Author Topic: OER PHANTOM DRAFT 2012  (Read 34372 times)

tony_montana

Re: OER PHANTOM DRAFT 2012
« Reply #180 on: November 23, 2012, 10:51:44 AM »
Why did Grundy slip so much?

Because most other clubs think like us - getting a good big man is the last piece of the puzzle and not worth the risk/return of developing one yourself from scratch.  Concentrate on building a powerhouse midfield and poach the lone proven ruckman when you need to.  Makes perfect sense to me.

which makes using a second rounder on mcbean a baffling decision. Would rather go a rookie option for a long termer rather than a prized 2nd pick and perhaps that Currie bloke with our final pick as insurance for Maric.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #181 on: November 23, 2012, 10:54:31 AM »
McBean at 33 is a good pick, nothing wrong with that. I don't think he would have slipped to our next pick and we have a very very promising big man in our ranks now. Moves well, reads the play, is agile and always looks to put a teammate in a better position with his plays.  :clapping

tony_montana

« Reply #182 on: November 23, 2012, 10:56:02 AM »
McBean at 33 is a good pick, nothing wrong with that. I don't think he would have slipped to our next pick and we have a very very promising big man in our ranks now. Moves well, reads the play, is agile and always looks to put a teammate in a better position with his plays.  :clapping

But can he ruck? Has played back and forward the past 2 years, not ruck? From what Ive read hes a midfielder in a ruckmans body?  Dont mean to hang the bloke, Im just concerned with how this reads at face value

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #183 on: November 23, 2012, 11:13:23 AM »
He can ruck, played predominantly in the ruck prior to this year where he was put forward and down back. Once he sorts himself out physically (2.5 years) he'll be a very very solid ruckman for us, able to play forward to high effect and very agile around the ground.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #184 on: November 23, 2012, 11:14:38 AM »
He can ruck, played predominantly in the ruck prior to this year where he was put forward and down back. Once he sorts himself out physically (2.5 years) he'll be a very very solid ruckman for us, able to play forward to high effect and very agile around the ground.

Have heard that before
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH