Author Topic: Claims Angus Graham 'slapped' woman (Australian)  (Read 5533 times)

Dubstep Dookie

Re: Claims Angus Graham 'slapped' woman (Australian)
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2011, 07:44:46 PM »
Not another thread on prostate checks... :police:

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2011, 07:59:18 PM »
But I digress.....

And who can ever forget Beefcake's cameo in the movie remake, 'The Club'. Heres the famous scene of when he spots the silver seagull, whilst play continues around him

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2011, 09:24:41 PM »
The Herald-Sun now has audio of the woman making the accusation (voice digitally altered):

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/claims-richmond-tiger-angus-graham-slapped-woman/story-e6frf9ix-1226131855415

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2011, 10:39:56 PM »
This article gives me the irits. >:(
Be nice if they did their research into the incident first before they printed it and ran our our player's name and club through the mud.
Then again Richmond sells papers. :rollin

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
No CCTV on Tiger 'assault' (Age)
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2011, 01:40:21 AM »
No CCTV on Tiger 'assault'
Samantha Lane
September 9, 2011

ASSAULT allegations by a woman claiming Tiger Angus Graham ''hit'' her in a backpacker pub during post-season celebrations remain unsubstantiated following Richmond's review of security footage.

Tigers' football boss Craig Cameron, who is heading Richmond's investigation into the events that followed the private gathering of the playing group on Monday afternoon and continued late into that evening, told The Age last night that the surveillance tape from North Melbourne's Turf Club Hotel had been scoured on Tuesday.

He said there was nothing in the footage that suggested the accusations of a 21-year-old woman, who registered the alleged assault with a newspaper rather than authorities, were true.

''A representative of the club went to the Turf Club Hotel on Tuesday afternoon, reviewed footage and spoke to club management about the allegations that were made,'' Cameron said.

It is The Age's understanding that the representative is not a Richmond employee as such, but an expert who was enlisted by the club to investigate the sensitive case.

Victoria Police, while aware of reports of the alleged incident, had received no related complaints yesterday. Management of the Turf Club, where Graham and a handful of Tiger players continued drinking on Monday night after an organised post-season gathering earlier in the day, also said no grievance had been lodged or noticed by venue staff.

The complaining woman told a newspaper yesterday that Graham poured a drink over her and ''hit'' her on the cheek. She has alleged the incident occurred around midnight.

Tiger officials have only been able to question Graham by phone as he has returned home to King Island in Tasmania. The 47-game player has told the club he cannot recall any incident with a female at the hotel. Questioning of the handful of players who were with Graham at the time of the alleged incident has not enlightened Richmond bosses further.

As of last night, Graham, 24, had not been asked to return to Melbourne, and a Richmond spokesman indicated the interrogation of the player had been taken as far as possible.

A Turf Club manager who was working at the pub on Monday night, told The Age yesterday that nothing untoward had been reported to the venue and, as a consequence, the hotel had not seen fit to review security footage, which was captured by as many as 20 security cameras.

He estimated there were 10 security and 12 bar staff working at the bar on Monday and added: ''We just don't miss things like this.

''I do have security cameras, but … nothing has been reported so there's nothing to look at … I don't know what he (Graham) looks like, I don't know what she looks like, so where would I start when I've got 16 or 20 security cameras here?''

The AFL's Sue Clark, who manages the league's Respect and Responsibility code that addresses violence against women, is monitoring Richmond's investigation into the Graham case.

AFL boss Andrew Demetriou said yesterday that a complaint of such a nature should be taken up with authorities.

''If it is true, then hopefully it will be forwarded to the police because they are the appropriate body to deal with it from a legal perspective.''

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/no-cctv-on-tiger-assault-20110908-1jzx4.html#ixzz1XNMhrDyk

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2011, 07:43:23 AM »
The Herald-Sun now has audio of the woman making the accusation (voice digitally altered):

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/claims-richmond-tiger-angus-graham-slapped-woman/story-e6frf9ix-1226131855415
couldnt help but laugh listening to that.
"go all in"!

It's a small gene pool on flinders island.

Notice how she said he slapped her but not very hard? yet the reports deliberately left that part out.

It's sad the way journalists have lost all pride in their work and are more interested in entertainment/sensationalism than honest, accurate reporting.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2011, 08:04:53 AM »
Yeah they are just sewer merchants these journos.  I have said it before they are not journalists reporting facts they are entertainers fishing for a response and manipulating the masses.. and this is where things get dangerous when they apply it to politics and important stuff.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2011, 10:00:13 AM »
Graham should sue the HUN for defamation.
Imagine being tarred with hitting a woman when it's a load of pap? I'm sure Greg Denham would like it if the shoe was on the other foot.
Do your bloody research you hacks.

Also we have Dimitriou coming out and with OTT statements like 'Mad Mondays are are thing of the past' when the allegations are entirely baseless.
Yeah I'm sure Angus is thrilled that he's been seen as the scapegoat for the fun police to put such things to a halt for every AFL player.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2011, 10:42:47 AM »
But I digress.....

And who can ever forget Beefcake's cameo in the movie remake, 'The Club'. Heres the famous scene of when he spots the silver seagull, whilst play continues around him

"why?" he thinks, "why can't we just all get along?" Kingy is busily jumper punching the opposition ruckman and GraGra beefcakes knows he has to go and apply the slap.
Lots of people name their swords......

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2011, 11:01:13 AM »
Graham should sue the HUN for defamation.
Imagine being tarred with hitting a woman when it's a load of pap? I'm sure Greg Denham would like it if the shoe was on the other foot.
Do your bloody research you hacks.

Sue them for what exactly.  :-\

They haven't said he did it all any of the media have said is that he is being investigated for "allegedly slapping a woman".

Which part of that is untrue? None of it because that's exactly what has happened - an allegation has been made and it's been invetigated

I certainly don't agree with how it's been reported (the HUNS secret digital altered tapes are a joke) but that's the way the the media (& I use that term loosely) works

BTW Denham works for the Australian not the HUN

The woman went to the HUN with the story who didn't run with it straight away (so unHUN like TBH) and somehow Denham got hold of it and reported it and as those type of stories go I thought he put the Club in a pretty good light eg being proactive with their own investigation etc.

How did he find about about it?

Who knows but I have my suspicions but I'll keep those to myself seeing I don't feel like being sued this week ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2011, 11:26:48 AM »
Whats the point of this?

Is she pressing charges of assault? Or is she bored and amusing herself?

If it wasn't a footballer, nothing would happen.

Move on stop wasting paper.
Go Tigers!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2011, 11:30:59 AM »
Whats the point of this?

Is she pressing charges of assault? Or is she bored and amusing herself?

She hasn't gone to the Police and lodge a complaint to be investigated she just made her allegation to the HUN  ::) ::)

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2011, 11:35:40 AM »
Would help if beefy could remember what went on  :help

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2011, 11:42:47 AM »
Would help if beefy could remember what went on  :help

That could be a problem, week in week out he forgets how to ruck and that's when he's sober ;D

Ox

« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2011, 02:00:13 PM »

"____________________"