Author Topic: Claims Angus Graham 'slapped' woman (Australian)  (Read 5511 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Claims Angus Graham 'slapped' woman (Australian)
« on: September 08, 2011, 01:43:12 AM »
Claims Richmond Tiger Angus Graham 'slapped' woman

Greg Denham
    September 08, 2011

THE AFL's notorious Mad Monday celebrations may have turned sour for Richmond ruckman Angus Graham.

The Tigers were last night conducting an internal investigation into an alleged incident involving a woman at a North Melbourne hotel about midnight on Monday.

It is believed a woman sent an email to a Melbourne newspaper claiming she was slapped by an intoxicated Graham, following a day of drinking by Richmond players at another location.

She also claimed he poured a drink over her.

The AFL was yesterday notified by the Tigers after Richmond was contacted by a Melbourne newspaper over the allegations. It is believed Victoria Police had not been contacted by the woman.

As of last night, Richmond had failed to substantiate any of the woman's claims.

The alleged incident was at the Turf Club Hotel on the edge of the CBD and not far from Melbourne University.

Graham, 24, who is contracted for another two years, has flown home to King Island, but Richmond was considering whether to fly him back to Melbourne to assist in the club investigation.

The Australian understands a Richmond official yesterday spoke to Graham, who said he could not remember anything.

Several Richmond players are understood to have also been drinking at the Turf Club Hotel, but may not have been with Graham at the time of the alleged incident.

Mad Monday is the first working day after the conclusion of the home and away season for the nine clubs not playing in finals.

It has been notorious for players binge-drinking and behaving in inappropriate ways.

Last year, AFL general manager of football operations Adrian Anderson said the league would speak to Collingwood after seeing footage of players drinking from a beer bong during their Mad Monday celebrations after winning the premiership.

"Let me just clarify, there is nothing wrong with getting dressed up and having fun but things like the beer bong is not a good look and not what we are after," he said then. The AFL was under pressure to ban Mad Mondays in 2008 because of the antics of Carlton's Brendan Fevola, who paraded outside a Melbourne bar in a nightie with a sex toy protruding from his pants.

Fevola was on a booze-fuelled outing with teammates when he arrived at Federation Square wearing a pink nightie with the sex toy strapped around his waist.

Video footage of the incident taken on a mobile phone was posted on YouTube.

In the same year, Melbourne's Ben Holland needed medical attention after being struck by teammate Nathan Carroll following a day-night Mad Monday drinking session.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/claims-richmond-tiger-angus-graham-slapped-woman/story-e6frg7mf-1226131695762

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Claims Angus Graham 'slapped' woman (Australian)
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 01:59:41 AM »
Delisted.
Go Tigers!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 02:33:20 AM »
The publican had no issues though  ???

GONE are the days of Brendan Fevola donning a nightie while gyrating with a sex toy, with Mad Monday labelled a "well behaved" event.

Well at least by Turf Club publican Matt McMahon, who had AFL clubs Melbourne, Richmond and North Melbourne roll in.

"The only reason we would have had to have called in security was to kick out Michael Ferrito for his bad moves on the dance floor," he said.

Fellow Roos Brent "Boomer" Harvey and Andrew Swallow were living it up with Demon Brent Malony and many Tigers until 1am.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/monday-not-quite-so-mad-any-more/story-e6frf96x-1226130876871

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 03:26:40 AM »
Graham, 24, who is contracted for another two years
:gobdrop
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 03:54:33 AM »
I thought he was out of contract? :banghead

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 05:35:32 AM »
God this is what we and he needs.....fukcnig not. he should of started training now not peeing it up.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 06:34:51 AM »
If true, the toughest thing he's done in his career
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 06:38:22 AM »
Very brave of Angus
Also why would a club official comment the Australian ?

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 06:40:56 AM »
This also justifies Angus nickname of "goose".lol

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 06:48:28 AM »
I think we need to find out if it is true first before we begin casting stones at him. He may be a crap footballer but the laws of natural justice still apply.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 06:50:39 AM »
Graham, 24, who is contracted for another two years
:gobdrop

I thought he was out of contract? :banghead

He was/is

Unless they've re-signed him

Only positive is it would seem The club is not carrying out contract negotiations through the media this year  :-\ :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 07:36:02 AM »
cannot beleive we would be stupid enough to have resigned him,

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 08:15:11 AM »
Let's wait and see what eventuates before hanging the bloke.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 08:20:53 AM »
He is stampin his foot down, and letting the world know they gonna get a slap if they mess with him, he is also an equal opportunity slapper.  No discrimination here.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 08:29:37 AM »
Any comments for this thread Go Richo?