a finals side.

"We’re not really looking at finals per se, for us we’re about development, I think we’ve got a lot to learn," White said.

It was just a quick stop-off in Cairns for White, talking up the game and having a light-hearted kick with a number of keen local AFL juniors, before heading back to Melbourne to put his bid forward for a spot in the side.

Earlier in the season, a knee injury curtailed White’s emergence as a handy midfielder, playing just six of his 38-game career this season. But as he nears peak fitness, and the injury behind him, he was hopeful of squeezing his way into the side.

Heath Molloy, 13, who co-captains the North Cairns under-14 side, couldn't hide his excitement for the much anticipated AFL fixture in Cairns.

"It's good for Cairns and AFL, and will be great for the junior players," he said.

http://www.cairns.com.au/article/2011/07/07/172725_local-sport-news.html

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tigers vs Suns thread - Who's Going to Cairns??
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2011, 09:33:28 AM »
Let's hope they allow sufficient time this time to get prepared, unlike the Darwin debarcle.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Tigers vs Suns thread - Who's Going to Cairns??
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2011, 11:25:08 AM »
Let's hope they allow sufficient time this time to get prepared, unlike the Darwin debarcle.

they should Julz, they are gong up a day earlier and will do their training at the same time of the day that they will be playing on the Saturday