Author Topic: New coach, new year... same old schit  (Read 9247 times)

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
New coach, new year... same old schit
« on: March 27, 2005, 05:53:52 PM »
 :banghead  :banghead  :banghead  :banghead  :banghead

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Sack Wallace
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 07:24:40 PM »
Surely the time has come!

* He has a worse win/loss ratio than Danny Frawley
* He has led us to the worst losing streak in our proud club's history

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: New coach, new year... same old schit
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 08:27:23 PM »
Disgraceful, pathetic you name it :banghead  :help

First 20 minutes was promising. We had alot of momentum moving the ball well, running in numbers up the ground and linking up well.

We should have been in front at quarter time except for 3 turnovers that costed us goals and got the Cats going:
- Chaffey running off CHB under no pressure just needed to pass it rightish to a teammate up the ground but instead went left side straight to the Geelong opponent  :banghead
- AK out of a back pocket OOF under no pressure  :banghead
- Gas off a HBF again under no pressure straight to a Cat on the wing  :banghead.

It just kills ya when that happens in succession  :scream.

Once we fell a couple goals down we just dropped our bundle and confidence, stopped running for each other and working as team. Got completely smashed at every contest and out of the centre from then on by the harder, more desperate and more skillful Cat runners.  With every Geelong goal we fell back in our stupid old habits under Spud. Too slow moving the ball, stop-start footy with handgrenade handballs and kicks that couldn't hit targets. Too Richo-centric and no leadership  :banghead  :banghead  :banghead. The Geelong players were so confident of turning over footy from us that Enright and Bartel would run forward of the ball to a corner of the centre square in readiness for the footy and get it everytime.

I know they short kick alot but they had 70 more kicks at 3/4 time  :o yet we had more handballs  :help.

Geelong would never try to kick to a contest. They kept switching the play from one side of the ground to the other until they found someone free up the ground. This should have given us plenty of time to flood back and clog up their forward 50 but we were too lazy to get numbers back allowing the Cats to spot up teammates and then pass into an open forward line. Training drill stuff. Most of our blokes just stood and ball watched 70m out from the Cats goal. In fact there were many instances of ball-watching instead of going full on at the footy  :banghead.

The dumbest and softest footy side of all time  >:(  :help.

Only positive is we're not on the bottom of the ladder  :-\.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Sack Wallace
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005, 08:29:44 PM »
Surely the time has come!

* He has a worse win/loss ratio than Danny Frawley
* He has led us to the worst losing streak in our proud club's history

lol Jake. After today's debarcle needed a laugh.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2005, 10:05:53 PM »
Richmond Stats

Player  K   H   P   M   HO   T   FF  FA  G   B
Joel Bowden  5   9   14   2   0   3   1   1   0   0 
Nathan G. Brown  10   4   14   2   0   0   0   0   3   0
Wayne Campbell  9   12   21   8   1   2   1   0   1   0 
Mark Chaffey  13   2   15   4   0   3   0   0   1   0 
Mark Coughlan  10   10   20   4   0   3   2   1   0   0 
Brett Deledio  8   1   9   6   0   2   0   2   0   0 
Darren Gaspar  7   6   13   4   0   0   0   2   1   0 
Mark Graham  6   6   12   4   0   0   2   1   1   0 
Ray Hall  2   7   9   3   0   1   1   2   0   0 
Chris Hyde  6   11   17   3   0   1   1   0   0   0
Daniel Jackson  3   2   5   2   0   3   1   0   0   0 
Kane Johnson  9   4   13   3   0   0   0   0   0   0 
Andrew Kellaway  3   9   12   1   1   2   1   0   0   0 
Trent Knobel  0   5   5   2   16   0   0   1   0   0 
Andrew Krakouer  7   2   9   0   0   1   2   1   1   0 
Chris Newman  14   5   19   3   0   4   1   0   0   0 
Kayne Pettifer  5   3   8   1   0   1   2   0   3   0 
Matthew Richardson  11   2   13   9   0   1   0   1   3   2 
Thomas Roach  4   3   7   0   0   1   0   0   0   0 
Troy Simmonds  5   3   8   3   11   1   1   0   0   0 
Greg Tivendale  9   10   19   4   0   1   2   0   0   0 
Shane Tuck  13   8   21   3   0   2   0   1   1   1 

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=matchresults&spg=default&m_tournamentmatch_id=1350
« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 10:12:05 PM by one-eyed »

froars

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2005, 10:08:24 PM »
Where's your source for this please, MT?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2005, 10:13:20 PM »
Where's your source for this please, MT?

AFL site. I just added the link above  :cheers

froars

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2005, 10:15:20 PM »
Thanks, i was more interested in the Cats, as I had a few in my Footyrocks thing, including Ottens  :shh

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2005, 04:58:09 AM »
I'd like to know why there seemed to be 40 Geelong players on the field during the game.

