Author Topic: Depth key for Tigers: Cameron ...... (afl site)  (Read 7688 times)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Depth key for Tigers: Cameron ...... (afl site)
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2012, 10:40:44 AM »
I put Edwards in the same category as White and Miller

Useless . If any has more upside its White only due to age, marginally

Edwards averages 2 goals a game over last 2 seasons. Miles ahead of those 2.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2012, 10:43:14 AM »
I put Edwards in the same category as White and Miller

Useless . If any has more upside its White only due to age, marginally
And can play ruck/forward so a much better depth player.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2012, 10:46:41 AM »

Jesse White > Edwards + Miller
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 11:10:30 AM by Mr Tigra »

gerkin greg

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2012, 11:27:24 AM »
Jesse White is a crab

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2012, 11:49:30 AM »
Jesse White is a crab

Being nice too.

the claw

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2012, 12:52:24 PM »

Why not give Elton and Brett o games so we don't have to resort to this

Edwards,Miller same poo

One discarded from Melbourne and the other from noughtmelbourne and 17 other clubs

What does that tell you
elton is a 197cm kpf whos in competition for a spot with both griffiths and astbury hes a second yr tall who should not be expecting more than 5 or so games for experience or when injury happens. if he actually performas at coburg and forces his way in all the better.

when we first got miller vickery had done nothing, griffiths could not get on the park and astbury suffered a severe injury. all three were babies and not ready for afl. there was bloody good logic and common sense in getting miller if you cant acknowledge that you are being deliberately ignorant.

we have just 2 what you would term permanent medium sized forwards. 19yo b o hanlon  who has a long way to go and now 28yo aaron edwards. we could do with another somewhere in between who is ready to play. some may say we have that player in 26yo knights.

not being a smart arse here but you really do need to acknowledge that the list is made up of different types.
playes of the same types need to be  spread thru various stages of development and age. its list balance

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2012, 01:20:13 PM »
Ricky Petterd would bridge the gap between Edwards and O'Hanlon.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2012, 01:24:24 PM »

Edwards,Miller same poo

One discarded from Melbourne and the other from noughtmelbourne and 17 other clubs

What does that tell you
elton is a 197cm kpf whos in competition for a spot with both griffiths and astbury hes a second yr tall who should not be expecting more than 5 or so games for experience or when injury happens. if he actually performas at coburg and forces his way in all the better.

when we first got miller vickery had done nothing, griffiths could not get on the park and astbury suffered a severe injury. all three were babies and not ready for afl. there was bloody good logic and common sense in getting miller if you cant acknowledge that you are being deliberately ignorant.

we have just 2 what you would term permanent medium sized forwards. 19yo b o hanlon  who has a long way to go and now 28yo aaron edwards. we could do with another somewhere in between who is ready to play. some may say we have that player in 26yo knights.

not being a smart arse here but you really do need to acknowledge that the list is made up of different types.
playes of the same types need to be  spread thru various stages of development and age. its list balance
You then must acknowledge one thing also.... We didn't make finals. So what's the point playing a used discarded dud in Miller when he was only getting in the way of a young developing player in Elton.
The match committee have a choice. Leave Miller in when it's clearly not working or play the youngster even though he mightn't be ready and put some games into him for his personal development or play another has been wannabe in Mcguane.
Well they chose mcguane and that didn't work either.
So what was achieved?
We missed the finals again.
We failed to get games into a young tall forward.
We found out that 2 of those aren't going to get us anywhere. ie Miller, Mcguane.
I'm not saying that Elton was ready. What I'm saying is that sometimes it doesn't hurt to play the youngsters and just see what he can do. He'll learn a hell of a lot more playing in the big league than playing in a substandard comp at a substandard club.
In doing this you either fast track development or find out if he's useless ie. Post

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2012, 01:43:25 PM »
what you dont seem to understand is that if a kid is not ready to play, them playing him is not development.

It does no one any good to get bashed from pillar to post and the only kicks you get are in the arse.

Some kids will step up, some wont. Elton showed he has ability, but also showed he is not ready. even at coburg he only showed glimpses

you would have played  grffiths while still recovering from injury. How smart is that?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2012, 02:43:00 PM »
what you dont seem to understand is that if a kid is not ready to play, them playing him is not development.

It does no one any good to get bashed from pillar to post and the only kicks you get are in the arse.

Some kids will step up, some wont. Elton showed he has ability, but also showed he is not ready. even at coburg he only showed glimpses

you would have played  grffiths while still recovering from injury. How smart is that?
Jack darling. 20 games in first year
Tom Hawkins 10 games first year
Taylor walker 14 games in first year
Jonathan Brown 13 games first year
Travis Cloke 15 games in first year.

Yeh it was stupid for these clubs to gift these guys games in their first year. Some people were critical of playing them so early. Some people still don't rate them.
Stupid stupid stupid stupid.   :banghead

Offline jordie2tivendale

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2012, 02:55:54 PM »
How many did Richard Tambling play in his first year ?
But in all due respect i agree with you  Dr Tigra 100 %
should of played these guys when  we lost to freo  finals flame went out
we need to get games into youngsters who will be ther long term

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2012, 02:58:17 PM »

Yeh it was stupid for these clubs to gift these guys games in their first year. Some people were critical of playing them so early. Some people still don't rate them.

well aint that the truth. You could hear the cries of how useless Hawkins was in his first few seasons

Too slow, wast of talent, fat, lazy.

look at him now.

with the right development and support group around anything is possible and players can get fast tracked.

