Author Topic: Richmond ressies/VFL side [merged]  (Read 436547 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: RFC to go it alone at VFL Level in 2014
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2012, 07:50:03 AM »
For example, how many collingwood listed vfl players exist?

Stand alone AFL sides in the VFL must have a minimum number of VFL listed players only. Not sure of the exact number but for memory it is about 10-12

That's not enough to field two sides

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2012, 12:57:18 PM »

Stand alone AFL sides in the VFL must have a minimum number of VFL listed players only. Not sure of the exact number but for memory it is about 10-12

RFC will only be fielding 1 side in VFL Coach. They are not allowed/don’t have to field "ressies/ development team

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2012, 02:12:52 PM »

RFC will only be fielding 1 side in VFL Coach. They are not allowed/don’t have to field "ressies/ development team

I thought Collingwood & Geelong both did? And if we only have a senior side then we may have blokes on our list that miss out on a game of football because they may not be picked for the VFL senior side

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2012, 02:28:39 PM »
Come.someone explain how the many vfl listed players.we can./ must sign

Who can guess which post was on a computer and which was on an iphone?  :lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2012, 04:31:53 PM »

I thought Collingwood & Geelong both did? And if we only have a senior side then we may have blokes on our list that miss out on a game of football because they may not be picked for the VFL senior side

Nope. The VFL listed only players are top up players will play for the RFC if we are carrying lots of injuries.

Believe the pesky 12/10 rule has been abolished as well, which only applied when you played stand alone VFL teams

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2013, 06:15:39 PM »
Imagine Richmond seconds with the YELLOW SASH playing in front of 10k at PUNT ROAD.

The sooner this gets done the better.

PUNT ROAD surface will be magnificent.

Now lets eff off the red sash for GOOD!

:bow :bow :bow

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2013, 06:51:33 PM »
whats sad is after all the changes to the VFA/VFL it looks like we'll just be back to reserves AFL sides.  The VFA comp has gone the way of of the dodo and its very sad.  i liked watching teams like the Redlegs, 2 blues, seagulls and devils to name a few on a sunday when living closer to town and it was a true second tier comp. it was a tough comp, uncomprimising and full of characters

Bring on a proper AFL reserves comp and let the VFA/VFL develop an appropriate second tier competition with representatives from districts of Victoria.  With all the money the AFL get i'm sure they can put $$ in for bus trips around the state.

it could be a similar setup as the TAC cup..  Bring it on

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2013, 07:57:08 PM »
I wont lose much sleep over it, bygone era, as where turtle neck sweaters...time to move on, meanwhile the break up party come the demise of frankston coburg et al, will be held in a phone booth near you :lol
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2013, 08:41:23 PM »
I wont lose much sleep over it, bygone era, as where turtle neck sweaters...time to move on, meanwhile the break up party come the demise of frankston coburg et al, will be held in a phone booth near you :lol

Do you not see it returning to what it originally was?  AFL reserves and then a major state based 2nd tier competition or do you envisage AFL reserves with a few extra combined teams maybe throw in a token local team.. i''m not a fan of this as it has no heart..  I've attended plenty of burgers games and it seems to lack passion.. except at Frankston

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2013, 09:07:09 PM »
I reckon most would get far more excited following a tiger cubs outfit than this mismash rag tag coburg side that seems to run on the smell of an oil rag. ....cant come soon enough
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2013, 09:40:35 PM »
I reckon most would get far more excited following a tiger cubs outfit than this mismash rag tag coburg side that seems to run on the smell of an oil rag. ....cant come soon enough

i agree about the Tiger 2's  :gotigers

Just wondering where to for the rest of the teams who still have the mish mash.. i'm thinking all Vic teams will want there own stand alone reserves side but only the most viable teams will be able to afford it.

i can see the poor clubs, especially Norf jumping up and down in the future, saying they need a level playing field and cant afford to field the own 2nds.  Come in AFL offering $$$ and continue propping them up. 

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2013, 04:01:52 PM »
Bling.

Rampstar

« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2013, 06:13:36 PM »
I think the white jumper with the yellow and black sash that someone came up with in here would be a terrific jumper for our reserves team.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2013, 06:54:53 PM »
Has there been any credible information about our playing on Punt Rd once we have a stand alone team?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2013, 08:28:59 PM »
Has there been any credible information about our playing on Punt Rd once we have a stand alone team?

At last years AGM and I posted this at the time the club could not and would not guarantee VFL games at Punt Road in 2014. Said games would be played there in 2015 but not necessarily 2014

They need to spend another $1 million to bring it up VFL standard. Currently there are no opposition change rooms, no public amenities (eg toilets etc) and a host of other things that need to be fixed up before games can be played there.