The lack of manning up was a sorry state.

We were smashed in the centre and just werent hard enough at the pill, it just appeared to me Geelong we able to get the ball out to one of their own or get a quick kick out of the pack much better than us.  The amount of Ball their runners had its no wonder we lost by 10 goals. The cats just seemed like they couldnt do anything wrong, would that be from lack of pressure?

Turn overs were not the only reason why we lost

In saying that out of the players I was most annoyed with were:

Tivendale .... 19 touches ???? how and where seriously I didnt see them, were they effective? because i think he played poo
Chaffey ...... His ability to get the ball actually hurts us more
Kellaway ....... Whats happened to this guy? Always behind his opponent and just doesnt seem to give a poo, I'd say Hall is better than Andy Actually
Brown ........ Although i think he is great, he was unseen until it was too late, for someone on so much $ he didnt play very well at all
Knobel ........ After watching him play he should contest centre rucks and get off the field cant take a grab to save his life
Simmonds ..... For such a big bloke he was unseen I know he can play alot better but jeez Troy talk about trying to make urself look like Ben Holland.
Krakouer....... kicks the first goal and goes and sits with his dad in the stands...... useless

Things i want to get off my chest:

Kicking to Richo, whats the deal with players kicking it to his feet? and why did he seem like he was the only one putting in the hard yards leading?
Gaspar I actually though played well had that shocking turn over which hurt big time but did kick a goal early which IMO cancelled it out, definately not one of our worst.
Graham, when the game was over he played forward and actually presented himself, it really highlighted to me how crap our fwd line was when a guy 30+ from another club where he played as a backman shows us how to lead and make a contest inside our 50 even when it was all over.

All in all I felt our midfield really let us down and it made our backline even worse, we didnt have any runners willing to man up when they had the ball or run hard enough forward into space when we had the ball and again our decision making kicking forward was really poor. Its ok to bang the ball to the hot spot 20 meters out but how about doing it when we have numbers back there!!! Also I sometimes wonder if our forwards are leading to soon because we couldnt take a grab inside our 50 all day.

I dislike losing...... I HATE getting belted  :banghead
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 05:07:41 AM by Puntroadroar »
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Online cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2005, 07:42:44 AM »

Only positive is we're not on the bottom of the ladder  :-\.

Well at least you found a positive MT - As far as I was concerned there were NO positives to come out of the game at all.

I have tried to keep a lid on it before the season with all the hype going on and must admit I did get sucked in to expecting something a bit better than what I saw yesterday.

But as I have been saying all along - Geelong just missed a GF berth last and we were absolute crap last year so dont expect any miracles straight away. We have a few new guys and a game plan (Yep I said game plan) it is probably the list is not used to this idea and it will take time to get used to sticking to one.

We just cannot turn over 1/2 a list at the end of a year and it will take a couple more years to weed out the rubbish. In the meantime make sure the kids are rotated through the side for experience in preperation for the years ahead.  :thumbsup

I will leave  :banghead in the cupboard for a few more weeks at least.

End note - How big is next weeks Hawthorn v Richmond at the G - No winners to come out of that match just 1 BIG loser. I am going to be as nervous as if we were playing a final.  :help
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 07:46:14 AM by CUB »

Offline H Tiger

• Premiership Captain
  • Tigers the biggest hunter
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2005, 08:18:34 AM »
Very disappointed in hearing the result.

I avoided finding out the score till 10pm last night as I was going to watch the replay (on at 1:10am in Qld, come on next TV rights). Glad I was foiled after finding out the score walking in on a newsflash.

Happy I didn't stay up might have broken down being tired and emotional.

Reading the reports maybe we should just start playing more kids because they couldn't be any worse than our seniors.

At least we almost hit the 16 goal target, maybe we would have won if the pussies had stayed in the pub all summer.

Anyway might have been a bit silly to think a side that almost got to the GF last year would have dropped their bundle against the previous seasons spooner.

Are we still playing an even worse side next week?

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2005, 09:11:31 AM »
PRR agree with everything you said. I must admit I certainly didn't go along yesterday expecting miracles and I still expect us to finish in the bottom 4. That said I was still disappointed in the way the players seemed to drop their bundles we Geelong started to get on top.

People have to realise though that the Cats have taken quite a while to get to where they are now...this is Bomber's 6th year with them and they've finished 7, 12, 9, 12 and then last year 4. Sides that are being developed and changed radically usually take at least 3 years to come on. St Kilda is another good example....2001 = 15, 2002 = 15, 2003 = 11, 2004 = 3. These sides both took some horrible batterings along the path to improvement.

On the positive side (yes ever the eternal optimist) we managed to kick 98 points and even though 5 goals were in junk time it was still good to play it out. BTW what was with the Cats freezing the ball as though they were only 6 points up...WHAT THE? Hope % costs them dearly :lol. I'd still rather us lose by 10 and kick 15 plus goals than lose by 6 and kick 6 or 7.

Another positive...at least Terry makes sense in his press conferences and doesn't make a million excuses for the way we played....liked his line about might as well have spent the pre season in the pub!

Also have to mention Hyde, I watched the replay on Fox (talk about a glutton for punishment) and he got 16 touches and all but one of them hit a target perfectly....admittedly the kick that was searching for boundary line ended up back over his head for a goal, but all in all I think he did pretty well.

As they say in footy there's always next week....must admit I'm a tad nervous.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2005, 09:14:45 AM »
I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF OF THIS NEGATIVE poo!

FOR CHRISTS SAKE ITS ROUND 1 AFTER WINNING THE SPOON! WHAT DO U GUYS EXPECT!

DID YOU NOTICE THAT THE TEAM WAS ACTUALLY VERY SIMILAR TO LAST YEARS TEAM, SURE WE HAD A FEW NEW FACES BUT 95% OF THE TEAM WAS THE SAME poo!

TERRY WALLACE FOR SURE IS GIVING THESE GUYS A CHANCE TO PROVE THEIR WORTH! HE WANTS TO SEE 4 HIMSELF WHERE THESE GUYS ARE AT!!!!!!

HE HAS 5 YEARS TO DO HIS JOB, ITS ONLY RND 1 OF HIS 1ST YEAR!

BROWN SHOULD NOT HAVE PLAYED, HE HAD THE FLU , SPOKE TO HIM AS HE WALKED ACROSS TO THE GROUNG AND HE WAS SICK AS A DOG!

RICHO BUSTED HIS GUTS!

SUGAR SHOWED WHY HE IS JUST AN AVERAGE GOOD PLAYER, BUT GIVE HIM TIME AND SUPPORT

JOEL IS SOFT AND SHOWS NO RESPECT

OK GASPAR APART FROM 1 OR 2 STUPID MISTAKES WAS LOOKING BETTER AND BETTER

TIVENDALE AND KELLAWAY WONT LAST IN THIS TEAM UNDER WALLACE, BELEIVE ME

COGS STILL ISNT 100% AND SHOULD NOT HAVE PLAYED

TUCK AND HYDE SHOWED THEY WILL MAKE IT

ROACH WONT LAST , TOO SOFT AND CLUMSY, RAINES WILL TAKE HIS PLACE 4 SURE

HALL , ITS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME B4 TERRT peees HIM OFF TOO.

SORRY IM SHOUTING HERE, BUT IM FED UP WITH TIGERS BAGGING TIGERS!!!

THERE ARE 22 ROUNDS, TERRY HAS TO SORT OUT THE TEAM IN PLAYING CONDITITIONS NOT PRACTICE MATCHES

BY RND 6 THIS TEAM WILL HAVE A NEW LOOK , TERRY WONT ACCEPT THIS CRAP  AND THE CRAP FROM THE USUAL SUSPECTS, SO TO ALL U TIGER BAGGERS, IF U DONT UNDERSTAND THE BUSINESS OF REBUILDING, pee OFF AND SUPPORT THE SKUNKS!

WE GOT SMASHED YES , WE PLAYED poo YES, BUT WE STILL MANAGED TO KICK 15 GOALS! IMAGING HOW GOOD WE CAN GET WHEN AT OUR WORST WE KICK 15!

DONT JUST BARRACK 4 THE TEAM, SUPPORT THEM , OR F OFF

froars

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2005, 09:19:03 AM »
X, we don't bag the players and coach unmercifully on this site, but we do analyse each game.
Fact remains, it was a woeful performance and the coach made some mistakes leading up to the game that ensured we got a hiding.  Just going over the game - no need for caps.

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2005, 11:43:14 AM »
Please god one game and we have already started the 'Dont bag....just support' line. Please its called analysis.......

Ok I found out Tuck was ill before the game. Its not confirmed if it was a virus or if it was nerves but he was chucking up. This is 100% certain.....May explain why he seemed a bit weary.......I think the main thing here is turnovers. They really hurt us. From that point it just snowballed....

Important notes:
+ STupid handballing: What is it with handballing to a stationary guy for the sake of handballing?
+ Roach: Not ready. panics too much. Raines looked a lot better for Coburg and should have played instead
+ Chubba: OUCH! Newman is getting mauled by two and your watching........Your lucky I didnt jump the fence and smack your head in
+ Cogs: Not mentioned about his ridiculous error in the 2nd quarter which cost us a goal
+ Richo: Dont blame his dummy-spits ANYMORE after seeing another putrid display of disposal to him
+ Gas: Welcome back, still want to pee him off anyone?

It was a classic encounter of Bottom 4 vs Top 4........Lets just hope everyone learns from it because we have a cut-throat match already this week.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne