Author Topic: Sack Hardwick [merged]  (Read 316025 times)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Sack Hardwick
« Reply #1785 on: September 26, 2014, 05:21:33 PM »
The fruit loops on here would definitely stalk the poor guy.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1786 on: September 26, 2014, 05:28:19 PM »
not exactly leadership, is it......
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1787 on: September 26, 2014, 06:18:54 PM »
not exactly leadership, is it......

A guide to lowering expectations and saving arses at Richmond for 2015.

Step 1 - get a friendly journo to write about the coaches job stress.
Step 2 - opt out of drafting ready made talent because the personnel don't have the skills to lure a big fish.
Step 3 - draft safely but unwisely. Another 'mid sized battler' with first pick. Top up with other positional players with remaining late picks who will inevitably be fringe players at best
Step 4 - reverse-manage injuries which were incompetently delayed from surgery late in the year.
Step 5 - note difficult draw in media.
Step 6 - get hammered In the preseason comp again.
Step 7- go through the motions early to mid season with PR spin about being thereabouts.
Step 8 - just make finals or just miss out, citing unfounded reasons for not improving.
Step 9 - renew contracts.
Step 10 - repeat repeat repeat.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #1788 on: September 27, 2014, 04:52:39 PM »
Facts are that we are still trying to play finals consistently whilst hawthorn are playing regular grand finals.

In 2001 both teams played in a prelim final.

There's still a lot of work to do at Tigerland.
The club that keeps giving.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1789 on: September 27, 2014, 05:40:23 PM »
Facts are that we are still trying to play finals consistently whilst hawthorn are playing regular grand finals.

I thought Poort were the yardstick, have we swapped to the Dawks

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1790 on: September 27, 2014, 05:46:41 PM »

Back to back. Yes.

They can make any hack look like a decent player. ie Spangher.

Whilst we continue to "struggle" just to make finals still.
Plop plop plop.

When will we ever learn?

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1791 on: September 27, 2014, 05:51:34 PM »

Why don't you have an opinion?

Why don't you get peeed off that we aren't playing grand finals whilst this sissyter team consistently does?

Why don't you get angry at our mediocrity and speak your mind?

When will you have an opinion?

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1792 on: September 27, 2014, 06:10:34 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up, I just get confused sometimes as one day it's the Dees, then the Dogs, then Poort and now the Dawks

However we now have clarity and the Dawks it is

We could have had Roughhead

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1793 on: September 27, 2014, 06:20:12 PM »

Why don't you get peeed off that we aren't playing grand finals whilst this sissyter team consistently does?

Well you see that's the thing, there are so many fine astute opinions around here already I dont have to worry about finding one

Rampstar

« Reply #1794 on: September 27, 2014, 06:24:52 PM »
I don't think we will win another flag in our lifetimes. Our administration are amateurs when compared to the likes of Hawthorn, Geelong, Sydney and a few other clubs. Its sad but our club has lost its way and we are in the wilderness. We are so far from winning a flag its not funny.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1795 on: September 27, 2014, 08:59:23 PM »
I don't think we will win another flag in our lifetimes. Our administration are amateurs when compared to the likes of Hawthorn, Geelong, Sydney and a few other clubs. Its sad but our club has lost its way and we are in the wilderness. We are so far from winning a flag its not funny.

Geez just shut the joint down.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1796 on: September 27, 2014, 09:19:17 PM »

Well you see that's the thing, there are so many fine astute opinions around here already I dont have to worry about finding one
I just read your title above your avatar.

....my apologies Grigg of OER.

the claw

« Reply #1797 on: September 27, 2014, 10:58:17 PM »

actually recognising and admitting whats wrong is the first step to fixing the problem.

the threads about hardwick and i think we lose perspective.
hes had 5 yrs and in those 5 yrs we have improved in most areas in particular off field. look at his whole time to find improvement. then look at his recent time to see if hes taken us as far as he can.
personally i dont know the answer to that.my gut feel is  i think hes gone as far as he can and we need to change.
i do tend to cut him some slack because ive never ever thought we have a list that is anything more than a middling list.  7th thru 12 14.  my concern however is i think he thinks he has a list to go places.

to me we must improve most areas of the footy dept because quite frankly if we dont we will soon be cellar dwellars and all of the good work that has been done will be undone. yes we have had done a lot of good things but ffs we cant sit on our hands and think the workls been done . we are miles away still.

i pray we can identify some good processes go thru them and grow the list and thus the club. acknowledging exactly where one is at is crucial to improving.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1798 on: September 28, 2014, 11:29:39 AM »

actually recognising and admitting whats wrong is the first step to fixing the problem.

hes had 5 yrs and in those 5 yrs we have improved in most areas in particular off field. look at his whole time to find improvement. then look at his recent time to see if hes taken us as far as he can.
personally i dont know the answer to that.my gut feel is  i think hes gone as far as he can and we need to change.
i do tend to cut him some slack because ive never ever thought we have a list that is anything more than a middling list.  7th thru 12 14.  my concern however is i think he thinks he has a list to go places.

to me we must improve most areas of the footy dept because quite frankly if we dont we will soon be cellar dwellars and all of the good work that has been done will be undone. yes we have had done a lot of good things but ffs we cant sit on our hands and think the workls been done . we are miles away still.

i pray we can identify some good processes go thru them and grow the list and thus the club. acknowledging exactly where one is at is crucial to improving.

Good post claw. Despite often not agreeing and finding your analysis on players too harsh for my liking at times, you at least attempt to come up with solutions rather than just rant. Credit where credit is due  :thumbsup

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1799 on: September 28, 2014, 04:45:43 PM »

From the position the club was in when he took over

it was hard to go any more backwards