Author Topic: Brandon Ellis to Gold Coast / Richmond receive pick 39 as compo [merged]  (Read 296980 times)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Brandon Ellis [merged]
« Reply #1695 on: June 04, 2018, 07:42:12 PM »
Gotta love AT’s unrelenting backing of Brando. It’s a nice refresher from all the bashing he usually gets.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1696 on: June 15, 2018, 01:03:03 AM »
Brandon at home with his dog:

..a *gulp* g-g-g-ground ball...yikes!!!!
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #1697 on: June 15, 2018, 11:56:30 AM »
Show some class Dioc. No need to ridicule our own players like this before such a big occasion.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #1698 on: June 15, 2018, 11:59:01 AM »
Show some class Dioc. No need to ridicule our own players like this before such a big occasion.

Bellis sleeps with the light on

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1699 on: June 15, 2018, 12:00:53 PM »

You're his bunk mate, turn it off for him Damo gee.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1700 on: June 17, 2018, 10:23:10 PM »
Richmond premiership player Brandon Ellis pays tribute to Eurydice Dixon with black armband

June 17, 2018 9:14pm
FOX SPORTS

RICHMOND premiership player Brandon Ellis has paid tribute to Eurydice Dixon by wearing a black armband at the MCG on Sunday.

The Tigers midfielder grew up with Dixon who was murdered on Tuesday night and was “shocked” by her death.

“I grew up with her in the same housing commission flats for more than 10 years,” Ellis told 3AW Football after the match.

“Unfortunately we know what happened on Tuesday night, so it (black armband) was just in remembrance of her and it was just to send a strong statement out there that it’s not acceptable what happened.”

Ellis also reflected on the “tough week” that he had, having grown up with and around the area where Dixon lived.

“I grew up in Princes Park and know she would’ve walked that route home most nights,” Ellis said.

“It’s just really sad that women can’t just go walking alone.

“These men have to have a real hard look at themselves and have just got to know that it’s not acceptable.”

Ellis also declared that the Tigers’ 18-point victory was “for her.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/richmond-premiership-player-brandon-ellis-pays-tribute-to-eurydice-dixon-with-black-armband/news-story/a033da47d62d4a45d6576ed3cdeae7bb

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1701 on: July 07, 2018, 03:34:51 PM »
Tiger moves in with skipper after 'wake-up call'

Jennifer Phelan
afl.com.au
Jul 7, 2018 11:16AM

BRANDON Ellis says he is loving the experience of living with "ultimate professional" Trent Cotchin and his family after hitting a form slump earlier this season that saw him dumped to the VFL for a month.

The 24-year-old Richmond premiership player has recently moved from the South Yarra home he shared with teammate Nathan Broad to the captain's house in Melbourne's northern suburbs.

After spending four weeks in the VFL from the end of April, Ellis said he was determined to make sure he was entrenched in the AFL team by September. 

And for now, living with Cotchin, his wife Brooke and young daughters Harper and McKenzie has given Ellis a balance in his life that he believes is helping.

"Trent had a spare room available so I asked if I could jump in there," Ellis told AFL.com.au, after the Tigers' round 16 win over Adelaide.

"I'm loving living there.

"He's the ultimate professional, he's so selfless, he'll do anything for his family, and even taking in me, it just shows that he's so selfless, he just wants to help me and get the best out of me.

"That's why he's a great captain and he deserves everything that he gets."

Ellis was ordered to go back to the VFL after having 16 possessions – just one contested – against Melbourne in round five.

It was a directive that came as somewhat of a shock to him, given he'd played 111 consecutive games. 

But he copped it on the chin, worked on his deficiencies, and earned a call-up when Dylan Grimes missed the round 10 clash with St Kilda with a tight back.

Since then, he's been one of the constants across half-back with Bachar Houli missing since round 11, Nick Vlastuin out against the Crows with suspension, and now with Broad set to be sidelined for multiple games with a broken cheekbone. 

Ellis said his demotion was the "wake-up call" he needed and believes he has flourished since Hardwick's challenge to match the feats of fellow defender Jayden Short and take his game to another level.

"It wasn't that I took my place for granted, but I probably got a little too comfortable because I'd played so many games in a row over so many years," he said.

"I didn't really expect to get dropped.

"But, it happened and I took it well and had a good chat to 'Dimma' about it. 

"He just wanted me to go back and work on my contested ball and aerial work, so I did that and the opportunity came up against St Kilda.

"Now I've just got to keep putting my best foot forward and keep doing everything I can to stay in the team because it's a bloody good team and I want to be there when September comes around because who knows what can happen."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-07/tiger-ellis-moves-in-with-skipper-cotchin-after-wakeup-call

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1702 on: July 07, 2018, 03:45:49 PM »
Been very good since back.Gez got to love Cotch ultimate professional he has grown into a great captain.

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #1703 on: July 07, 2018, 03:58:03 PM »

Don’t think he does

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1704 on: July 07, 2018, 04:04:03 PM »

Don’t think he does
  :clapping

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1705 on: July 07, 2018, 04:20:14 PM »
Was excellent last night.  :clapping
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #1706 on: July 07, 2018, 09:10:42 PM »

Don’t think he does

I’ll point out the next 10 times he pulls out of a contest between now and the end of the home and away season

Soft as a soggy flamonge

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1707 on: July 07, 2018, 09:32:28 PM »
Aren’t the Tigers paying him enough coin? Why the heck is he living with the captain?

Does he still think he’s entitled to commission housing? Has he lost all his money? Is he giving too much to his drug addict mates?

Why hadn’t he bought a house yet or renting a nice apartment in Port Melbourne?

I don’t get it to be honest. Maybe the club needs to help him budget.

........pretty good game though when he wasn’t pulling out of the odd contest.

The club that keeps giving.

Lebowski

« Reply #1708 on: July 07, 2018, 11:03:15 PM »
Aren’t the Tigers paying him enough coin? Why the heck is he living with the captain?

Does he still think he’s entitled to commission housing? Has he lost all his money? Is he giving too much to his drug addict mates?

Pretty sure he bought his parents a place the moment he was able to financially - given they were commission tenants Id say he's probably paying the mortgage too. Good lad that wanted t help them get out of there before he helped himself.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1709 on: July 08, 2018, 05:53:32 AM »

Pretty sure he bought his parents a place the moment he was able to financially - given they were commission tenants Id say he's probably paying the mortgage too. Good lad that wanted t help them get out of there before he helped himself.

Yes commendable but surely there’s more than one bedroom in that house he allegedly bought?
Why inconvenience the Cotchin family?
The club that keeps giving.