Author Topic: Finding 9 more wins to make the 8  (Read 15628 times)

Dubstep Dookie

Finding 9 more wins to make the 8
« on: May 19, 2012, 11:27:27 PM »
Where will they come from?

9. Hawthorn           MCG                      Home         Sat      May 26       1.45pm                                SEVEN
10. St Kilda            Etihad Stadium        Away         Fri        June 1        7.50pm            Night             SEVEN
11. Fremantle        MCG                      Home         Sat      June 9         1.40pm                                  FOX
12. GWS                Skoda Stadium       Away         Sat      June 16       2.10pm                                  FOX
13. Bye
14. Adelaide           AAMI Stadium         Away         Sat      June 30       1.40pm CST                           FOX
15. Melbourne        MCG                       Away        Sat      July 7           2.10pm                                  FOX
16. Gold Coast       Cazalys Stadium      Home       Sat      July 14          4.40pm         Twilight              FOX
17. North Melb       MCG                       Home        Sun      July 22        3.15pm                                 SEVEN
18. Carlton             MCG                      Away         Sat      July 28         7.40pm            Night             SEVEN
19. Brisbane           'Gabba                   Away         Sat      Aug 4           7.40pm            Night               FOX
20. Bulldogs            MCG                     Home         Sun     Aug 12         3.15pm                                 SEVEN
21. Fremantle         Patersons Stadium  Away        Sat      Aug 18         2.40pm WST                           FOX
22. Essendon          MCG                     Home         Fri       Aug 24         7.50pm             Night            SEVEN
23. Port Adelaide     MCG                     Home         TBA   

http://www.afl.com.au/fixtures/tabid/10586/default.aspx

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Finding 9 more wins to make the 8
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 11:29:46 PM »
Hopefully 1 from the next 2 weeks.

Win against Freo, hopefully it's a cold day at the G, make them even more dis-interested.

GWS
Melbourne
Gold Coast
Norf
Lions
Dogs
Poort
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 11:42:55 PM »
Teams will need 13 wins plus a good percentage to make the finals this year IMO. So we'll need to win another 10  :-\. For mine we won't be playing finals this year. Next year barring a number of key injuries we should. We need to hit this next draft and trade period and free agency and fill those last holes by adding more classier players.

Having said that, for us to win another 10 games:

St Kilda
Fremantle
GWS
Melbourne
Gold Coast
North Melbourne
Brisbane
Bulldogs
Port Adelaide
Plus one of either Hawthorn or the Essendon rematch which will be a home game. Freo even away on current form may be gettable.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 11:56:47 PM »
Grimes gone, it's all over.....sorry guys we can win 6 more at best!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 05:35:29 PM »
CAN THE TIGERS STILL MAKE THE EIGHT?
Glenn McFarlane
May 20, 2012

Realistically, it's going to be tough from here, but their 3-5 win-loss tally should be better than it is.

Gallant performances against Essendon, West Coast and Geelong have ended in disappointment. But being gallant doesn't pay the bills, and that's the frustration for Richmond supporters. It's been close, but not enough cigars.

The improvement is undoubtedly there, with more to come. The next three weeks will tell the story of 2012 - with critical contests against Hawthorn, St Kilda and Fremantle. The Tigers need to claim at least two of those scalps.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/expert-opinion/what-dreamtime-means-for-the-bombers-and-tigers/story-fnd00whc-1226361276913

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 05:42:35 PM »
Highly doubtful now

Was doubtful before but we need to win more than we lose not sure we can
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 05:50:41 PM »
I think we can still make the finals. Normally if we were 3 - 5 in a season we would have a terrible percentage after being belted by the better teams and have fallen over the top of some poor teams. This year the draw is lop sided. We have started the season playing all the best sides from last year and this in the first 11 weeks (don't get me started on the draw!  :banghead). With a normal draw we would have won at least 2 more games giving us a more balance view of where we are really at.

To make the eight we just need to get on a roll against the poorer sides and just play with the same intensity we have shown so far this season. The hardest part with be covering injuries but we can still do it. Beat the Hawks and/or the Saints and we will make the 8 without a doubt.

the claw

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 08:31:12 PM »
i look at it from another angle. the top 7 as of now is wce, ad, ess, all have 7 wins and barring a collective broken leg will make the 8. sydney nd collingwood have 6 wins and lets face it should make the 8 needing just 6 from 14. hawthorn carlton and freo have 5 wins i have no doubt hawthorn and carlton will at the least make the 8.

that leaves freo as the vulnerable side imo.  but they have a massive home ground advantage. the question i ask is, can the home ground advantage overcome their draw. they have 5 wins and only need 7 from 14.
they play wce, adelaide at ps, rich at the g. ess at ps. coll at the g. they really could lose all 5 and face being 5 and 8. our game against them could be pivotal. we could really put the skids under them. to me they have 7 very winnable games after rnd 14.

to top it all off we have geelong stkilds north and the dogs to get get past who are also currently out of the 8.
very tough ask to make it especially when depth is taken into it we wont escape without injuries as we have done to date.

clear improvement has occured but i will say again the bottom half dozen or so in the 22  are not great yet alone having good playeres ready to come in.
our mids in the main have been great this yr we cant honestly expect a lot more from them its all the other areas we need to step up and i think we all agree we dont have the players or they just arent ready.

imo we need to find at least 4 mids yep 4 two of high quality. we need a very good YOUNG RUCKMAN. We need a proven kpf to help jack and maybe win us a game or two. we definately need a big powerful kpd. we definately need at the least one more likely two good medium sized forwards and ditto with the small forwards.

i really really hope we all dont lose sight of the FACT while its nice if we make finals this yr its still more about next yr or the yr after.

to me we are at a cross roads we can either recognise the work that still needs to be done and step into a real future or we can do what we have always done let the now dominate what we do when we arent quite there to be doing it.

yep we  are on the right path but we cant lose sight of what has actually got us on that path. sheesh 30 yrs of pain and we are close this off season will be a watershed for us.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 01:23:31 AM »
i look at it from another angle. the top 7 as of now is wce, ad, ess, all have 7 wins and barring a collective broken leg will make the 8. sydney nd collingwood have 6 wins and lets face it should make the 8 needing just 6 from 14. hawthorn carlton and freo have 5 wins i have no doubt hawthorn and carlton will at the least make the 8.

that leaves freo as the vulnerable side imo.  but they have a massive home ground advantage. the question i ask is, can the home ground advantage overcome their draw. they have 5 wins and only need 7 from 14.
they play wce, adelaide at ps, rich at the g. ess at ps. coll at the g. they really could lose all 5 and face being 5 and 8. our game against them could be pivotal. we could really put the skids under them. to me they have 7 very winnable games after rnd 14.

to top it all off we have geelong stkilds north and the dogs to get get past who are also currently out of the 8.
very tough ask to make it especially when depth is taken into it we wont escape without injuries as we have done to date.

clear improvement has occured but i will say again the bottom half dozen or so in the 22  are not great yet alone having good playeres ready to come in.
our mids in the main have been great this yr we cant honestly expect a lot more from them its all the other areas we need to step up and i think we all agree we dont have the players or they just arent ready.

imo we need to find at least 4 mids yep 4 two of high quality. we need a very good YOUNG RUCKMAN. We need a proven kpf to help jack and maybe win us a game or two. we definately need a big powerful kpd. we definately need at the least one more likely two good medium sized forwards and ditto with the small forwards.

i really really hope we all dont lose sight of the FACT while its nice if we make finals this yr its still more about next yr or the yr after.

to me we are at a cross roads we can either recognise the work that still needs to be done and step into a real future or we can do what we have always done let the now dominate what we do when we arent quite there to be doing it.

yep we  are on the right path but we cant lose sight of what has actually got us on that path. sheesh 30 yrs of pain and we are close this off season will be a watershed for us.

Outsatanding post, exactly what needs to happen although i'd like 2kpd ;D
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2012, 10:49:29 AM »
WINS IN THE BANK

Rd 12 ...GWS
Rd 15....Melbourne
Rd 16...Gold Coast
Rd 19...Brisbane
Rd 23 ...Port

So that take us to a minimum of 8 wins.

GAMES WE SHOULD WIN ON CURRENT FORM

Rd 10 St Kilda
Rd 11 Freo (MCG)
Rd 17 North Melb
Rd 20 Bulldogs

takes us to possibly 11 wins   :pray

WE ARE GOING TO HAVE TO JAG A COUPLE OF THE FOLLOWING

Rd 9 Hawks
Rd 14 Adelaide
Rd 18 Carlton
Rd 21 Freo (away)
Rd 22 Essenden

CONCLUSION....This could be the greatest Richmond team to ever finish 9th  :banghead :banghead
Unleash the tornado

gerkin greg

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2012, 11:07:49 AM »
We'll beat the Hawks and roll the Bumsniffers the second time out

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2012, 11:48:41 AM »
While we seem certain that the current top 8 will stay relatively the same, I'm not convinced. In the past when the fixture was more balanced, I would have agreed with you but this year the fixture is as compromised as the past two drafts and for very much the same reason - to assist in making the new teams competitive.

We are correctly focusing on our draw and how we can secure enough games to contend but I think it would be worth having a look at the other sides in the eight's draw too. Some teams have a dream draw (Adelaide and North) while others a more difficult draw (Collingwood and Hawks I believe). Ours will get easier after this week while some of the other teams above us will get much harder.

This is why I don't think you can right us off yet.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 12:45:58 PM »
Grimes gone, it's all over.....sorry guys we can win 6 more at best!

I have a bad feeling that this is correct. :(

We've had a good run with injury so far but our lack of depth is exposed when key players go down.

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2012, 01:27:42 PM »
We are on the way up.

Either we will make the 8 or just miss.

WE can spend the whole preseason working on getting the forward line right.

Nothing can stop the Tigers now.

NOT EVEN McBURNEY or BANNISTER!

Great times ahead.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2012, 01:44:17 PM »
I have 13 wins plus a decent percentage making the finals after using the ladder predictor on the AFL website.
Win this week against the Hawks and we are a chance, lose and it's all over unless we can beat one of Carlton, Essendon, Freo (away) !!! And that's assuming we win the games we should which of course we won't!!!

In my scenario the Swans were 7th with 14 wins and Geelong were 9th with 13 wins.   We were 8th but I might have been biased in a few games...