Author Topic: North V Tigers Game  (Read 21778 times)

Dubstep Dookie

Re: North V Tigers Game
« Reply #195 on: July 22, 2012, 06:41:41 PM »
Agree with Owl, totally raped by umpire McBurney and his swinging half brothers Potsy and Slim. 

That being said we played very ordinary.

Post was ok (a nice suprise).

Time to put all players with niggles in for operations and play whats left for development.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #196 on: July 22, 2012, 06:46:11 PM »
Pathetic. Effort counts for nothing if you don't get the win. Mcguane gave Petrie a goal then has his clearing kick smothered. Sorry Dimma, but moving him back to defense was a terrible move. One that cost us.

Yeah but Petrie was killing Rance at the start of the fourth". We need a tall defender, I've said it all along.  Post could have made the difference if he'd grown up this year.  But he didn't and we don't have a half back tall.  Maybe griffiths will come good.  Other than that we were pretty even.  Their defense was better than ours and could cover our forwards.  We also need vickers back and in form or find another tall forward, jack isn't big enough to be that monster target you need with the bomb it in fast game everyone is playing these days.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #197 on: July 22, 2012, 06:48:03 PM »
We have a losing culture and its a very hard habit to break. Rance and Deledio were excellent. Rance got unlucky in the last when Petrie got on a roll but both boys were terrific IMHO. Still we have 2 many players who are very average.

Yep, Flags, we need a tall backman, tall forward and upgrades on Nahas, Mini-Maric and one of Jacko or Titch.

Did you see Nahas in the fourth and late third.  He was playing excellently, you need glasses.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #198 on: July 22, 2012, 06:48:57 PM »
If Chris Newman wasnt the captain hed be playing at Coburg. He has been terrible this year- lost his form completely. Houli been average as well. Jackson is still wasting everyones time and McGuane lol ... no wonder we cant make finals.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #199 on: July 22, 2012, 06:52:08 PM »
If Chris Newman wasnt the captain hed be playing at Coburg. He has been terrible this year- lost his form completely.

Until I see him wearing a Coburg jumper il be convinced we are going backwards

He offers nothing but misery to supporters

In fact il go as far to say his the first person I want delisted

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #200 on: July 22, 2012, 06:52:35 PM »
We have a losing culture and its a very hard habit to break. Rance and Deledio were excellent. Rance got unlucky in the last when Petrie got on a roll but both boys were terrific IMHO. Still we have 2 many players who are very average.

It's hard to turn over a list and develop a new one with compromised drafts.  It's got nothing to do with culture, it's got to do with the amount of money we can spend on an ongoing basis to recruit better players and develop players better. 

Sounds to me you have an axe to grind about the current admin if your banging on about culture.  What have they done to you?

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #201 on: July 22, 2012, 06:55:25 PM »
If the youth worker is not sacked we can kiss another ten years goodbye

Grind grind your axe, it's blunt.

Ox

« Reply #202 on: July 22, 2012, 06:56:24 PM »

Yep, Flags, we need a tall backman, tall forward and upgrades on Nahas, Mini-Maric and one of Jacko or Titch.

as well as a backup ruck man for Ivan and a replacement for Foley.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #203 on: July 22, 2012, 06:57:36 PM »
Lots of reasons why we didnt win today. But I thought Grigg should of kicked that goal. Great downward tap to him by Ivan.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #204 on: July 22, 2012, 06:58:28 PM »

It's hard to turn over a list and develop a new one with compromised drafts.  It's got nothing to do with culture, it's got to do with the amount of money we can spend on an ongoing basis to recruit better players and develop players better. 

Sounds to me you have an axe to grind about the current admin if your banging on about culture.  What have they done to you?

No axe to grind with anyone. The results are we are an unsuccessful club that doesnt even make finals. Its the administrations role to create the environment for success. They havent done it. You talk about money and spending more. Our club will turnover how many millions this year? 50 million - the players get $8 million that means $42 million gets spent elsewhere. If they cant get a team to the eight spending 40 million bucks + then whats there to say. Failuire is Failure. And we have failed again in 2012.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #205 on: July 22, 2012, 06:59:24 PM »

Hahaha yeah every other club has struggled to haven't they

Excuses excuses and more excuses. Heard the same ones about depth, coaches etc etc for 30 yrs

Face facts we are a rabble of an organisation only surviving due to idiots like us pouring money into it

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ox

« Reply #206 on: July 22, 2012, 06:59:36 PM »
our biggest weakness is psychological

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #207 on: July 22, 2012, 07:02:58 PM »

Did you see Nahas in the fourth and late third.  He was playing excellently, you need glasses.
[/quote]

Yeah, I squinted really tightly through my coke-bottle lenses and manipulated the magnifying lense on my telescope to see the screen and saw the same old Nahas.  Fumbling, one-sided, too easily pushed out of the contest and missing tackles.  We need an upgrade on him.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #208 on: July 22, 2012, 07:03:27 PM »
First and foremost gutted and shattered.

Played poorly how we were 12 down at the half is beyond me but how they were 12 up beggars belief also. No wait two dubious 50's.

McBurney is a dog. How can Jack get scragged like that and then the ump from 100 metres away make the call. McBurney is a piece of dog poo that has turned white on the nature strip. Old crusty and no longer stinky. Should be retired.

Yes we miss another tall defender. Only consolation if I can call it that was McGuane isn't that and he MUST be moved on. Brain fade galore. No one to guard Petrie. Gee we miss Grimes.

To add insult to injury from my last point why can't that last snap fall to Lids Cotch or Dusty. Nope McGuane who also missed from 10 in the third.

Post was okay. Took some nice marks.
Cotch was inspirational in the 2nd and kept us in the game.
Lids worked his way into the third and got us in front.
Nought's two goals in the third Moore having lost touch being out of the game for so long getting tackled and J Mac kicking a fluke goal that if it needed another two hundred metres to bounce we all know where it would have still ended up.
Last quarter was just a shootout between Petrie and us. Tuck first then Nahas then they hung on for dear life and we just couldn't get a clear chance other than the one that if you asked the opposition who you want to get it or us who you didn't want to get it that's who ended up with it.

Just as a side note was Leigh Adams carrying a dislocated shoulder or was it by play by Nought to make the Judd incident seem more worse than reality only for them to cry fowl on Ziebell. ::)
The way Nought made out you'd think Adams shoulder needed a reco and his arm needed to be amputated from the elbow doen because of gangrine.

All in all it adds up to the perfect weekend for them which they will patent with loads of Skataboner Spirit with all the guts and nerve of a quality side that never says die as they like to parade themselves to be only for us to be the "unlucky, undeserving and yet silly" loser that all the footy public seem to think we are. Galling isn't it. That's why I'm guttted.

Time to rest the boys who need opps and get them right in time for pre season and use the trade draft period to delist a few and bolster our stocks with replacements that will add to our quality and depth and make us more competitive that will give us the class and composure to win these close games rather than lose these close ones after getting to the well getting the water and not having the drink that our performance have shown we have deserved this year.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #209 on: July 22, 2012, 07:10:20 PM »

as well as a backup ruck man for Ivan and a replacement for Foley.

Two quality mids trade for a ruckman. Hille needs a fresh start. We can't do worse. He has lost all confidence at Ess with Ryder and Bellchambers in favour. May come cheap. Can pinch hit up forward too.

Another tall defender. We need upgrades on Houli Jako Titch King may be gone. I thought Nahas was great today. McGuane White Graham/ Browne.

Houli needs to mark ball not go outstretched with one hand trying to mark balls like that.
32 MINUTES IN WHEN ITS YOUR TURN TO GO YOU MARK IT AND GO. LAST HURRAH.

Need an upgrade on Newman. Guy is just a plodder now and opp players are reading him. I haven't seen so many smothers of his boot compared to other players in general and very open play.

Missed Griff/ Grimes today. Just a galling lost that once again exposed the inadequacies and ineptitude of our list once we scrape the cream from the top.