Al no one mentioned griffiths so not sure what he has to do with this and as for Elton not being ready. Gee you saw that in the 1 game he played in Adelaide. You have a keen eye for talent then.

List balance you are joking arent you Claw? Yep Miller provided list balance last year did he?

If we had to bring in a seasoned recruit i would've preferred Moloney but thats just me.

He still has what it takes IMO and could prove a good foil if Foley fails to come up and we lost one of Lids or Cotch through injury

Edwards happy to be proven wrong because if i am then it must mean we are playing finals.

I just hope if our season is shot mid year then i dont see the likes of Mcguane, White, Edwards, Jackson ever again in a RFC jumper. Getting games into kids should've been our no 1 priority last year
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

the claw

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2012, 03:40:30 PM »

Edwards,Miller same poo

What does that tell you

You then must acknowledge one thing also.... We didn't make finals. So what's the point playing a used discarded dud in Miller when he was only getting in the way of a young developing player in Elton.
The match committee have a choice. Leave Miller in when it's clearly not working or play the youngster even though he mightn't be ready and put some games into him for his personal development or play another has been wannabe in Mcguane.
Well they chose mcguane and that didn't work either.
So what was achieved?
We missed the finals again.
We failed to get games into a young tall forward.
We found out that 2 of those aren't going to get us anywhere. ie Miller, Mcguane.
I'm not saying that Elton was ready. What I'm saying is that sometimes it doesn't hurt to play the youngsters and just see what he can do. He'll learn a hell of a lot more playing in the big league than playing in a substandard comp at a substandard club.
In doing this you either fast track development or find out if he's useless ie. Post
im not really sure what this has to do with edwards. or my post.but here goes anyway.

like you i was really keen to see elton get some games if for no other reason than he get a taste. especially late in the season.
 obviously he was deemed to be not ready and the only other option was mcguane or miller.

riewoldt, astbury injured, vickery injured, elton not ready, post playing kpd and on the outer. griffiths playing chb. what options did we have. while i agree it would not have hurt to give elton a few games late in the yr his place atm is at coburg. hes got to be ready to go.

we probably should have bought post back in earlier and played griffiths forward. but then we are pulling another kid from pillar to post throughout a season.

it depends on how you look at our list some have griffiths and astbury as kpds  me i have them as kpfs.

kpfs

riewoldt, griffiths, elton, astbury, and vickery as the ruck/for.  thats it if griffiths and astbury are kpfs pretty limited when vickery and astbury are injured and griffiths has to play in defense.
if astbury and griffiths are kpds we are terribly short of tall forwards and need to address it asap.

personally griffiths imo should have played forward with post getting more games down back. what probably should have happened was derickx replaced vickery a ruckman/forward for a ruckman/forward.

our tall defenders were rance, post, grimes injured  griffiths and astbury injured again very light on and aagain i have to say depending on where  people think astbury and griffiths should play if forwards very deficient in kpds. probably 3 short.

as a part of list management i think it important we decide what roles griffiths and astbury are going to perform so we can actually go out and fill the holes in the list

circumstance circumstance circumstance.

ask what what was different to our situation.
hmm jack darling had lynch kennedy cox he was physically ready haveing played wafl.
tom hawkins really struggled but played third fiddle to pods mooney with ottens going forward as well.
jon brown had lynch and bradshaw
cloke had tarrant and rocca  none were thrown in the deep end.

they were all big physical guys all were physically capable of playing first yr. all were good enough to get games.elton while a lovely size is not physically ready and has not really shown enough to warrant a game but i agree a few games just for the experience would not have hurt as long as he had big mature bodies in the side who could carry the load.

in 2010 we had just a 21 yr old riewoldt.  richo had retired and the next most experienced tall forward we had was vickery who had just 9 games and was supposed to be a future #1 ruckman. post 7 games, griffiths 0 games astbury 0 games blokes like miller were always going to get games and get em for two or three yrs while our talls developed you do realise thay take about 5 or 6 yrs to hit their peak

now ask yourself how many games and how developed were these kids by 2012 hardly at all due in main to injuries.

there was nothing wrong in getting miller there wasnt really much wrong in playing mcguane. one can understand why.
like you im hoping we see little of mcguane next yr and at various times  astbury griffiths or elton along with a fit vickery and riewoldt can play as our forwards.

i apologise to all  for being long winded.really have to find a way to say what i want in a shorter way.

the claw

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2012, 03:43:27 PM »
Ricky Petterd would bridge the gap between Edwards and O'Hanlon.
what do you think of him as a player 2011. i dont mind him but he sure has some knockers. yeah he would go some way to balancing out the age gaps here but can he play.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2012, 03:51:24 PM »

so you think that because some players are capable of handling it in their first year then every one should be able to?

yep as you say stupid, stupid, stupid.

If you cant understand that all kids develop at the same rate then you are totally cluless.

If you go back through hardwicks first two years you will see that all kids got a block of three games. Those that showed they could possibly handle it were given more games. if their form and confidence dropped off they were dropped back to VFL.

those that were obviously not ready were sent back to the VFL after their three games.

That is smart player management and shows an understanding that each individual is different, something you obviously have no concept of.

To say that, oh player x played so many games in their first year so therefore all our players should be able to would have to be one of the most irrational, ignorant and naive things i have seen posted, and thats saying something.

You might as well say that because tim watson was playing senior (then VFL) footy at age 16 then anyone who isnt ready to play the day they are drafted shouldnt even be drafted., or because chris judd won a brownlow in his third year then that is the benchmark by which we judge all young players.

:stupid
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI