Author Topic: Chris Knights does his ACL at training [update]  (Read 95654 times)

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Chris Knights [merged]
« Reply #630 on: August 24, 2015, 01:16:26 PM »
Batch played well. Knights career is over. There is no way he would handle the pace of AFL finals footy with his body. His done & dusted

Offline scjhammo

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #631 on: August 25, 2015, 11:11:12 AM »
I cant believe people would come on here and say his worth a punt for the finals are yah seriouse his played what 1 game this year and broke down I think chris would know it himself that his body probably its up to the afl fast pace and why youd bring him into the finals would be silly... Chris would have been very handy if fit and right to go but I think we may have seen the last of chris in the afl... :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup
GO U TIGERS

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #632 on: August 25, 2015, 02:48:28 PM »
I cant believe people would come on here and say his worth a punt for the finals are yah seriouse his played what 1 game this year and broke down I think chris would know it himself that his body probably its up to the afl fast pace and why youd bring him into the finals would be silly... Chris would have been very handy if fit and right to go but I think we may have seen the last of chris in the afl... :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup
GO U TIGERS

Yes it is funny how people have a different view isn't it and the people that get paid to write about it actually see it differently as well.

The Barometer - Round 22
Herald-Sun
August 25, 2015

RICHMOND

ON THE BLOCK: Ben Lennon might be feeling nervous after starting as the sub and taking off the green vest halfway through the last quarter. He replaced Shane Edwards, who was given a rest after gathering 17 disposals in his comeback from a broken leg. Other “fringe” players Sam Lloyd, Kamdyn McIntosh and Steve Morris were all very good against Collingwood.

ON THE CUSP: Dylan Grimes and Reece Conca will both try to prove their fitness after suffering minor hamstring injuries two weeks ago. The VFL team suffered a big loss to Collingwood but Liam McBean (five goals) will keep the pressure on the top-level forwards to keep performing while Chris Knights (20 disposals, two goals) could be a finals wildcard.

AL PATON’S FORECAST: Richmond was the lowest-scoring team in the top eight until two weeks ago, then it banged home 45 goals against Gold Coast and the Magpies. The spread of goalkickers is particularly pleasing for Damien Hardwick, with Ty Vickery (10) leading the club goalkicking in the past two weeks, followed by Sam Lloyd and Brett Deledio (6) and Jack Riewoldt and Dustin Martin with four each. With a top-eight place all but locked in, the Tigers will want another good win against Essendon and hope the Saints can upset Sydney so they are playing for a top-four spot against the Roos in Round 23.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #633 on: August 25, 2015, 02:58:33 PM »
Robbo has nfi and is 'Chef football writer ' ...

Dunno if getting paid for it means much

That said I'm not against giving knights a go. Could maybe be a good sub. Would be better than newy or grigg for mine. Better footballer. Bigger risk.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 08:27:40 PM by Stalin »
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #634 on: August 25, 2015, 03:06:03 PM »
Robbo has nfi and is 'Chef football writer ' ...

Dunno if getting paid for it means much

That said I'm not against giving knights a go. Could she a good sub. Would be better than newy or grift for mine

It doesn't matter if he does or doesn't, he has a view and its either going to be the same as what you and I think or it isn't. In saying that though the view of a journalist carries much more weight in the the relevant circles than our view.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #635 on: August 25, 2015, 03:16:48 PM »
You free to think that

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #636 on: August 25, 2015, 06:34:32 PM »
 :lol
sums it up joseff
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #637 on: August 25, 2015, 06:38:38 PM »
In saying that though the view of a journalist carries much more weight in the the relevant circles than our view.

:ROTFL

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #638 on: August 25, 2015, 07:38:53 PM »
In saying that though the view of a journalist carries much more weight in the the relevant circles than our view.

:ROTFL

What so when coaches get sacked you don't think that is partly to do with the media hype, don't you think it's the same regarding ins and outs and suspensions. Don't you think it played a part in the outcome of Fyfe and Hodge? Don't underestimate the press that much.

"Rucks:

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #639 on: August 25, 2015, 07:45:16 PM »
Not sure Damien Hardwick is going to play Chris Knights because Robbo thinks it's a good idea. Feel free to think it tho
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #640 on: August 25, 2015, 08:15:20 PM »
Can't drop Lennon.. crazy
Go Tigers!

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #641 on: August 25, 2015, 08:59:44 PM »
Unleash the tornado

Hellenic Tiger

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #643 on: August 26, 2015, 05:55:47 PM »
Not sure Damien Hardwick is going to play Chris Knights because Robbo thinks it's a good idea. Feel free to think it tho

Not exactly what I was getting at.

"Rucks:

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #644 on: August 26, 2015, 06:00:34 PM »
It's harder to get into a team than getting out of a team
Unless your in the top 5-8 players