Author Topic: NAB Cup 2012  (Read 25486 times)

gerkin greg

Re: NAB Cup 2012
« Reply #240 on: February 17, 2012, 11:26:43 PM »
Gus was serviceable. Was good early. Worked his ass off to get to both ends of the ground. Got a fist in a few times to knock it through for a point. Split a pack towards the end of the game to set up an oppurtunity for Miller? I believe. Rammed a few taps down Tucky's throat. Got as much of the ball as what Maric did. :thumbsup

I expect to see the usual BS posted about Gus (because I used to do it too) but he wasn't bad.

Gus has no tank and compliments it by getting thicker as the game goes on. Eevan was better but not by a lot.

Tommy Derickx is the future.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #241 on: February 17, 2012, 11:29:30 PM »
Davey.....where you at big fella.......you were talking up Gus mate in the second game......come on what happened... ;)

Was White good was he??

Gus was serviceable. Was good early. Worked his ass off to get to both ends of the ground. Got a fist in a few times to knock it through for a point. Split a pack towards the end of the game to set up an oppurtunity for Miller? I believe. Rammed a few taps down Tucky's throat. Got as much of the ball as what Maric did. :thumbsup

I expect to see the usual BS posted about Gus (because I used to do it too) but he wasn't bad.

Ok mate, I will stick by the big man....go Gus.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #242 on: February 17, 2012, 11:30:21 PM »
and Gus was hopeless, walking up the ground behind play, he might get fit by round 14 at Coburg

Ivan Maric and Tyrone Vickery will do ruck duties also see Derrickx as a real chance as well.

At least one poster watches the game

dwaino

« Reply #243 on: February 17, 2012, 11:31:39 PM »
just got back.
Great second game,
Will say this.
Brad Miller will be good for us this year.was good last year
Lost a bit of his bulk and seems more mobile.
"mini maric"" can play, he is a rookie? wont be for long.
Big problem we have is that as good a season Rance had last year, he isnt going to big enough to play against guys like Petrie and Buddy or most taller forwards. might be a huge problem.

Bloody oath. I hope Rance was just teething a bit tonight and will fire up. Just didn't seem himself or something. I'm not really sure we have anyone though. Our defensive talls is a real issue right now. I do think Rance would make a great full time defensive tall, and Grimes looks like he has really stacked the weight on and I thought he had some really impressive pace tonight to get to a spoil or tackle, it's just that McGuane is the 'same-old' and Post was pretty aweful. I walked passed an elevator that a bunch of the boys were trying to pile into hoping it would take them to the rooms, and up close I noticed Astbury and Moore were huge. I'm a big fella myself (195cm/105kegs) but I felt pretty small walking passed them. Hopefully once either of them get fit enough they'll round off the back line and be able to take the sting out of the big gun forwards.

On top of the pre-season rookie promo, how many do we get with two on the long term injury list? Getting both Maric and Miller up would give plenty of options. I didn't recognise Miller for a bit at the start either. Like you said, lost some bulk and hasn't had a hair cut  ;D

:lol

The dinky handballs to someone in a worse position that you have mostly gone though. those "here you get tackled, coz i dont want to" have nearly gone

:lol true. I cracked it in the last half of the Hawks game though when it was in our back pocket, Post had it and while Jacko was running towards traffic he was still expecting the handball. Posty waited and passed it off to someone unsuspecting and it was nearly a turnover (I think I might of been Houli?)

dwaino

« Reply #244 on: February 17, 2012, 11:33:19 PM »
and Gus was hopeless, walking up the ground behind play, he might get fit by round 14 at Coburg

Ivan Maric and Tyrone Vickery will do ruck duties also see Derrickx as a real chance as well.

Derrickx was really awkward in the Norf game. Seemed to come out of his shell in the Dawks game. Liked his involvement in linking handballs, laying on a few tackles and crashing a couple packs. It's a shame he royally messed up the soccer goal in the first game when the ball bounced for him and presented a dolly  :lol

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #245 on: February 17, 2012, 11:34:54 PM »
Jack was very quiet in the first game.

:-[
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #246 on: February 17, 2012, 11:38:35 PM »

Gus has no tank and compliments it by getting thicker as the game goes on. Eevan was better but not by a lot.

Tommy Derickx is the future.

Yeah he's stuffed after a few decent efforts but at least he had a crack and didn't get dominated. didn't see his opponent do much. the way people talk about Beefcake you'd think he just got slaughtered by Ray Hall.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #247 on: February 17, 2012, 11:40:28 PM »

Was our set up for round 1 revealed during the game :lol Vickery didn't ruck at all and neither did Derickx. Would think Maric will be #1 ruck to start the year with someone pinch hitting whenever the big fella needs a spell

gerkin greg

« Reply #248 on: February 17, 2012, 11:42:41 PM »
the way people talk about Beefcake you'd think he just got slaughtered by Ray Hall.

would happily swap McGuane for Hall
he's been around long enough to make an impact and he doesn't

10 FLAGS

« Reply #249 on: February 17, 2012, 11:43:46 PM »

Derrickx was really awkward in the Norf game. Seemed to come out of his shell in the Dawks game. Liked his involvement in linking handballs, laying on a few tackles and crashing a couple packs. It's a shame he royally messed up the soccer goal in the first game when the ball bounced for him and presented a dolly  :lol

Derrickx is only at the start of his career and shows good potential for improvement, Graham has had his chance.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #250 on: February 17, 2012, 11:45:07 PM »
They're the same age :lol

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #251 on: February 17, 2012, 11:46:04 PM »
the way people talk about Beefcake you'd think he just got slaughtered by Ray Hall.

would happily swap McGuane for Hall
he's been around long enough to make an impact and he doesn't

I didn't mean to have a whack at Woy Woy :(

HKTiger will be here later to tell us about the shut down role Lukey performed to perfection.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #252 on: February 17, 2012, 11:46:57 PM »
They're the same age :lol

Age may be the same but one blokes had numerous chances and the other bloke is just starting out in AFL footy.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #253 on: February 17, 2012, 11:58:27 PM »
Anyway when do we play the next round of games?

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #254 on: February 18, 2012, 12:01:18 AM »
next game is closer to a proper game, no more round robins.

i think it's freo over there.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI