Author Topic: Changes next week for the Hawks game?  (Read 18013 times)

Gigantor

Re: Changes next week for the Hawks game?
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2012, 07:22:24 PM »
maybe people here see something i have missed in darou.I mean he's certainly a big boy and would present a mountain to overcome,however he just seems so slow both in speed and reaction.From what i saw today he seems a long way off,but i dont know what dimmas is thinking on this and he probably rates these guys in a professional manner.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2012, 07:34:52 PM »
Jack needs to lead harder, but teams scrag and crowd him to death because they know he is our only dangerous forward.
this is correct.
If griffiths replaces miller he will demand a bigger backman to be accountable on him especially outside 50. All clubs aren't concerned with miller getting the ball anywhere outside 40 m from goal thus dropping his direct opponent onto the forward with all the talent.
The club that keeps giving.

Gigantor

« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2012, 07:36:20 PM »
Me i wouldnt drop either jack or miller.In fact if available i would add ty to the forward mix..the biggest headache is CHB.I hope dimma and the boys are busily working on this because the alternatives to Dylan arent exactly making me salivate at the mouth

the claw

« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2012, 07:37:45 PM »
maybe people here see something i have missed in darou.I mean he's certainly a big boy and would present a mountain to overcome,however he just seems so slow both in speed and reaction.From what i saw today he seems a long way off,but i dont know what dimmas is thinking on this and he probably rates these guys in a professional manner.
just going by what has been said about him at coburg. he has been getting good reports from the coaches.
i still maintain we have a good chb but dont play him there that is rance who imo is a questionable fb. are opinions they are like arseholes we all have em.

had a look at most sites and few actually talk about how much our tall defenders struggled in the first half. and it seems in the second half the times essendon went forward  which wasnt a lot they managed to score.

win lose or draw. this yr or in 3 yrs time going with just 2 tall defenders is not good structure.

Gigantor

« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2012, 07:38:39 PM »
AS to griff at this point he seems to be struggling to demand the ball let alone a bigger defender

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2012, 08:09:53 PM »
If you are going drop Miller then you drop Jack. Miller was poor, Jack was pathetic.

Outs: Grimes, King, Jackson

Please outline your thought process behind this comment.

Its a good idea to drop both key tall forwards this week?

What are you talking about?

What don't you understand?

People are saying Miller should be dropped. What I said was if you are going to drop Miller you may as well drop Jack as well as he was as poor if not worse than MIller last night - can I make it any clearer?

I don't think they will drop either

So my outs are fairly straight forward

Grimes is INJURED so he wont play

Kings was terrible - seemed more interested in bumping blokes rtather than trying to get the pill

Jackson - just makes dumb decisions and has poor skills despite what the coaches think I don't think it was something we could afford yesterday certainly it isn't something you can afford to have against the Hawks

Clear enough  ::)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

gerkin greg

« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2012, 08:39:43 PM »
had a look at most sites and few actually talk about how much our tall defenders struggled in the first half. and it seems in the second half the times essendon went forward  which wasnt a lot they managed to score.

are you saying you didn't watch the game?  :huh

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2012, 08:54:30 PM »
Wp your logic is flawed. I am happy you are not coach or ceo of richmond.

It is not a question of did player x have an equal poor game to player y.

The question is which 22 give us the best chance of winning a) next weeks
 Game. b) a flag this year or some future date.

We are living in a vacuum? No its the real world and there is only so many player on the richmond list.

Does it not make sense to invest time and games into jack given his record and age?

If martin and tuck.both only get 5 touches each over the next 6 games do you drop both? Or do you drop tuck and keep martin due to.talent? Even in the case of poor form.

If you are going drop Miller then you drop Jack. Miller was poor, Jack was pathetic.
U

People are saying Miller should be dropped. What I said was if you are going to drop Miller you may as well drop Jack as well as he was as poor if not worse than MIller last night - can I make it any clearer?

Kings was terrible - seemed more interested in bumping blokes rtather than trying to get the pill

Jackson - just makes dumb decisions and has poor skills despite what the coaches think I don't think it was something we could afford yesterday certainly it isn't something you can afford to have against the Hawks

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2012, 09:02:53 PM »

I'm thinking that WP is happy not to be coach or CEO as well.

:lol

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2012, 09:06:53 PM »

Oh dear, not again   :nope

the claw

« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2012, 09:14:19 PM »

lol nope i watched it but have to admit was not objectuive at the time. have since watched it again with just a tad less emotion.

the claw

« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2012, 09:17:50 PM »

you dared be critical that is enough for some.  have to say i agree100%. WOULD GO ONE FURTHER AND CHOP NAHAS AS WELL WHAT A FREAKIN SPUD.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2012, 09:25:43 PM »

It is not a question of did player x have an equal poor game to player y.

The question is which 22 give us the best chance of winning a) next weeks
 Game. b) a flag this year or some future date.

We are living in a vacuum? No its the real world and there is only so many player on the richmond list.

Does it not make sense to invest time and games into jack given his record and age?

If martin and tuck.both only get 5 touches each over the next 6 games do you drop both? Or do you drop tuck and keep martin due to.talent? Even in the case of poor

Again what are you talking about?

Not sure what being a CEO has to do with being a coach. They are 2 totally different roles. Do you think Benny Gale has anything to do with team selection ?   ::)

I said I don't think they will drop either Jack or Miller and btw nor should they

My point which you seem unwilling to understand is this if you going to drop Miller based solely on his game last night then You look at dropping Jack simply because his game last night was woeful. People seem to be blaming our forward woes last night solely on Miller. Our ENTIRE forward line outside of Edwards was pathetic. That's my point. Why single out one bloke. Whether you want to admit it or not but based on output so far in 2012 Miller has performed better than Jack.

I would think that if we had in form REiwoldt running around at the minute we would have won more than 3 games

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2012, 10:20:51 PM »
Maric, Connors and Gus or Vicks in for,

Nahas, Miller and Grimes....

Yes Connors, may as well give him a crack.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2012, 10:39:47 PM »
Are you really that dumb? Jack is twice the player miller is. Jack form might be bad but hes proven and has a decade left. He is playing on the no1 def all the time.

And right about now he needs his anus reefed.  Dropped to the magoos would be a good start to let Jack know how much this is a team game and how important it is to play with a team spirit.  Very very very disappointed with Jack atm.