Author Topic: Trade week targets & rumours [merged]  (Read 260070 times)

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade week targets & rumours [merged]
« Reply #600 on: September 21, 2012, 09:28:48 AM »
This forum is great value, makes the day move along a little easier.  :clapping

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #601 on: September 21, 2012, 09:41:19 AM »

Question on thread topic, why wouldn't we be going after Giles or a back up ruck?
We are screwed if Eeeevan goes down with injury - its made a huge difference to the quantity and quality of our clearence work.
Why why why?

I agree Y&B, I would be very keen to chase either Giles or Hickey.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #602 on: September 21, 2012, 09:48:08 AM »

Question on thread topic, why wouldn't we be going after Giles or a back up ruck?
We are screwed if Eeeevan goes down with injury - its made a huge difference to the quantity and quality of our clearence work.
Why why why?

I agree Y&B, I would be very keen to chase either Giles or Hickey.

Giles is a noted Goal Kicker as well and with good strong hands in contested situations. I watched quite a number of his games live and he did pretty well considering the quality of the disposal to to him more often than not was pretty ordinary. I can't believe that GWS haven't stitched him up yet with Phillips and Downie still early in their development and Brogan is just limping along barely and his future is still up in the clouds anyway.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #603 on: September 21, 2012, 09:50:52 AM »
I was thinking something similar though would Giles come over knowing his role would be forward/ruck rather than exclusive/1st ruck? I wonder where this would place Vickery too? Would be a great inclusion because, as you say, we all saw what happened when Big Ivan didn't play against the Suns!  :o

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #604 on: September 21, 2012, 10:01:46 AM »
I was thinking something similar though would Giles come over knowing his role would be forward/ruck rather than exclusive/1st ruck? I wonder where this would place Vickery too? Would be a great inclusion because, as you say, we all saw what happened when Big Ivan didn't play against the Suns!  :o

Stripes, the impression I got from the games I watched is he really enjoyed going forward and bagging a few goals. As he is so mobile, he is almost an Eddie Everywhere type who is also solid in defence.

Make an offer Tiges and get it done!  :clapping

dwaino

« Reply #605 on: September 21, 2012, 10:08:37 AM »
We've been talking to so many players from what I can gather, maybe to throw opposition off who we are really going for. Blind freddie can see our ruck stocks are shot and have no one after Maric and yet we still chopped Browne. Taking this into account I wouldn't be surprised if we are trying for Giles or have someone else ear marked somewhere.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #606 on: September 21, 2012, 10:13:55 AM »
We've been talking to so many players from what I can gather, maybe to throw opposition off who we are really going for. Blind freddie can see our ruck stocks are shot and have no one after Maric and yet we still chopped Browne. Taking this into account I wouldn't be surprised if we are trying for Giles or have someone else ear marked somewhere.

dwaino, for Giles to come to us, We would have to present a game plan that clearly states he will play a big part in our future and not just a back up to Ivan as he is too good to be stuck at Coburg for 12 weeks of the year. 

dwaino

« Reply #607 on: September 21, 2012, 10:23:22 AM »

dwaino, for Giles to come to us, We would have to present a game plan that clearly states he will play a big part in our future and not just a back up to Ivan as he is too good to be stuck at Coburg for 12 weeks of the year.

I agree. I was just thinking out loud about rucks and player in general, not just Giles. But to entertain the idea of Giles we could tell him if he were interested in joining a traditionally big club on the cusp of finals, he would be in direct competition with Vickory for the tall forward/ruck relief position which is a very important role in our structure.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #608 on: September 21, 2012, 02:09:10 PM »
if our intent is to play three forwards, is there any reason why two of those forwards cant also play ruck?

As Tiga says, you are not going to lure a young bloke to the club soley as backup, but if you tell him there are two spots in the forward line for the taking and if he is good enough one will be his, if he's confident in his ability he should take the challenge.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #609 on: September 21, 2012, 02:24:49 PM »
if our intent is to play three forwards, is there any reason why two of those forwards cant also play ruck?

Probably depends how mobile they are. Haven't seen Giles play but if his mobile like people say, a forward line of Giles, Vickery and Reiwoldt could work imo

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #610 on: September 22, 2012, 02:56:49 AM »
Quentin Lynch has told West Coast he is seeking opportunities else where. All but signed, sealed and delivered to Carlton.

Andy Otten is going to be asking for a trade at the end of the year, only problem is finding someone that wants him!

Western Bulldogs have offered Casboult a 2 year deal on their senior list according to Barrett.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/list-of-trade-trade-rumours-part-ii.973149/page-27

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #611 on: September 22, 2012, 06:27:20 AM »
Should be offering up Edwards for Morton and Krakour, even after a stint in the big house and a knee reco Krak is better......he used to cop it from all and sundry on this forum and you know what he was/is still better than Edwards...Morton is much harder at the ball now than ever, I really didn't want him traded and wished he had stayed.

Should of traded Edwards two years ago, forget the stats, they show little comparatively to on field...

DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #612 on: September 22, 2012, 06:29:43 AM »
Edwards is a good player Wat, take your hater shades off.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #613 on: September 22, 2012, 06:36:26 AM »

Just think he would make good trade bait but you said it he is "good" only sometimes though. :thumbsup

BTW I don't hate anyone mate... ;)
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #614 on: September 22, 2012, 07:54:46 AM »

Just think he would make good trade bait but you said it he is "good" only sometimes though. :thumbsup

BTW I don't hate anyone mate... ;)
He kicked 28 goals from 15 matches.  Kicking nearly 2 goals a game as a small forward is a good return.  Could easily kick 40+ next year.