Author Topic: Stopping the boats  (Read 65270 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Stopping the boats
« Reply #405 on: May 30, 2014, 05:33:36 AM »
Ah yes. Catholics English Tony

A contradiction wrapped in a riddle

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #406 on: May 30, 2014, 10:05:16 AM »
What is wrong with this arrogant prick?

:banghead

Immigration Minister Scott Morrison accused of taking 'petty, vindictive' axe to Refugee Council's budget funding

By political reporter Latika Bourke

The Federal Government has decided to axe its funding to the Refugee Council of Australia, a fortnight after allocating it in the budget.

The Refugee Council says Immigration Minister Scott Morrison's decision to cut the funding is "petty and vindictive."

The budget put aside $140,000 per year for the organisation over the next four years.

But the Refugee Council's Paul Power says the Department of Immigration has since phoned him to say that Mr Morrison has decided to axe the funding.

"A lot of people are telling us that they see it as petty and potentially vindictive towards an organisation that can often be critical of government," he said.

"It's a very small amount of money that the money is saving, and also the money was allocated in the budget.

"It's really indicative of the current government's attitude to non-government organisations that are working with refugees and asylum seekers."

Mr Power says he was told the agency had to "share the pain" of the budget’s spending cuts.

The organisation is 33 years old and serves as the national umbrella body for 180 organisations that deal with refugees and asylum seekers.

The federal funding it receives makes up a quarter of its budget, with 43 per cent coming from donations and membership fees.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #407 on: May 30, 2014, 10:10:21 PM »
140k  :bow

tony_montana

« Reply #408 on: June 02, 2014, 12:41:14 PM »
Ask for more donations, easy fix

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #409 on: June 18, 2014, 07:00:14 PM »
Cost per boat person Manu's island $ 400,000

Children detained. 190

Child abuse.  X3

Deaths. X1

Eyes removed. X1

Judge injury into abuse blocked

Yessss big Tony.  :bow
Geez mark 2

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #410 on: June 26, 2014, 05:51:15 AM »
Speaks for itself.

Morrison: asylum seekers should go home or face 'very, very long' detention

Oliver Laughland   
theguardian.com, Wednesday 25 June 2014 15.56 AEST   

Extraordinary film footage has emerged of Australian immigration minister Scott Morrison directly threatening asylum seekers detained in Australia’s offshore detention centres in Papua New Guinea and Nauru to return to the countries they have fled from or spend a “very, very long time” in detention.

The footage, obtained by Guardian Australia, shows the immigration minister staring down the lens of a camera and telling asylum seekers in a pre-recorded message: “There are new rules in place under this government so I urge you to think carefully about your next decision and to make a decision to get on with the rest of your life and to not remain here and take the option to go back to the country from which you’ve originally come.”

It is further evidence of the concerted attempts by Australia’s right-wing Coalition government to coerce asylum seekers to return and follows news published by Fairfax newspapers that some are being offered an increased repatriation incentive of $10,000.

Australia is a signatory to the Refugee Convention, of which non-refoulement – the rule of not returning asylum seekers to persecution – is a core principle.

Before urging asylum seekers to return, Morrison warns: “If you choose not to go home then you will spend a very, very long time here and so I urge you to think carefully about that decision and make a decision to get on with the rest of your life.”

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/25/morrison-asylum-seekers-should-go-home-or-face-very-very-long-detention

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #411 on: June 26, 2014, 10:01:11 AM »
Guantanamo Bay  for all of the bustards

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #412 on: June 26, 2014, 10:22:26 PM »
What would you do 1965?

Open door?

If you are going to try and come in the back door illegally, you should be treated as a criminal.

If you attempt to come into the country the legal way and get approved, WELCOME.

You crack the poos about the budget and the institution known as Play School being privatised.

Play School will be the least of the problems if we aren't tough on boat people.

They come in and are a drain on the economy.

Personally, i'd send them to PNG etc, then put them on the first plane back to where they came from.

LOWER THE COSTS, not import life long drains on the economy.

And I lived for years in a rural part of a 3rd world country, so yes, I have an idea what it's like.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #413 on: June 27, 2014, 07:20:28 AM »
What would you do 1965?

Open door?

If you are going to try and come in the back door illegally, you should be treated as a criminal.

If you attempt to come into the country the legal way and get approved, WELCOME.

You crack the poos about the budget and the institution known as Play School being privatised.

Play School will be the least of the problems if we aren't tough on boat people.

They come in and are a drain on the economy.

Personally, i'd send them to PNG etc, then put them on the first plane back to where they came from.

LOWER THE COSTS, not import life long drains on the economy.

And I lived for years in a rural part of a 3rd world country, so yes, I have an idea what it's like.

Happy they have stopped the boats and stopped people dying at sea.

But not so happy about treating anybody as badly as they are treating the refugees at the moment.

Have you no heart?

:huh

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #414 on: June 27, 2014, 08:31:13 AM »
What about the ones that die in their own country

Cause they are going to get killed - be it due to religion nor ethnic minority

Yet unable to come here via legal means 

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #415 on: June 27, 2014, 03:41:09 PM »
What about the ones that die in their own country

Cause they are going to get killed - be it due to religion nor ethnic minority

Yet unable to come here via legal means

Please give me the nationalities and I will give you my thoughts. Without listing 100.

Be sensible in the nationalities and I'll provide what I think they should do.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #416 on: June 27, 2014, 03:43:26 PM »

Have you no heart?

Don't get smart.

I sponsor an entire primary school in the Philippines and help teach English and maths.

It's the illegal boat people that make it so difficult for legitimate people like my wife to migrate here the correct way.

Don't question my heart when it comes to people less fortunate.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #417 on: June 27, 2014, 04:03:36 PM »

Have you no heart?

Don't get smart.

I sponsor an entire primary school in the Philippines and help teach English and maths.

It's the illegal boat people that make it so difficult for legitimate people like my wife to migrate here the correct way.

Don't question my heart when it comes to people less fortunate.

:clapping

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #418 on: June 27, 2014, 04:11:32 PM »

Happy they have stopped the boats and stopped people dying at sea.

But not so happy about treating anybody as badly as they are treating the refugees at the moment.

Also, I agree with all this.

Stop the boats - Agree
Stop people dying at sea - Agree
Don't treat people badly - Agree

If they are on the first plane home they aren't being mistreated. Send them first class if you like with champagne and caviar.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #419 on: June 27, 2014, 04:17:19 PM »
I'm sure your wife is a gun and I am sure she should be allowed in our country if me or you or her were in charge

But it's a big bit of land and enough room for boat people and your wife IMO

The two issues IMO are separate

To play devils adovact: Why not build solar plants desalination plants and some commission flats and let em run wild? Probably cost about the same as what the vid government is going to give to th porkies company  :whistle. Pakistan has 2.6 million of them so its not that unrealistic. Germany has half million. Most of this country is non aboriginal and has had some family that's migrated here in last 100 years one a or another

Good work on giving money to the school that's quite cool. The thing if you vote liberal - don't you think tony not giving five billion to the worlds poorest as promised is rather poor form?

The boats will never stop cause people are happy to die to risk a better life. You would have to build a wall Israeli style
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 05:17:11 PM by Judge Roughneck »